Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

goo-eyes Delaney. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

It's based around Dr Dillon and her good-looking silver-haired husband. There are three daughters and a son. Neasa we know and love. The dark-haired younger sister is the girl someone posted a picture of a few weeks ago - the actress was going out with Yare, who plays Felix. There is another girl, who I don't recognise but is also very photogenic. I would guess she is in her late teens. Then there's a young lad who looks about twelve. He's wearing a Kilkenny strip.

I don't want to harp on their looks - I presume they can all act - but there is definitely a bit of an eye-candy thing going on. No harm, I suppose. They also genuinely look like a family, so I'd sy they took their time casting them.

The article is a good look behind the scenes. There are forty writers under one head writer, for example. They work out stories using models of the sets, and they seem to be very closely involved in designing them.

The main thing I get from the article is how much effort they are putting into the new family. They've been planning them for 18 months, and they've got a huge new set (presumably the one that's been getting the ambassador's lederhosen in a twist).

It will be the biggest family in the show. It's a big gamble. If it works, they'll pull in new viewers. If it doesn't, it will be a disaster.

PS, there's an article about Bryan Murray in the Home section of the Sunday Times. Yes, I've had a very lazy Sunday. :)

That sounds brilliant, thank you so much Meeja, Sounds like a really good family :) I am not watching FC tonight, will record it tomorrow.

Going to see Hilda Fay in her play tomorrow so will catch up on the Tuesday. really looking forward to it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Maclean Burke and Suzanne(can't remember the actress's name!) played a blinder tonight. It was absolutely fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Its Sarah Flood, not sure if thats her married or maiden name though. She's playing a blinder this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Another great episode tonight. Loved the scene with Damien & Charlie in Damien's garden. Louis calling Damien "An Ass" was excellent. Is that sort of language allowed in RTE? :D:D

I loved the scene with Esther, Pete & Avi with Pete modelling. Lovely mix of drama and comedy tonight. The shows being excellent for the last few weeks and long may it continue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

rogercar wrote: »
    Ya and that is great for the actors concerned. But I just wish that the script writers would write them out, giving a plausable reason as to where they are. It is so annoying when they disappear like that. Wouldn't it be nice occasionally if, for eg. when Louie and Carole dont have lines to speak that one of them would be seen behind the bar or doing floor service. It's not very realistic for a business man or woman to feck off for weeks/months at a time and leave the business to be ran by junior staff, usually played by extras who never utter a word, only nod or shake their heads! :(

Sure all the soaps do it. Stacey has appeared back in Eastenders now. Haven't seen for ages. She was in the Square all the time, but they have just been focusing on other stories.

If they're not on screen, they're just getting on with their lives, with no drama. And who wants to see that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Another great episode tonight. Loved the scene with Damien & Charlie in Damien's garden. Louis calling Damien "An Ass" was excellent. Is that sort of language allowed in RTE? :D:D

I loved the scene with Esther, Pete & Avi with Pete modelling. Lovely mix of drama and comedy tonight. The shows being excellent for the last few weeks and long may it continue.

yea it was awesome! great episode!
    i LOL'd when louie goes "you're an ass" bahahahaha classic

felt really sad though for him when suzanne destroyed the garden.. would make you well up yourself!

yea it was awesome! great episode!
    i LOL'd when louie goes "you're an ass" bahahahaha classic

felt really sad though for him when suzanne destroyed the garden.. would make you well up yourself!

It was an excellent scene in the end with the both of them and Suzanne destroying the garden. I'm really enjoying what their doing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Calling all Leo fans !
    I was at the start of the Annual Across Ireland bike ride yesterday in Dawson St.http://www.annualacrossireland.com/
    A great atmosphere with nearly 1000 motor bikes all lined up ready to go, face painting, music, celebrities etc. Guess who got the most attention- Our Leo. Dozens of people around him looking for photos and autographs. Sean Penn was among the spectators, did anyone pay him any attention, not at all. They were all too busy with Leo. Seems like a really nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Gibson101 wrote: »

I agree. I thought last night's was particularly good. I love the blend of light and dark stories.

The story of Damien and Suzanne's marriage falling apart is horrific. It has an almost dream-like feeling of watching a terrible accident in slow motion. You know what's coming, and it's awful, but there's nothing anyone can do about it. Actually, I didn't see the whole thing. For that scene between Charlie and Damien in the garden, I, er, had something in my eye.

The script was full of lovely touches. I loved Charlotte asking Zumo if he had ever robbed anything, and then telling her own story about her classmate's pen "that she got in Disneyland". The detail of it cracked me up, but it also explains why she stole it. Vivienne is bringing Charlotte up on a nurse's salary, and here her classmate is off on holidays to Disneyland, and bringing the evidence to school. So the poor kid steals the pen to put her in her place, and to symbolically take her holiday away.

I love that kind of writing. Even the character doesn't know why she did it, but we can see the whole story behind it through one detail. Whoever was praising Hilary Reynolds a few pages ago got it dead right. It think she's a terrific writer.

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    Calling all Leo fans !
    I was at the start of the Annual Across Ireland bike ride yesterday in Dawson St.http://www.annualacrossireland.com/
    A great atmosphere with nearly 1000 motor bikes all lined up ready to go, face painting, music, celebrities etc. Guess who got the most attention- Our Leo. Dozens of people around him looking for photos and autographs. Sean Penn was among the spectators, did anyone pay him any attention, not at all. They were all too busy with Leo. Seems like a really nice guy.

I love the idea of Sean Penn wondering who the hell Leo Dowling is.

Or maybe he actually watches the show, as he's been in Ireland for a few weeks now. Hollywood roles in the offing for Suzanne and Damien, if there's any justice.

But not Leo. Sean wouldn't like to be overshadowed. It would be like that Mr Madonna business all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

he's been in Ireland for a few weeks now. Hollywood roles in the offing for Suzanne and Damien, if there's any justice.
    Sean Penn and Frances McDortmand are filming at Kays Restaurant in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre today. We should tell Suzanne and Damien to get themselves out there with dvds of their work on display.

jos28 wrote: »
    Sean Penn and Frances McDortmand are filming at Kays Restaurant in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre today. We should tell Suzanne and Damien to get themselves out there with dvds of their work on display.

Could be the next Mr & Mrs Smith. Talking about Hollywood, has any of the actors done any films?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

My other half is confused about Louis he thought Louis was meant to be a total tool and can't understand why Louis is being so nice at the moment (neither can I).

I thought the Avi, Esther and Pete thing last night was poor I didn't like the acting (I'm no critic btw just my view) I thought it was too "staged".

I don't know why but I was finding Pete very attractive last night (and I'd not been drinking) it was his eye and mouth movement. Strange.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

deelite wrote: »
    My other half is confused about Louis he thought Louis was meant to be a total tool and can't understand why Louis is being so nice at the moment (neither can I).

I thought the Avi, Esther and Pete thing last night was poor I didn't like the acting (I'm no critic btw just my view) I thought it was too "staged".

I don't know why but I was finding Pete very attractive last night (and I'd not been drinking) it was his eye and mouth movement. Strange.

Is it me or did the camera make a funny noise when she was taking the photos. Maybe Ester should get Avi to try and fix it.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Is it me or did the camera make a funny noise when she was taking the photos. Maybe Ester should get Avi to try and fix it.

It did! What was that about?

I think if Esther starts asking Avi to have a peek at her Leica, however, he's going to run a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Is Barry facing competiton from Bob for Viviennes affections. They were looking comfortable last night with Charlotte.

Bob would want to be careful. Zumo is one thing, an angry Barry is another. With that in mind, an interesting choice of game they were playing last night; cluedo.

Will it be Mr. O'Hanlon in the park with the rope or Mr. Bishop in the taxi office with the candlestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

After being rejected by Vivienne, Zumo could turn back to his old ways, and do this job with "Goo Eyes" (great name :D ). Could be interesting.....

Bob must have gotten beaten up very badly as the bruising is still evident. I missed that week of events in Carrigstown!
    Good on Vivienne for kicking Zumo out last night. That chap thinks he can rule the roost!

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Bob must have gotten beaten up very badly as the bruising is still evident. I missed that week of events in Carrigstown!

He got a serious kicking alright. Probably the worst violence in the show since the Billy Meehan days.

• Advertisement

0003a501-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 134

Tuesday 31st August

Deegan finds out Zumo and Wayne are business partners.

Mark steps in to offer Damien advice. Will it fall on deaf ears?

Carol's mayoral arrogance may be short lived, if Esther has anything to do with it.

Dean tries to convince Leo to accept a wedding invitation from an ex.

Louie unwittingly gives Mark an idea to help push Suzanne and Damien together!
    Written by Nick Wilkinson.

0003a502-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 135

Wednesday 1st September

Wayne becomes Zumo's gofer.

Damien and Suzanne get their freedom!

Carol has a fight on her hands.

Bob purposely antagonises Zumo.

Judith talks to Dolores about her concerns for Dolores family.

Esther tries to enlist Niamh to Slimstar.

Charlie is shocked by Esther's nasty side.
    Written by Noel McGee.

0003a503-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 136

Thursday 2nd September

Christy becomes Carols 'spin doctor'.

Damien meets a familiar face in the doctors' surgery.

Wayne caves in to Zumo's demands.

Esther pushes Niamh into revealing her campaign secrets to Carol!

And Carol vows revenge.
    Written by Noel McGee.

0003a504-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 137

Sunday 5th September

Damien warns Suzanne against befriending Neasa.

Niamh becomes suspicious that Esther is cheating her clients.

Carol plays dirty in the mayoral race.

Neasa makes an impression in McCoys

Leo gets a date for the wedding.

And Bob wishes he didn't help a damsel in distress.
    Written by Sian Quill.
    Directed by Simon Gibney.
    Location Director Anita Notaro.

What a competition :eek:

0003a509-545.jpg

21st Birthday Competition - Fair City Set Visit

In association with the RTÉ Guide.

Ever wondered what it would be like to shoot the breeze in McCoys, or to take a stroll down the main street in Carrigstown, or to have a brazen nosey around the Halpins' living room?
    Well, here is your chance!
    To help us celebrate Fair City's 21st Birthday, we are offering five lucky Fair City fans a tour of the studios and lot, as well as the opportunity to meet some of the cast and pocket some Fair City goodies. Each of our lucky winners will be able to bring a friend. The tour will take place on Saturday 2nd of October 2010.
    For your chance to win this money-can't-buy prize, answer this:
    Name four of the original families from the first series of Fair City in 1989?
    As it is our 21st, and this is a popular prize, you will have to do more than just answer one question. You will also have to come up with a birthday limerick for Fair City! If you have the correct answer to the question above and the wittiest, cleverest, most original birthday limerick, you may find yourself a place on our exclusive tour!
    To enter the competition:
    . Send your answers on an email to faircity@rte.ie, or post them to:
    Competition Fair City Set, RTÉ, Donnybrook, Dublin 4.
    . If entering by email, please put 21st Birthday Competition in the subject line; if by mail, mark your envelope, 21st Birthday Competition.
    . Don't forget to tell us your answer, and your limerick.
    . Please include your name, full postal address & contact number.
    . The tour will take place on Saturday 2nd of October 2010.
    Please be sure you are available then, as this date is not transferable.
    The competition is now open and will close at midday Sunday 19th of September 2010. The winner will be revealed here on 22nd of September 2010.
    The Fair City team look forward to receiving your entries!
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    Competition opens at midday on 30/08/10 and closes at midday on 19/09/10.
    Please do not enter outside of the advertised competition window as you will not be included in the draw.
    Entrants must be aged 18 years or older as at date of entry.
    The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative to the prize (either in part of whole).
    Prize is for 5 winners plus a guest per winner and includes a tour of the Fair City studios/set in RTÉ, Donnybrook, Dublin.4 (tour as specified by the promoter and must be taken on date specified, currently scheduled for 02/10/10) the promoter has the right to change desired date of set visit if deemed necessary.
    Winners and guests must make their own way to the Fair City set on the agreed time and date in order to avail of set visit element. There are no guarantees as to what members of the cast may or may not be present on the day of the set visit.
    The winners agree that the winners and their guests may not make any recordings or take any still photographs while on the set or on any other location of Fair City without RTÉ consent. Further, the winners and guests agree that they will not bring any recording equipment including any video record or camera on set, if directed by RTÉ. Any recording or still photographs which the winners or their guests is given permission to record or take may only be used for personal use and may not be published and may not be exploited or used by the winner, the winner's guest or any other person in any manner, including by way of sale to any person, corporation or entity without RTÉ's written consent.
    The winner must not and must ensure that their guest does not disclose, publish or discuss any information obtained either directly or indirectly by the winner as a result of winning and taking the prize including any information relating to the production of Fair City or the cast and crew of Fair City or the business of RTÉ .
    Failure to attend for any reason whatsoever on the dates agreed does not entitle the winner to an alternative prize and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited.
    The promoter reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
    Participation denotes acceptance of all associated competition terms and conditions as listed below.
    RTÉ's decision in relation to selection of winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

OK, let's get this moving.

"There was an ould fella called Bela...."

(Chews pen for twenty minutes, swears, throws pen at cat, turns on Magnum PI.)

angel01 wrote: »
    The winner must not and must ensure that their guest does not disclose, publish or discuss any information obtained either directly or indirectly by the winner as a result of winning and taking the prize. The winner must not and must ensure that their guest does not stand next to Neasa sighing loudly from the depths of their heart, or jokingly attempt to polish Paul Brennan's head with a window-cleaner's chamois, or follow Louie Gleeson home and set up a tent in his garden. Locks of John Deegan's hair will not be available for distribution or resale, and neither the winner nor the winner's guest may give Charlie "a good smack" or tell him to pick one accent and stick to it. Correspondence will not be entered into.

Some of those rules are surprisingly detailed. We'd want to be careful if any of us win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

A picture of the Dillon family

0003a39b-314.jpg

'Fair City' has just welcomed a new family to Carrigstown, with the Dillons set to make a big impact on the community.

Viewers have already met doctor Judith Dillon, played by Catherine Byrne, and her daughter Neasa, played by Aoibhin Garrihy, but now the whole Dillon family is coming to Carrigstown.
    Next week we'll also meet Judith's hubsand Tommy (played by Geoff Minogue), their other daughters Caoimhe (Aoibheann McCaul) and Dearbhla (Kerrie O'Sullivan) and son Zak (Kevin Joyce).
    Speaking to RTÉ TEN, actress Catherine Byrne said of being joined by her new family members on set: "I've been in it for a couple of months without my family so I'm really thrilled."
    "It makes a huge difference because if you're on your own it's very solitary."
    "Everyone's been here for years and you're the outsider but now we're a gang to be reckoned with."
    Actor Geoff Minogue agreed, saying: "We have the advantage of coming in as a gang from day one."
    'Fair City' star Sarah Flood, who plays Suzanne in the show, said of the impending arrivals: "That's great. It's really, really good."
    "It's nice to have a new family as well because usually just one or two new characters would come in... so it's really good."
    Maclean Burke, who plays her on-screen husband Damien in the show, said: "It's really exciting."
    The Dillon family will make their first appearance in 'Fair City' on 7 September.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0830/faircity.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Some of those rules are surprisingly detailed. We'd want to be careful if any of us win.

:D hahaha brilliant. I wish it had really said that.

OK, let's get this moving.

"There was an ould fella called Bela...."

(Chews pen for twenty minutes, swears, throws pen at cat, turns on Magnum PI.)

Line 2
    ''Who wanted to be Cinderella''

Sorry thats all i could think of!:D

Epicurus wrote: »
    A picture of the Dillon family

0003a39b-314.jpg

'Fair City' has just welcomed a new family to Carrigstown, with the Dillons set to make a big impact on the community.

Viewers have already met doctor Judith Dillon, played by Catherine Byrne, and her daughter Neasa, played by Aoibhin Garrihy, but now the whole Dillon family is coming to Carrigstown.
    Next week we'll also meet Judith's hubsand Tommy (played by Geoff Minogue), their other daughters Caoimhe (Aoibheann McCaul) and Dearbhla (Kerrie O'Sullivan) and son Zak (Kevin Joyce).
    Speaking to RTÉ TEN, actress Catherine Byrne said of being joined by her new family members on set: "I've been in it for a couple of months without my family so I'm really thrilled."
    "It makes a huge difference because if you're on your own it's very solitary."
    "Everyone's been here for years and you're the outsider but now we're a gang to be reckoned with."
    Actor Geoff Minogue agreed, saying: "We have the advantage of coming in as a gang from day one."
    'Fair City' star Sarah Flood, who plays Suzanne in the show, said of the impending arrivals: "That's great. It's really, really good."
    "It's nice to have a new family as well because usually just one or two new characters would come in... so it's really good."
    Maclean Burke, who plays her on-screen husband Damien in the show, said: "It's really exciting."
    The Dillon family will make their first appearance in 'Fair City' on 7 September.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0830/faircity.html

Looks really exciting. Their a very good looking family.

Another picture of them :)

TheDillonsFairCity.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

angel01 wrote: »
    Another picture of them :)

TheDillonsFairCity.jpg

Sigh... Would've been great if they got someone with halfway decent Irish to translate Carrigstown there - it should say Baile an Charraig...

Although sexy young females = :D

Drools...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement