Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

I am a bit wary of those pictures of Neasa in the skimpy outfit and bunny ears. I hope they're not just going to stick her in as window-dressing. It would be a waste of a good actress.

She could become a victim of her own extreme beauty, and God I know what that's like. :cool:

Yeah its tough being this good looking at all time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Don't forget to send questions in for the Victor Burke interview today.

They're building up quite a collection of these interviews.

Patrick Fitzpatrick, Jenny Kavanagh and now Victor Burke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Don't forget to send questions in for the Victor Burke interview today. Just sent mine in. Also sent in my competition entry - probably shoud have spent more time with the limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

OK, let's get this moving.

"There was an ould fella called Bela...."

(Chews pen for twenty minutes, swears, throws pen at cat, turns on Magnum PI.)

LOL

Based on Captain Negative's observation about Doug on page 582 and just because I like Doug anyway...
    There once was a young lad called Doug,
    whom Charlie thought was a bit of a thug.
    Suprisingly Doug had some morals
    and he didn't like quarrels
    so he kissed and made up with a hug.

And

There was a middle-aged man called Paul
    for whom loose women were his downfall.
    So when Yvonne got knocked up
    after a cry and a sup
    it made him reconsider having a maul.

Finally
    There once was an old man called Cass,
    who gave Charlie quite a lot of sass.
    He loved to mooch
    he was quite fond of hooch
    and very seldom seen at mass.

Ok they're not very good but they're taking the edge of my nerves at the moment :D. I've my driving test later today and feel sick at the thoughts of it. Will throw my 2 cents in about recent episodes when I get home.

Good luck eyespy! love the limericks :D

• Advertisement

They well done with them. Id think about copyrighting it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Those are great. Good luck with the test. I was going to say "You'll walk it", but that's probably not a great idea.

There once was a fella called Bela
    whose tapas of seafood paella
    was really quite odd -
    just some rice, and some cod
    and some salmon, and some salmonella.

There was a hot guard callled Ian
    on whom I was quite keen
    He left for Mayo
    he's still my hero
    We all still miss him on screen

There was a detective called John
    who was known to rough up the odd con
    and even more callous
    he never rang Alice
    after six months of leading her on.

I'll be adding something scurrilous about Louie too, as soon as I can think of a rhyme for Angel.

• Advertisement

and even more callous
    he never rang Alice

I'll be adding something scurrilous about Louie too, as soon as I can think of a rhyme for Angel.

I was trying to do one with Louis there. The only things that rhymes with Louis are pooey and chewy! :rolleyes:

There was an old girl called Jo
    who could not go with the flow
    her finger she wagged
    poor Dermot was dragged
    out of bed away from Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

and even more callous
    he never rang Alice

That ones great. If you can think of any involving your old pal CaptainNegative and either Neasa or Cleo that'd be great.
    The one I entered involved Wayne, but I ain't posting that here until after the competition.

I had to laugh at Dean & Leo tonight, very funny scenes :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Brilliant episode tonight. Some fantastic one liners from Carol tonight as well as Esther. Dean being Leo's wingman for the wedding is a great touch. Loved Dean's rendition of "Single Ladies". Love the chemistry with the both of them, they are excellent together. Nice to see Neasa back :D Zumo had a lovely glint in his eye when he was trying to chat her up. Damien putting wasabi sauce in mark's bread. Some great little moments tonight. Just a great episode tonight.

I know how Niamh feels when she looks at the scales :eek::(

angel01 wrote: »
    I know how Niamh feels when she looks at the scales :eek::(

Is it a good idea to talk about someone's weight problem so openingly like that?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kid Shilleen

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Is it a good idea to talk about someone's weight problem so openingly like that?:confused:

Mayber if Niamh actually had a weight problem. It's glaringly obvious she doesn't. She looked stunning tonight.

Taking off the ring before stepping back on the scales. That's genius acting or direction. Whichever, a great touch.

Mayber if Niamh actually had a weight problem. It's glaringly obvious she doesn't. She looked stunning tonight.

Taking off the ring before stepping back on the scales. That's genius acting or direction. Whichever, a great touch.

Yes it was a nice touch. Thought that was a lovely comic moment.

Gibson101 wrote: »
    No it wasn't, but Esther doesn't care, she just wants the money :eek:

I thought it was funny when she took the shoes and ring off, does she not know the rule.. weigh yourself first thing in the morning, you weigh less then :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Why is there a need for a mayor election. Whats the idea of manifestos etc. What difference do what each thinks matter. The position has no power. The way they go on you swear it was like an american presidential election. Why could they not have the characters run for a place on the local council that may have become vacant. would make much more sense then.

If there was a need for a mayor of Carraigstown, why not then make it a charity thing each year, where the person that collects the most money is the mayor for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

Thanks for that Meeja - twas brilliant!

Where has Eileen been recently. After all the trouble Bob gave her over Carols apartment I thought she'd have been all over him after he stole from Charlotte.

Nice scene of Bob and Zumo in the taxi office. Bobs playing s dangerous game. Couldnt believe he favoured Louie though; thought he'd despised him more than Zumo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yay Neasa is back! Good times...

Epicurus wrote: »
    Where has Eileen been recently. After all the trouble Bob gave her over Carols apartment I thought she'd have been all over him after he stole from Charlotte.

Nice scene of Bob and Zumo in the taxi office. Bobs playing s dangerous game. Couldnt believe he favoured Louie though; thought he'd despised him more than Zumo.

I think it was because he wanted to get at Zumo and he is number 1 enemy at the moment! :eek:

I miss Eileen :(

Yay Neasa is back! Good times...

I thought it was a nice touch with Dolores & Judith talking about Neasa with Damien in the background :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Thanks for the well wishes Angel and Meeja, I Passed!!! :D Still don't believe it. I'm shattered now but will watch tonights FC tomorrow and post a limerick in celebration for either Leo, Charlie or Esther, depending on which one I send into the competition. Did anyone find out what dealbreaker Suzanne and Louie were talking about in the credits for last night?

Night :) still floating, mightn't need the car at all now :)

Eyespy wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes Angel and Meeja, I Passed!!! :D Still don't believe it. I'm shattered now but will watch tonights FC tomorrow and post a limerick in celebration for either Leo, Charlie or Esther, depending on which one I send into the competition. Did anyone find out what dealbreaker Suzanne and Louie were talking about in the credits for last night?

Well done!! :D:D

Eyespy wrote: »

Great news. Well done!

• Advertisement

I am really looking forward to the rest of the Dillon family, I know we know lots about Neasa but interested to see how the rest do.. there did need to be more females in the show so good to see that addressed!

I forgot to mention that I love Dolores & Wayne's scenes, her mentioning that all he seems to be interested in was the money, it seems to be true these days :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement