Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great episode altogether. Great comedy from Leo and Ray too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

All it needed was Wayne!

I'm so glad Neasa is more than a pretty face. But I'm nervous for Angel. She might have a serious rival for Mr Barman... :eek:

I told you I thought they could hook up :eek: Hands off Neasa... :mad::D

Great episode thought, highlight was Ray and Leo, thought they played a blinder. Great comedy and I laughed several times :D

The hen party thing was ok apart from that one who was getting married who was an awful actress :pac: poor Bob, it doesn't get any easier for him!

The Esther storyline ended too quickly I thought. I loved Carol tonight and I am sorry but I was actually embarrassed when Christy was clapping like a seal in the community centre!!

I loved Damo telling Suzanne about the drugs :D Sneaky!

All in all, I really enjoyed the episode :D

Epicurus wrote: »
    Why is Leo so desperate to find a date for the wedding. It's only Pauline who's getting married. Why even bother going.

Enjoyed his scenes with Ray though. What were those women looking for. Three of Carrigstowns finest and they weren't interested.

Because that is what you do, you go to your friend's weddings.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Just spotted in one of today's papers, lovely Neasa has two lovely sisters who are about to be introduced to the soap.

Neasa's sister Caoimhe will be the sensible girl who want's to be Neasa's opposite and who will regularly clash with her free-spirited sister with the youngest sister Dearbhla caught in the middle.

The new members of the Dillon family certainly look good. Lets hope their acting looks good too!

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Just spotted in one of today's papers, lovely Neasa has two lovely sisters who are about to be introduced to the soap.

Neasa's sister Caoimhe will be the sensible girl who want's to be Neasa's opposite and who will regularly clash with her free-spirited sister with the youngest sister Dearbhla caught in the middle.

The new members of the Dillon family certainly look good. Lets hope their acting looks good too!

She has a younger brother too :) about time we had some younger kids about as Rachel is getting older now :)

• Advertisement

Thursday
    Damien has now decided to quit his job and Leo makes him question what he really wants to do with his life. The ex-painter contemplates doing a night course. However, he still hasn't told Suzanne about quitting but she finds out from Louie, of course. Angry she lashes out, nothing new and heads to the Dillon's house warming without him. When she arrives, Neasa becomes very nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

angel01 wrote: »
    Because that is what you do, you go to your friend's weddings.. :)

But she's his ex wife. She left him when he was at his lowest; in prison accused of Billys murder and let him know of her wanting a divorce on Christmas Day. I know he could still go; but if they were still friends; there wasn't a mention of her contacting Leo around the time Lana was murdered.

Leo should've gone through all of his ex's when looking for this date. Caroline must still be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

This week's previews: http://bit.ly/dtP1Om

In other news, I have come into possession of the Fair City Story Agenda for 2010.
    ITEM ONE
    Torture Bob.

ITEM TWO
    Introduce some attractive new characters. Use them to torture Bob.

ITEM THREE
    Feel-good charity storyline. Can we spin it in a way that tortures Bob?

ITEM FOUR
    Deal with the scourge of homelessness. Perhaps reduce one of out central characters to extreme poverty. But which one? There are so many to choose from.

ITEM FIVE
    I know! Why not Bob?

Epicurus wrote: »
    But she's his ex wife. She left him when he was at his lowest; in prison accused of Billys murder and let him know of her wanting a divorce on Christmas Day. I know he could still go; but if they were still friends; there wasn't a mention of her contacting Leo around the time Lana was murdered.

Leo should've gone through all of his ex's when looking for this date. Caroline must still be interested

Does it really matter though, they have obviously patched it up and to be honest, I have really loved this storyline with Ray. It has brought much needed comedy.

Lots of people go to their ex's weddings, I am sure she is classed now as a friend :)

I love Leo.. I may even accompany him myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I love Zumo and I think the actor who plays him is great. I've heard on very good authority that the actor is the opposite to the character.

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to tomorrow's episode now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

deelite wrote: »
    I love Zumo and I think the actor who plays him is great. I've heard on very good authority that the actor is the opposite to the character.

I certainly hope so

Sunday
    Bob and Esther have a barbed encounter. Tommy and Judith share their fears about Neasa. They realise that Zumo forced them into this situation and force Neasa to call the Deegan and confess. Damien shows his solidarity to a delighted Bob. Suzanne hints that Bob is not welcome in Vinos.

Caoimhe gives out to Neasa for accusing Bob of assault. A malicious Esther confronts Leo publicly about his support of Bob. He accidentally shoulders her. Judith and Tommy persuade Neasa not to leave. Deegan tells Leo to do something about the Bob situation when Esther goes to the guards and threatens to picket Leo's company.

A shocked Deegan learns Neasa will be withdrawing her statement. Leo lets a furious Bob go. Suzanne suggests that Damien should replace him. Neasa withdraws her statement and Judith and Tommy support her. Caoimhe and Neasa reconcile.

Suzanne orders Damien to go and talk to Leo about work. Deegan tells Bob he is in the clear and the Dillons wish to speak to him. Damien learns he is replacing a sacked Bob and that Suzanne was the instigator. He tells her that he is sick of the way she treats and speaks to him. He rejects the offer and tells Leo to give Bob another shot.

Esther and Bob argue in McCoys. Louie throws Bob out. Judith and Tommy follow him. Bob verbally attacks the Dillons for not acting sooner. Bob points out that he lost his job because of them and couldn't even afford a solicitor. He tells Judith that he thought of ending it all, and that he could not take any more pain.

Tuesday
    Tommy arranges to get money for Bob. Suzanne insists to Damien that he get his job back. She downplays the stress to Mark and tries to persuade Mark that Damien did not touch her.

Tommy and Judith give Bob €3k to try and compensate the hurt Neasa caused. Tommy asks Bob to come into business with him selling organic fruit and vegetables. Leo tells Avi and Pete he can't have them working for him unless they are insured. Avi pushes Pete to go legit.

Judith tries to get through to Neasa and tells her that they are all going for dinner with Bob. Damien fails to get his work back from the debt company or Leo. Esther tries to motivate Dolores and Charlie to become more active in the community. Christy accuses Carol of flirting with Avi. Suzanne confides in Louie her frustrations with Damien. Neasa cries to Suzanne about her predicament as they have tea and bond.

Caoimhe tries to put Judith off accompanying her on her first day in the hospital. A shocked Damien arrives home to find Neasa in his kitchen talking to Suzanne. Suzanne is distraught when she learns that Damien can't get his job back. She tells him he is 'useless'.

Esther convinces Charlie to complain to the council about the park. Bob mistakenly flaunts his money in front of Louie. who guesses that the money came from Tommy and Judith. Suzanne interrogates Damien about his idea of going back to college.

Neasa gives Caoimhe grief for ratting on Zak. Judith insists that Neasa goes to the meal with Bob. Louie hires Avi to paint the beer garden. Louie infers to Tommy that Bob told him he got money from the Dillons. Bela urges Suzanne to lighten up. Tommy accuses Bob of spreading word that they bought him off. Neasa is horrified to learn he received money.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

At the last of Sunday's spoilers, :eek: Oh noes!

0003ab46-545.jpg

Welcome the Dillons.

There is a new family in town, and they have barely unpacked before the drama kicks off.

Due to an unfortunate turn of events, Dr Judith Dillon has relocated her family from Kilkenny to Carrigstown. The Dilllons have taken up residence in the old Molloy house, but not before giving the house a major face-lift.
    While Judith and Neasa are already familiar with most of their neighbours, it won't be until tomorrow, Tuesday 7th September, that the good doctor will get the opportunity to introduce the rest of her family.

"Ever since you moved into this family, you've been trouble" - JR to Pam, Dallas.

Tommy Dillon - Husband, father, ex-farmer
    Gregarious, always ready for a party, charismatic, and fiercely protective of his family. A victim of the economy, Tommy will have to adjust to city life.

Caoimhe - Daughter, sister, student
    The second eldest of the Dillon girls, Caoimhe is the most independent. She has a black and white morality about justice in the world, can be scathing about older sister, Neasa's manipulations. And for some reason appears to be less than keen to go back to college!

Dearbhla - Daughter, sister, student
    Dearbhla is the quieter of the sisters, artistic, and the observer of the family dynamics. But it's always the quiet ones you have to watch!

Zak - Son, brother, student
    A farm boy away from the farm, he may initially find it hard to settle in. But with three older sisters ready to pounce, either to mock or advise, he will never be alone.

If the Dillon's had done some background research into family life in Carrigstown, they may have chosen a more positive environment to raise their offspring.

Let's face it; they're not a lucky lot in Carrigstown. There were multiple deaths in the Molloys; Phelans children were incestuous; the Doyles were headed by a philandering father; there was murder in the Halpins, and the Brennans haven't exactly had a rosy existence.

While the rest of us have to live by the old family adage, "can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em", soap families don't have the same limitations. So brace yourself for the tears and tantrums to come for the Dillons.

Eyespy wrote: »
    At the last of Sunday's spoilers, :eek: Oh noes!

I have a terrible feeling that's where the story is heading.

Wednesday
    Damien and Suzanne fight over his joblessness. Bob convinces Tommy and Judith that he is innocent. They believe him. Bob fails to get his job back from Leo. Caoimhe covers to her mother about the hospital. Bob spots worms in the booth of Tommy’s car which he uses for fishing.

Suzanne misreads Louie's compliments to her. Tommy and Bob are encouraged when Suzanne is positive about their organic vegetables. Neasa reveals her upset at the harm she has caused her parents. Pete discovers Avi is working for himself. Suzanne is angered when Damien rejects her advances. Louie teases Carol about fancying Avi.

Louie, provoked by Bob's taunts about his children, gives Tommy an ultimatum to get rid of Bob. He also tells Suzanne to boycott their business. Suzanne and Neasa agree to go out together. Damien has to work her shift in Vinos. Caoimhe confides to Neasa that she has dropped out of college. Louie agrees to go for a drink with Neasa and Suzanne. Carol sells raffle tickets for the community centre.

Louie throws a furious Bob out of The Hungry Pig. Bob takes maggots from Tommy car. Damien and Suzanne argue about her going for drinks with Louie and Neasa.

Bob is contemptuous of Christy, calling him a lackey when he refuses to contemplate buying the produce. Pete asks Avi to give him more time to think about the business. Bob sabotages the Hungry Pig with the maggots. His pocket watch falls out near the fridge.

Thursday
    Suzanne remarks to Louie about the good time she had with him last night. Dean discovers the maggots in the Hungry Pig. Bob enjoys the commotion he caused. Damien tries to warn Suzanne off hanging around with Neasa. Louie finds the pocket watch and the proof of Bob's vengeance.

The health inspector arrives and inspects the premises. Caoimhe feigns illness to avoid going to hospital with Judith. She breaks and admits that she has dropped out of college. Neasa and Caoimhe fight with Judith and Tommy. Pete critics Avi's workmanship. Carol admires his assets. She offers him hours in the bar. Damien demands to know from Neasa what she is playing at. She reminds him that he is the bad guy.

Neasa suggests to Suzanne that Louie might fancy her. Carol offers Avi's handy man skills for an hour for the raffle prize. Esther buys two books. Louie offers Avi a part-time job. He suggests that Tommy should bring Bob and the family for dinner in McCoys pub. Tommy invites Bob to dinner. Suzanne tells Louie she is attracted to him and he rejects her. She is completely humiliated.

Tommy insists that the Dillons publicly back Bob. Esther wins first prize and Zumo wins Avi for an hour! Bob and the Dillons have an awkward drink together. Damien tries to persuade Suzanne not to see Neasa. He thinks that she knows something.

Louie announces to everyone in the pub that Bob sabotaged the Hungry Pig. A wounded Bob insults everyone and insinuates that Neasa is a prostitute. Bob is rejected by the community and told to leave the pub. Bob weeps by McCoys and overhears Damien and Neasa talking about their secret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Missed the 1st 10 mins because hubby was watching the flippin football. He went out though, so i caught the rest of the show!!

LOVE the new dillon daddy!! YUM!! Another bit of eye candy for the ladies!
    Good actor too. Can see him and Leo hitting it off!
    Their house seems enormous! Their voices sound like they are outside!
    Cant see myself warming to the daughter with the black hair. Constant sour puss on her.
    Loved Waynes reaction when Damien told him to go away with his hair products! Love Wayne!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Great entrance by the family. Surfer looking dad, suits him. I think I'm going to like him.

Good story with Neasa & Bob. When will bob's misery end? Zumo is everywhere, hiding in every hedge and bush :D

Loving the new family! Seems Rachel has her eye on the young lad Zak.. maybe she will make TJ jealous :D

Really liking the new family, so nice to see some new faces! I laughed at Esther and Tommy, funny scene. Seems like he will be a great addition. Nice for Leo to have another friend!

Poor Bob :(:(

Think Dearbhla will be a great addition! :DWhy would you bring diet products as a welcome to the area :confused::eek:

Poor Wayne :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

So far I'm liking the Dillons and we've barely seen anything of them yet. I think Dearbhla will be my favourite of the Dillons - I like the sarcastic attitude...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Great entrance by the family.

A bit Les Battersby like, but without the loud card.

I loved that episode, and I thought the introduction of the new family couldn't have gone any better. The other actors seemed to respond well to them too. There's a real feeling of something new in the air.

Every scene was good last night, but my favourite bit was the dialogue about the all-Ireland. We cut to the pub, where Leo is slagging Tommy about Kilkenny hurling. I can't remember how they phrased it, but it would have worked just as well if Kilkenny had won.

That must have been written at least a couple of weeks in advance. Very clever to have it both ways.

Anyway, great intro for the family. I'm really looking forward to getting to know them. Ten years from now we'll be looking at that clip of Tommy and Wayne pushing the car up the street on Reeling in the Years.

Does anybody know the name of the builders who Judith got in to do the work on her house - they've done a great job even increasing it to 4 bedrooms and a games room - and in record time.

Does anybody know the name of the builders who Judith got in to do the work on her house - they've done a great job even increasing it to 4 bedrooms and a games room - and in record time.

That was Pete & Avi :D

I loved that episode, and I thought the introduction of the new family couldn't have gone any better. The other actors seemed to respond well to them too. There's a real feeling of something new in the air.

Every scene was good last night, but my favourite bit was the dialogue about the all-Ireland. We cut to the pub, where Leo is slagging Tommy about Kilkenny hurling. I can't remember how they phrased it, but it would have worked just as well if Kilkenny had won.

That must have been written at least a couple of weeks in advance. Very clever to have it both ways.

Anyway, great intro for the family. I'm really looking forward to getting to know them. Ten years from now we'll be looking at that clip of Tommy and Wayne pushing the car up the street on Reeling in the Years.

I loved how Leo turned around and said we are footballers :D Very well written I thought.

I was really happy with the new family, they all settled in well and they are a really welcome and good addition to the soap. Tommy is a bit of a looker too ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

They only arrived yesterday and they had little to do with the house - no unpacking, organising furniture, television connected etc. I really think in particular Tommy and Judith will be a great addition, will reserve judgement on the rest for a while, but based on Sundays episode Neasa will have to up her game acting wise. I thought she was atrocious, just couldn't take her seriously and the whole hen party scenes contrived. If she wants to "do" drunk she should take acting lessons from Phil Mitchell! As for Zumo, I think he plays his part brilliantly, a lovely actor. Still waiting for those "Explosive" scenes they promised us during the world cup.

I didn't catch their names, but one of them had a Sonic Screwdriver.

rogercar wrote: »
    They only arrived yesterday and they had little to do with the house - no unpacking, organising furniture, television connected etc. I really think in particular Tommy and Judith will be a great addition, will reserve judgement on the rest for a while, but based on Sundays episode Neasa will have to up her game acting wise. I thought she was atrocious, just couldn't take her seriously and the whole hen party scenes contrived. If she wants to "do" drunk she should take acting lessons from Phil Mitchell! As for Zumo, I think he plays his part brilliantly, a lovely actor. Still waiting for those "Explosive" scenes they promised us during the world cup.

I had the impression that Judith was living there a few days before the others joined. Bearing in mind Neasa seemed to already be in the house prior to the others arriving. :)

• Advertisement

Just seen Renee doing a Cash for Gold ad on tv - I want her back to rescue Bob.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement