Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Alice1 wrote: »
    Noooo, DGK, I don't hate Fair City! I love it and wouldn't miss it.

i wasn't referring to your posts in case you thought that :) .... there's a troll in here where every post is negative
    such as this one here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

Thanks DGK - I thought you were referring to my post:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Is Una going back to Sierra Leone soon? I thought i read somewhere that she was only back for a few weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

max life wrote: »
    Is Una going back to Sierra Leone soon? I thought i read somewhere that she was only back for a few weeks...

Rumours suggest that's the case.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,393 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poor Christy :( but at least he has Ray

• Advertisement

The main man is back next week....Welcome back Mr. Charles !!!!
    ( Neasa looked fine last nite ;) )

You are obsessed ;)

Didn't watch FC last night.. have recorded it... hoping Louie features so I can get my Louie fix :D

angel01 wrote: »
    You are obsessed ;)

Didn't watch FC last night.. have recorded it... hoping Louie features so I can get my Louie fix :D
    People in GLASS HOUSES !!!:D:D:D

People in GLASS HOUSES !!!:D:D:D

I was waiting for that :D:D

I was just thinking, did anyone see the Jim Bartley (Bela) interview on the Fair City website? I can't see it posted anywhere and I thought this interview was due in November? :confused:

Is there any character in soap who is as grumpy as Niamh? She always looks pissed off. I think Esther is an older version of Niamh..:(

• Advertisement

Is there any character in soap who is as grumpy as Niamh? She always looks pissed off. I think Esther is an older version of Niamh..:(

Oi, leave Esther out of this :eek::D

Pauline Fowler in Eastenders surely would have won the grumpiest character ever :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,393 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do you think it will be Bob or Yvonne who finds out first about Louie and Carol's affair

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you think it will be Bob or Yvonne who finds out first about Louie and Carol's affair
    I think Neasa will be the first person to find out about the affair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Who ever finds out hopefully they will have a field day.

I vote ...... Christy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I don't think Orla and Keith are going to last - I reckon they'll be finished by Easter. She seemed disgusted that Sarah gave up Keith without a fight (well that's before she found out about the fake tan). I seriously see Orla getting the leg over Louis.

For those wondering what Sean has been up to.. he has been in panto :eek:

SOLD OUT before it even opened, the most talked-about pantomime of the season – with pop stars Jedward – gave its loyal audience everything they expected and more at the first of 34 performances.

Ciara Armstrong and Stuart O’Connor of Spotlight Productions have worked hard at developing young talent and this year, it has paid off.

Right from the opening all- singing all-dancing scenes, the show flows well with the traditional story of Cinderella (played by the lovely Jessica Cervi), her ugly sisters (Alan Kavanagh and David Doyle) and stepmother (Sally O’Leary) lending itself to the extra-special addition of pop sensations Jedward.

Although they completely stole the show when they sang Ghostbusters , Under Pressure and other hits, Jedward also blended in amazingly well as Fairy Godmother’s (Linda Martin) not- so-little helpers.

Fair City actor Ryan Andrews brought individual charm to the role of the prince and Craig Connolly was brilliant as Buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i reckon it will be neasa that finds out first about the affair... then she will accidentally slip to bob... who could have one or two reactions
    1. have a field day and torture christy
    2. go against louie trying to destroy him and be on christy's side

I am :o:o

I was sitting on the luas on my way home and there was me sitting proudly with my Fair City bag on my lap, doing a puzzle with my fair city pen :o and I looked up and saw a lady looking at my Fair City bag and I thought where do I recognise her from... it finally hit me as we both got up from the seats.. it was Renee from Fair City.. mortified...:D

Why do people in soaps go into a bar or restauraunt, order a drink, and then walk out without taking even a sip of the drink ???? Carol done that tonight and it happens all the time in soapland... It drives me bonkers !!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Now I have images in my head of Charlie getting passionate with Niamh :(

I'm enjoying the banter between the Dermot and the others in the office though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I hate the Carol and louie thing. Its crap stupid and poor. You just get a buzz of a dirty going no where oh i am sorry christy affair.

Its stupid...

I hate the Carol and louie thing. Its crap stupid and poor. You just get a buzz of a dirty going no where oh i am sorry christy affair.

Its stupid...

I actually find it boring to watch Louie & Christy together, there is no magic, no sparkle and certainly no fun to be had.. I think with Louie & Carol, there is chemistry and a genuine feeling between the two..

I am all for it... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Its stupid...

I agree to an extent. I also think they are making Louis the new Paul.

As Sarah fights to save her man from Una's clutches, could there be another maneater waiting to snatch him up? The RTÉ Guide's Suzanne Byrne chats to Fair City's Keith, Sarah, Una and Orla to find out who'll be kissing who.
    1 of 1 00040ff8-314.jpg
    Well, well, well, it seems Keith is the gift that a lot of the ladies of Carrigstown are hoping for this Christmas. There's current girlfriend Sarah, who Keith's been with for several months now. They recently signed a joint mortgage on her house, but a rather glum holiday in Venice has put a damper on their passion. Next up is old flame Una, who has returned from Africa to reclaim her man, but after 20 months apart, does Keith have any feelings left for the bubbly blonde hairdresser? And then there's Orla - some might say she is a bit of maneater - but would she really betray her friend Sarah again after stealing Sarah's last boyfriend only a year ago?

Alan O'Neill, who plays the handsome mechanic, reckons it's Keith's need to be mammied that has all the ladies falling at his feet.
    Do you think Keith is truly in love with Sarah?

He has made a commitment to her by going halves on her mortgage - so he probably does think that he loves her. Granted, he was kind of pushed into it by Orla and Finn, who repeatedly told him that it was a good opportunity.

How does he feel about Una being back in Carrigstown?
    Well he was delighted to see her back as a friend. When she left it was all over as far as he was concerned, but then she started to come on to him and remind him of the good times. Keith started to remember what it was like, when life was much easier and he didn't have the commitment of a mortgage and now he wonders if he made a mistake.

What was Keith and Sarah holiday in Venice really like?
    Well it consisted of Sarah marching him around the streets of Venice looking at statues and canals, which is not his thing at all. The problem is he gave her the choice of the holiday and he thought she would pick somewhere like Lanzarote or somewhere like that. He wanted a holiday like the one he had with Una in Portugal.

Is Una a consideration for him or does he just want to be friends?

He does consider getting back with Una because he is very confused with their history and he turns to Orla for some advice.

What is it that Keith likes about Orla?

Well he probably sees a bit of himself in her. He likes that she is feisty. That is what he is always looking for - someone to look out for him and watch him. I think that is why woman are attracted him, they all want to play mammy. They usually end up doing that and then he bails on them in the last minute.

Has he ever thought about Orla romantically?
    Never - he did turn her down once. Orla tried it on when he was fixing something in Niamh's and the only reason he didn't was because Una had caught him out on something and he was trying to be a good boy.

Do you think they would work as a couple?
    I think so. She really has been there for him this past year. I think there is chemistry there between them . . . but who knows?

Do you think Keith wants to settle down, get married and have a family?

I wouldn't say he thinks about that at all. It's work, pints, bed and football at the weekend. He wants to live his life as simply as possible and all this pressure from women is just getting on top of him.

Gemma Doorly, who plays Keith's current girlfriend, reveals that Sarah feels severely under threat now that Una has returned to Carrigstown

Why does Sarah think that Keith is the one for her?

I think Sarah and Keith are a good couple because Sarah is quite grounded, she is quite together, she owns a house and she has a very good work ethic. I think when they first met that was a contrast to Keith, who was a bit of a flake. She has kind of put manners on him, so whoever he ends up with, Sarah has done a lot of groundwork!

What would you say in particular that she was attracted in Keith?

I think it was that poor Sarah had no luck with men before Keith and he treated her like a princess until now and she was really impressed by that. He really was her knight in shining armour last Christmas when Orla ran off with Ian. I think it was a real case of opposites attract.

Before they went on holidays, everything seemed to be OK between them - what happened?

I would say Sarah has been showing signs of being very insecure because Una is back and the first time she met her she was in a banana suit, which was probably the worst way possible to meet her boyfriend's ex-fiancée! Then they went on holidays to Venice and it really wasn't Keith's idea of a holiday - but that's all she thinks is wrong with him.

What does she think of Una?
    She is horrified that she even has to compete with her because of the history she has with Keith. I think for the first time ever, Sarah is really threatened.

How does Sarah feel when Una makes it blatant that she out to win Keith back?

I think Sarah is very afraid that she is going to lose him. But in true Sarah style, she would rather die than show that. She is putting on a brave face and pretending that she is fine but she really isn't.

Does it ever cross her mind that Keith and Orla might be getting a bit too close?

No! It is the last thing on her mind, which is kind of naïve after what Orla did last year. Personally, I wouldn't trust Orla as far as I can throw her!

If they were to break up or if she was to ever find that he was cheating on her, how would that make Sarah feel?

I think she would be devastated, although she might move in on Finn, you never know!

Christmas is a coming and as Sandra Curran explains, Una is determined to have her man back in time for Santa' arrival.
    Why is Una so sure that Keith is the one for her?

She is convinced they belong together, she feels they have been through so much and they have come out the other side. She spent 20 months away from him and in that time she did meet other guys, but no one who made her feel as Keith did. So she has come back to get her man.

What is about Keith that makes him the man for Una?

Una and Keith are a match. Una is so easygoing she doesn't expect to be wined or dined and she doesn't expect gifts, and I think that is the kind of woman that Keith needs. They are like a lot of couples; all over each other one minute and then killing each other the next.

What does Una think about Keith being with Sarah?

She is shocked that they are together because she feels of all the people in Carrigstown, Sarah is not right for Keith. Keith is very down to earth - he's a mechanic, while Sarah's so career minded. Una thinks he needs someone on his level.

How far is Una willing to go to get her man?

As far as it takes! She does not care - she is back on a mission, she spent a long time away from him, and now she wants him back. She is going to stay and fight for him.

If Keith doesn't choose Una at the end of the day, how upset would she be?

I think she will be devastated. I think she has grown up a lot in Africa. She really is convinced it is going to work out between them. She believes wholeheartedly he will leave Sarah - it's like, 'right he had a bit of fun and we'll get over that now that we are getting back together'.

Keith and Orla have become really good friends, admits Sorcha Furlong, but could there be more to it?

Has it ever crossed Orla's mind that she might fancy Keith?

No. About four years ago, she made a pass at him because she was lonely but now they are extremely good friends. Orla is looking for love but she has been so busy putting Sarah and Keith together and now trying to keep Una away, that she hasn't had a chance to find a man of her own.

Is Keith her type?

Orla has had different men all through the years and I think the way she is feeling now is that companionship and a friend is what she is looking for. Obviously, she wants romance and to fancy the person and all that kind of stuff. She wants what Niamh and Paul have . . . wait and see!

What is it about Keith that makes him such a good friend?

He is very loyal to Sarah, he is very honest and good craic. When Orla and Keith spend time together, they have a laugh. They are like mirror images of each other.

What does Orla think of Una?

Orla feels Una has come back to stir trouble. She thinks Sarah is a lovely girl and doesn't really deserve the trouble Una is bringing.

What is Orla's friendship like with Sarah?

Oral and Sarah had a great friendship up until last year when Orla slept with Ian. But Sarah managed to forgive Orla and now they live together. Sarah is very highly strung which Orla finds very humorous.

Would Orla and Keith make a good couple?

I think there wouldn't be a dull moment. If they got together and everything was rosy in the garden, it would be the most amazing relationship ever and I'd say if things ever got bad, they would kill each other.

(this interview seems to have been posted late to the RTE website :rolleyes::()

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Its stupid...
    Agreed. It's totally boring - a complete snoozefest.
    For starters they don't look like a match. Then again Christy and Carol doesn't look right together either.

Having said that Dean and Tracy don't look like a match either but they made it believable - perhaps they're just better actors.
    Of course it could simply be that I don't rate Carol despite the adoration she seems to get here. She's vastly overrated. Maybe the writing is at fault.

Whatever the reason the Louie/Carol/Christy storyline is just not working and the sooner it gets killed off the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wow, had a great laugh at Fair City the last week, let nobody say RTE cannot do a good comedy. A few points:

Yvonne, stop dressing like Harry Potter, with the big black cape and those espionage black gloves she has on her 24/7. Who wears black gloves indoors all the time :D

Keith and Orla? Came out of nowhere and was just a way to give both of them a storyline. Orla literally does nothing but drink wine in Mccoys all day, despite allegedly having a great job. And Keith suddenly falling for her just smacks of a rushed script, no credibility at all.

Speaking of which, Dermot and his wife (the one with the fake posh voice) are not funny. Repeat- NOT. FUNNY. Getting a plane stuck to your hand, is that supposed to be the comic relief? Jesus wept...

But what is funny is the consistent bad acting and paper thin sets, its one of the best unintentional comedies out there, anyone know if FC is planning to tackle another deep and relevant issue, like the domestic abuse? They made such a mess of that, its bound to be even funnier.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Agreed. It's totally boring - a complete snoozefest.
    For starters they don't look like a match. Then again Christy and Carol doesn't look right together either.

Having said that Dean and Tracy don't look like a match either but they made it believable - perhaps they're just better actors.
    Of course it could simply be that I don't rate Carol despite the adoration she seems to get here. She's vastly overrated. Maybe the writing is at fault.

Whatever the reason the Louie/Carol/Christy storyline is just not working and the sooner it gets killed off the better.
    I have to agree that this storyline is boring. I dont think Louie has had a decent storyline since he arrived in Carrigstown. He has an air of mystique about him, so they could they do anything with his character. I never rated Carol - I think she would be more at home in panto.. I would have preferred to see Louie with Suzanne. It would be interesting to see how he would react if she abused him..

Has someone dared to slag Carol off... let me at them :mad::eek: I love Carol, she is one of my favourite characters, there is never enough Carol scenes for me, the strongest female character in the show.. as for Louie, well I think you know my feelings on him... I love their partnership, their chemistry, the way they look at each other... I melt watching them! :D

I have wanted Louie & Carol to hook up for a VERY long time and I am loving every single second.. I would rather watch them together then Christy fawning all over Carol, he ages her and Louie makes her young again :D

I am loving this storyline and it is about time they got together :)

• Advertisement

Wow, had a great laugh at Fair City the last week, let nobody say RTE cannot do a good comedy. A few points:

Yvonne, stop dressing like Harry Potter, with the big black cape and those espionage black gloves she has on her 24/7. Who wears black gloves indoors all the time :D

Presume you haven't met Seamus then... ;)
    Keith and Orla? Came out of nowhere and was just a way to give both of them a storyline. Orla literally does nothing but drink wine in Mccoys all day, despite allegedly having a great job. And Keith suddenly falling for her just smacks of a rushed script, no credibility at all.

I am loving Orla but think they rushed pairing them up.. She did quite a bit of work for Louie recently... you seem to have forgotten this..
    Speaking of which, Dermot and his wife (the one with the fake posh voice) are not funny. Repeat- NOT. FUNNY. Getting a plane stuck to your hand, is that supposed to be the comic relief? Jesus wept...

Her name is Jo and I enjoyed it, it was light relief and fun to watch and they are a very funny partnership, one of the best in the show

But what is funny is the consistent bad acting and paper thin sets, its one of the best unintentional comedies out there, anyone know if FC is planning to tackle another deep and relevant issue, like the domestic abuse? They made such a mess of that, its bound to be even funnier.

Now I know you are trolling.. they handled the domestic abuse storyline wonderfully and judging by the ratings, people obviously agree with me and if it highlights such an important storyline and people benefit from calling the helplines, they are doing a good job.

Glad you find it amusing, we aim to please :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement