Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

blondie7 wrote: »
    Im liking/hating this major storyline. Its good cos we get to see fiesty Carol but hate it cos i want to punch Esther every time she opens her mouth! God she annoys me. I think i missed part of an episode but when did Damien and Suzanne decide to start trying for a baby???

I think it was on Thursday, he told her that it was what he wanted..
    Epicurus wrote: »
    Fair City shocker

This may not be true.

I could see Esther and Carol being related somehow. I'm enjoying their current battle to be mayor. Deise Tom said that its not the American President their going for - The Carrigstown Mayor is way more important. They are very similar characters. Esther remarked that Carol was beneath her, it would be interesting if they were grandmother/granddaughter.

haha :D You had me going for a second! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The whole Damien\Suzanne storyline isn't goin in the direction I thought it would.

It was obvious enough that yer one who he had the fling with was gonna reappear, probably pregnant.

But the whole story of her almost battering him and throwing violent tantrums with Mark always thinking it was Damien doing it. I've been expecting Suzanne to show up murdered or at least battered almost to death some day with Damien getting wrongly accused just cos everyone wrongly thinks he's been battering her. T'would be good!

Just checked Jenny (Cleo's) charity thing, wow at the amount they have raised!

http://www.hopechallenge2010.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Laois_Man wrote: »
    The whole Damien\Suzanne storyline isn't goin in the direction I thought it would.

It was obvious enough that yer one who he had the fling with was gonna reappear, probably pregnant.

But the whole story of her almost battering him and throwing violent tantrums with Mark always thinking it was Damien doing it. I've been expecting Suzanne to show up murdered or at least battered almost to death some day with Damien getting wrongly accused just cos everyone wrongly thinks he's been battering her. T'would be good!

Yea I thought they were going down the battered spouse road there with shock horror Suzanne doing the battering ... did they bottle it?

Callan57 wrote: »
    Yea I thought they were going down the battered spouse road there with shock horror Suzanne doing the battering ... did they bottle it?

She hasn't found out about Damo's liason with Neasa and could you imagine if Neasa was pregnant... don't rule it out :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Great week of episodes! Love the Ray/Leo women chasing story. Very funny. Not mad about the mayor story, but i do enjoy esther.
    Is anyone else sick of looking at Zumo. I think the character has run his course. He is so boring and predictable. He just talks low and threatens people, but hes about as scary as a egg. He gets blown off the screen acting-wise by Bob too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'd imagine Caoimhe (Neasa's older sister) and Louie would be more likely from what I've heard.

Caoimhe was doing a radio interview today and I got the slight impression that she might be more suited to Connie or Yvonne....

Eradicate wrote: »
    Great week of episodes! Love the Ray/Leo women chasing story. Very funny. Not mad about the mayor story, but i do enjoy esther.
    Is anyone else sick of looking at Zumo. I think the character has run his course. He is so boring and predictable. He just talks low and threatens people, but hes about as scary as a egg. He gets blown off the screen acting-wise by Bob too

I think they need to think of doing something else with Zumo, it is a little repetitive now, I do like Zumo but he doesn't do anything other than try and scare people.. and as for this Bob thing, Bob acts him off the park and is much more interesting. Zumo seems to be too one dimensional :(

I really like Esther too :D I adore Leo, I wish they would use him more, he brightens the show up for me.
    deelite wrote: »
    Caoimhe was doing a radio interview today and I got the slight impression that she might be more suited to Connie or Yvonne....

Oh really... that might make it interesting when Yvonne comes back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Bob and Zumo have taken their feud online. They both have Twitter accounts now. Some of the stuff is very funny. (Nothing to do with the actual programme, I presume.)

I'm really looking forward to this week's episodes. Mainly because of the new family, but I'm also watching Damien and Suznne with mounting dread. One of them is definitely going to get hurt.

Bob and Zumo have taken their feud online. They both have Twitter accounts now. Some of the stuff is very funny. (Nothing to do with the actual programme, I presume.)

I'm really looking forward to this week's episodes. Mainly because of the new family, but I'm also watching Damien and Suznne with mounting dread. One of them is definitely going to get hurt.

What are the twitter names? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Zumo is just an awful actor. Not one bit believable. They should fade him out a bit and give a go to his brother. The one who pulls all the hard-chaw faces! Not sure whether he's Deco or Denzo! :-D

The best thing about it is that they interact with each other. It's very funny to hear them slagging each other off.

zumobishopreal
    Sample tweet - just eatin a plate of me nans burgers countin me money and watchin the karate kid.

bob_charles
    Sample tweet - Wooo just seen Keith lob a hungry pig burger into the bosca bruscar. Say hello to bob's dinner

Leo_Dowling
    Sample tweet - I've just realised Carol Meehan is the MAYOR of Carrigstown. I thought it was "mare".
    niamh_cassidy
    Sample tweet - I am just so sick of Paul not picking up his dirty socks. I'm not running a a a a BLOODY cleaning service!

I have a strong feeling there will soon be a fifth member in the gang... Anyone feel like joining in? :)

The best thing about it is that they interact with each other. It's very funny to hear them slagging each other off.

zumobishopreal

bob_charles

Leo_Dowling

niamh_cassidy

I have a strong feeling there will soon be a fifth member in the gang... Anyone feel like joining in? :)

haha, more interesting than the official Zumo account LOL! pity they all spell Carrigstown wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Zumo is just an awful actor. Not one bit believable. They should fade him out a bit and give a go to his brother. The one who pulls all the hard-chaw faces! Not sure whether he's Deco or Denzo! :-D

Yes! I think i know the one you are talking about! But i also dont know his name! LOL! But he is good
    They need to get shot of Zumo though, his acting is an embarrassment. I always think with actors on fair city, to determine if they are good or not. 1. would they get on the English soaps, and look out of place and 2. Being a fan of fair city, and if i was trying to convert one of my friends, would they roll their eyes at a certain actors performance.

By and large, all the cast are excellent. My favourites being Niamh, Pete, Ray and Leo

but there are a few who let the whole thing down and are atrocious. Namely
    1. Zumo
    2. Felix
    3. Avi
    4. Catriona
    5. Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

zumobishopreal :)

Lets hope he doesn't do a Demo Moore and post a picture of himself half naked!!

''Double Check the Phone Number Before You Text Someone for Weed [Kids These Days] http://bit.ly/bAE2nz about 12 hours ago via Snaptu.com''
    He posted that 12 hrs ago :D

Yes! I think i know the one you are talking about! But i also dont know his name! LOL! But he is good
    They need to get shot of Zumo though, his acting is an embarrassment. I always think with actors on fair city, to determine if they are good or not. 1. would they get on the English soaps, and look out of place and 2. Being a fan of fair city, and if i was trying to convert one of my friends, would they roll their eyes at a certain actors performance.

By and large, all the cast are excellent. My favourites being Niamh, Pete, Ray and Leo

1. Zumo
    2. Felix
    3. Avi
    4. Catriona
    5. Adam

Caitriona has actually left so you can remove her from that list. I find Avi a really poor actor as well.. Adam doesn't bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zumobishopreal

alrigh Zumo Bishop here just sayin to da lad who saw me in da dole office fair play its glad to know i am surrounded by my peers an all just set up a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zumo-Bishop/105989562793498 and me twitter is @zumobishop real and Bob if I find you your dead you sap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zumobishopreal

haha maybe I will love maybe I will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

1. Zumo
    2. Felix
    3. Avi
    4. Catriona
    5. Adam

Zumo is excellent. I definitely don't agree there. I think Avi is more eye candy now then anything else.

alrigh Zumo Bishop here just sayin to da lad who saw me in da dole office fair play its glad to know i am surrounded by my peers an all just set up a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zumo-Bishop/105989562793498 and me twitter is @zumobishop real and Bob if I find you your dead you sap!

Ya well Zumo lad?

• Advertisement

Pmsl :D

Say hi to your Gran for me :D:D

The face of Suzanne when Neasa's mother tried to get her a job! Very funny scene. It's a great episode so far.

The face of Suzanne when Neasa's mother tried to get her a job! Very funny scene. It's a great episode so far.

Ditto that! The hen night looks great craic:D

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Ditto that! The hen night looks great craic:D

All it needed was Wayne!

I'm so glad Neasa is more than a pretty face. But I'm nervous for Angel. She might have a serious rival for Mr Barman... :eek:

And Neasa is in Mattie as well! If this is the launch of RTE's new 24-hour Neasa channel, can I just say how much I welcome the new development?

This year, I pay my licence fee.

Great Episode tonight. Looks like Neasa could be a lot of trouble, thought she did well tonight. Damien looks a worried man and so he should be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ah they could have knocked a lot more out of the Carol/Ester story line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

But I'm nervous for Angel. She might have a serious rival for Mr Barman... :eek:

I'd say she can relax now. Neasa and Zumo look good

And Neasa is in Mattie as well! If this is the launch of RTE's new 24-hour Neasa channel, can I just say how much I welcome the new development?

This year, I pay my licence fee.

Next she'll be on the front of the RTE Guide:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Why is Leo so desperate to find a date for the wedding. It's only Pauline who's getting married. Why even bother going.

Enjoyed his scenes with Ray though. What were those women looking for. Three of Carrigstowns finest and they weren't interested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement