Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

ROFL @ Charlie's confrontation with Doug.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Dermot was excellent tonight. Thought Bob was great. The Charlie/Doug Altercation was interesting to say the least. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

rogercar wrote: »
    That's Fair City! Characters disappear off screen for months on end with no explanation given as to where they are. Because of the roses only three episodes this week, surely they could have put the extra episode on as normal ie. RTE2.

A lot of it is due to other work that the actors may be involved with, for instance the actress who plays Jo has her own acting school, others are involved with theatre work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Memory refresh please - Charlies's manslaughter case - who did he push that died - cant remember for the life of me?

Is Pauline coming back into it - I loved her - she was a brilliant character. I heard she was one of the story-liners or scripters in Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

deelite wrote: »
    Memory refresh please - Charlies's manslaughter case - who did he push that died - cant remember for the life of me?

Johnno Morrissey
    Charlie has had to defend his name on more than one occasion. He was arrested for running an illegal radio station but faced his biggest challenge when he was questioned for murder. Johnno Morrissey, a local thug was terrorising the people of Carrigstown. Charlie decided it was his duty to confront Johnno. On doing so a struggle broke out and Charlie pushed Johhno. Johnno hit his head and died. The shock led to Charlie having a heart attack and being hospitalised. However it was revealed that Johnno had an aneurism on his brain, a ticking time bomb which would have killed him anyway. Charlie’s name was cleared, a fact which Johnno’s mother Pat found hard to take

• Advertisement

Is Pauline coming back into it - I loved her - she was a brilliant character. I heard she was one of the story-liners or scripters in Fair City.

I believe Pauline is due to get married in the show, not sure if she is appearing on screen though..

Felt sorry for Damien tonight, he just couldn't say or do the right thing, even though he as really trying.. Dermot was wonderful as well. I also loved how Pete stood up for Doug :)

I can't warm to Avi, I find him so weak :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

The set builders have really cocked up with the Doctors house. There would be no real problem blocking off the side of the stairs and making a little hall way inside the front door, but they seen to have given her a new room, turing in right as you come in the front door and going up the stairs. Maybe she has bought next door as well and we have not been told yet and they have made the two houses into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

jos28 wrote: »
    I was bawling at that one. My Mam died 2 weeks ago and I would give anything to call into her for a cup of tea.:(

Very sorry for your loss jos28.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    The set builders have really cocked up with the Doctors house. There would be no real problem blocking off the side of the stairs and making a little hall way inside the front door, but they seen to have given her a new room, turing in right as you come in the front door and going up the stairs. Maybe she has bought next door as well and we have not been told yet and they have made the two houses into one.

The house is completely different, I hate when they do things like this.. :(

I had to smile when Bob gave Carol her chain back and Louie's little digs at Bob :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

angel01 wrote: »
    A lot of it is due to other work that the actors may be involved with, for instance the actress who plays Jo has her own acting school, others are involved with theatre work etc.
    Ya and that is great for the actors concerned. But I just wish that the script writers would write them out, giving a plausable reason as to where they are. It is so annoying when they disappear like that. Wouldn't it be nice occasionally if, for eg. when Louie and Carole dont have lines to speak that one of them would be seen behind the bar or doing floor service. It's not very realistic for a business man or woman to feck off for weeks/months at a time and leave the business to be ran by junior staff, usually played by extras who never utter a word, only nod or shake their heads! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

It's not very realistic for a business man or woman to feck off for weeks/months at a time and leave the business to be ran by junior staff, usually played by extras who never utter a word, only nod or shake their heads! :(

But - but - that's the way RTE is run!

But - but - that's the way RTE is run!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really enjoyed last nights episode.
    Think Doug has been pulling a blinder lately and I do like the Charlie VS Doug storyline, because the way some elderly people in this country tar all young people with the same brush and treat them like sh*t is terrible. Doug probably has the best morals of all the characters in the show - he makes mistakes, but overall he seems to try and make the right choices.

I like how they've started to list the writers in the episode synopsis on the website - it will make it easier for me to determine who are the strongest writers. I think both Sian Quill who wrote Wednesday's episode and Hilary Reynalds who wrote last nights are particularly good - I remember seeing their names before after good episodes, so I like that I now will know in advance who writes the episodes.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Johnno Morrissey

Thanx for that but I'm still none the wiser - I can't remember the storyline at all - any idea when that happened?

I think Charlie is acting his socks off at the moment. The community centre storyline is bringing out the best in him. The old fuss-pot act is fitfully amusing, but it's great when they remember the darker aspects of his life. Not just that he's still grieving, but the fact that he's a bit of a bully. He's throwing his weight around physically with the kids, and financially with Dermot.

Thanx for that but I'm still none the wiser - I can't remember the storyline at all - any idea when that happened?

Johnnos mother Pat in the picture was working in Belas shop.

episode110_1.jpg

Charlie confronted Johnno on the 4th March 2004.

It starts here and continues for a few weeks.

and Hilary Reynalds who wrote last nights are particularly good

I didn't know Hilary Reynolds was still involved with Fair City (Shelley O'Connor).
    Any chance of a guest appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Ya and that is great for the actors concerned. But I just wish that the script writers would write them out, giving a plausable reason as to where they are. It is so annoying when they disappear like that. Wouldn't it be nice occasionally if, for eg. when Louie and Carole dont have lines to speak that one of them would be seen behind the bar or doing floor service. It's not very realistic for a business man or woman to feck off for weeks/months at a time and leave the business to be ran by junior staff, usually played by extras who never utter a word, only nod or shake their heads! :(

Seems like Paul, Rachel and Niamh are on one of these breaks too. I just realised there that i hadn't seen them in a while! At least they gave Yvonne an exit story.

Right now I know why I don't remember it - I was having a baby - and soaps weren't the first thing on my mind for a few months. :D

Really enjoyed last nights episode.
    Think Doug has been pulling a blinder lately and I do like the Charlie VS Doug storyline, because the way some elderly people in this country tar all young people with the same brush and treat them like sh*t is terrible. Doug probably has the best morals of all the characters in the show - he makes mistakes, but overall he seems to try and make the right choices.

I like how they've started to list the writers in the episode synopsis on the website - it will make it easier for me to determine who are the strongest writers. I think both Sian Quill who wrote Wednesday's episode and Hilary Reynalds who wrote last nights are particularly good - I remember seeing their names before after good episodes, so I like that I now will know in advance who writes the episodes.

I think Doug has been brilliant in what he's given. He's one of those characters that at times you want to give him a clip in the ear, but then he surprises you with something out of the blue. I think it's great writing on the writers part and also acting.

• Advertisement

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Seems like Paul, Rachel and Niamh are on one of these breaks too. I just realised there that i hadn't seen them in a while! At least they gave Yvonne an exit story.

Why would they give them an exit story, unfortunately they are not leaving :(

Niamh is back next week

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Why would they give them an exit story, unfortunately they are not leaving :(

Niamh is back next week
    Sure. But they could try to explain their abscence all summer!

Séan is another one who absent at the minute. Maybe he had exams or something. He's not to bad of an actor.

I wonder has Orla had her baby yet?

Sure. But they could try to explain their abscence all summer!

but they don't bother doing that for any other character so why bother with them? Doesn't happen in other soaps so what is the point of doing it?
    eimearcmh wrote: »
    Séan is another one who absent at the minute. Maybe he had exams or something. He's not to bad of an actor.

I wonder has Orla had her baby yet?

Yes she has had her baby :) I expect her back sometime next year.

Una Kavanagh (Heather) is filming a short, playing a depressive valium addict. No bother to her:

http://www.sundayworld.com/showbiz/index.php

The print edition also has an excellent double-page spread about the rest of the Dillon family coming to Fair City, but I can't find it online. I'd say they'll add a few viewers. They're a good-looking bunch.

Yes she has had her baby :) I expect her back sometime next year.

Congrats to Orla. Hope to see her back soon.icon7.gif

Una Kavanagh (Heather) is filming a short, playing a depressive valium addict. No bother to her:

http://www.sundayworld.com/showbiz/index.php

The print edition also has an excellent double-page spread about the rest of the Dillon family coming to Fair City, but I can't find it online. I'd say they'll add a few viewers. They're a good-looking bunch.

Can you not scan it in :P

Can you describe the family? how many kids?

Can you not scan it in :P

Can you describe the family? how many kids?

It's based around Dr Dillon and her good-looking silver-haired husband. There are three daughters and a son. Neasa we know and love. The dark-haired younger sister is the girl someone posted a picture of a few weeks ago - the actress was going out with Yare, who plays Felix. There is another girl, who I don't recognise but is also very photogenic. I would guess she is in her late teens. Then there's a young lad who looks about twelve. He's wearing a Kilkenny strip.

I don't want to harp on their looks - I presume they can all act - but there is definitely a bit of an eye-candy thing going on. No harm, I suppose. They also genuinely look like a family, so I'd sy they took their time casting them.

The article is a good look behind the scenes. There are forty writers under one head writer, for example. They work out stories using models of the sets, and they seem to be very closely involved in designing them.

The main thing I get from the article is how much effort they are putting into the new family. They've been planning them for 18 months, and they've got a huge new set (presumably the one that's been getting the ambassador's lederhosen in a twist).

It will be the biggest family in the show. It's a big gamble. If it works, they'll pull in new viewers. If it doesn't, it will be a disaster.

PS, there's an article about Bryan Murray in the Home section of the Sunday Times. Yes, I've had a very lazy Sunday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Johnnos mother Pat in the picture was working in Belas shop.

episode110_1.jpg

It starts here and continues for a few weeks.

jees you know something i remember all of that EXCEPT the "johno" person. i vaguely remember pat.. but i can't remember the son! so much has happened since 04!
    i remember delores with her shopping problem LOL .. can't remember why she did it though!

• Advertisement

It's based around Dr Dillon and her good-looking silver-haired husband. There are three daughters and a son. Neasa we know and love. The dark-haired younger sister is the girl someone posted a picture of a few weeks ago - the actress was going out with Yare, who plays Felix. There is another girl, who I don't recognise but is also very photogenic. I would guess she is in her late teens. Then there's a young lad who looks about twelve. He's wearing a Kilkenny strip.

I don't want to harp on their looks - I presume they can all act - but there is definitely a bit of an eye-candy thing going on. No harm, I suppose. They also genuinely look like a family, so I'd sy they took their time casting them.

The article is a good look behind the scenes. There are forty writers under one head writer, for example. They work out stories using models of the sets, and they seem to be very closely involved in designing them.

The main thing I get from the article is how much effort they are putting into the new family. They've been planning them for 18 months, and they've got a huge new set (presumably the one that's been getting the ambassador's lederhosen in a twist).

It will be the biggest family in the show. It's a big gamble. If it works, they'll pull in new viewers. If it doesn't, it will be a disaster.

PS, there's an article about Bryan Murray in the Home section of the Sunday Times. Yes, I've had a very lazy Sunday. :)

They sound great...apart from the Kilkenny bit. Im sure Damien wil be delighted to see Neasa back too:D.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement