Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Melion wrote: »
    20 quid gets me from Limerick to Shannon and back again, and its only a 318 :(

ouch! 20 quid gets me 100 miles in my passat, and thats with rubbish mpg atm!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Get the bus or sell the thirsty sonofabitch.

Trying my best to sell it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

Go for the scrappage scheme???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

154.9 for unleaded and 151.9 for diesel at the Topaz on the left hand side of the Regional hospital.

Shocking prices and still people are filling at the pumps.

Kess73 wrote: »
    154.9 for unleaded and 151.9 for diesel at the Topaz on the left hand side of the Regional hospital.

Shocking prices and still people are filling at the pumps.

I can never understand why people use that station.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I can never understand why people use that station.

TBH I'm surprised he's not up to the 160 mark as he is usually about 10 cent more than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Bloody topaz, the place in thomondgate used be the cheapest by miles, now its the same as everywhere else. Come on tesco move your ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Is that all? I'm sure Texaco out the road to Patrickswell is above 157 for petrol, would be surprised if we didn't see 160 in Raheen soon.

O'Rourkes Cross and Newmarket are getting all my petrol money these days.. (no, I don't drive there to save a few cent, I just fill it to the brim whenever I pass)

langdang wrote: »
    Is that all? I'm sure Texaco out the road to Patrickswell is above 157 for petrol, would be surprised if we didn't see 160 in Raheen soon.

O'Rourkes Cross and Newmarket are getting all my petrol money these days.. (no, I don't drive there to save a few cent, I just fill it to the brim whenever I pass)

Could be wrong but I thought that the texaco and Maxol were both 151.9 for unleaded.

Snap on getting petrol at Rourkes cross. I tend to get it there or in NCW when I am passing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Gerard93

Passed yesterday is it the Emo station near the absolute hotel saw Diesel at €1.40 about 4/5c cheaper than any of the others.

• Advertisement

Kess - I could have been hallucinating again, will have to check

Kess - I could have been hallucinating again, will have to check

I could just as easily have misread their sign and you could be right.

Generally the Maxol and Texaco are pretty much the same price, with the Topaz beside the Regional always being out ahead of the rest in terms of greedy pricing.

One thing that is for sure, it shows how bad prices have become when people are calling 147.9 or similar a cheap price for unleaded.

A poorly thought out tax system on petrol/diesel coupled with some fuel station companies/owners being nothing more than greedy chancers means that joe public is the only loser.

Ah well we could always use the excellent public transports system that this country has or Electric cars instead. Great that we have so many viable alternatives in terms of transport....oh wait we don't.:mad:

Ah well we could always use the excellent public transports system that this country has or Electric cars instead. Great that we have so many viable alternatives in terms of transport
    OK, I feel better now that we've established who's hallucinating ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Should get a sign and stick it close by those stations to shop around for the best petrol and diesel prices. I cant understand for the life of me people filling up in any of the three stations in Raheen/Dooradoyle and I live in Raheen.

Get my diesel in Texaco in Roxboro or the Amber station on old cork road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

How much is this place lately? Probably be passing during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Rourkes Cross 146.9 yesterday for petrol

and 141.9 for Diesel, the price of fuel in Cork is crazy was down there today and nearly pushed my car back O'Rourkes to get it cheaper.

phog wrote: »
    and 141.9 for Diesel, the price of fuel in Cork is crazy was down there today and nearly pushed my car back O'Rourkes to get it cheaper.
    Times are tough haha! There's cheap places in cork too, try applegreens ballincollig if you're nearby, or Browns on the innniscara side of ballincollig. Both usually cheaper than the average bear.
    When I mentioned Rourkes cross earlier I meant to say NCW rather than Newmarket. T'would want to be some cheap petrol before I 'd go to Newmarket!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Rourkes Cross 146.9 yesterday for petrol

Cheapest I've seen around and yet a year ago that price would've given me a heart attack

1.34 sterling here in north london 2day, bout 1.60yoyo. I know its not limerick, but for comparison. 95octane petrol was about 1.58 in portugal recently, and the average wage there is a lot less!

• Advertisement

Times are tough haha! There's cheap places in cork too, try applegreens ballincollig if you're nearby, or Browns on the innniscara side of ballincollig. Both usually cheaper than the average bear.
    When I mentioned Rourkes cross earlier I meant to say NCW rather than Newmarket. T'would want to be some cheap petrol before I 'd go to Newmarket!!!

The O'Rourkes Cross that I mentioned in the one near Bruree on the N20.

yes, im just confusing everyone now - earlier i said rourkes x and newmarket stations were getting my money, meant to say rourkes x and NCW,.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I think I may have been stuck behind you on the way out of Shannon last night. Is it red? Is your exhaust bouncing up and down? and is she burning oil?

If so it's a beautiful 318, but I'd get rid of it if I were you!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

In cork the amber station in mayfield and o Callaghans garage on the north ring road the cheapest around

I think I may have been stuck behind you on the way out of Shannon last night. Is it red? Is your exhaust bouncing up and down? and is she burning oil?

If so it's a beautiful 318, but I'd get rid of it if I were you!

Its red but nope, not mine. At least i hope not, mine is parked at Kincora for the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Its red but nope, not mine. At least i hope not, mine is parked at Kincora for the last week.

DL reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

DL reg?

Check out his sig...

DL reg?

CE

Petrol was 145.9 near Supermacs on the Ennis Rd last night.

Diesel was 140.9 near Baal's Bridge.

• Advertisement

I was in Tesco's (Coonagh Cross) the other night and saw that they have reduced the size of their car park and seem to have started the construction of their petrol station.

Off topic - this was about 23:00hrs and the place was thronged, also, the layout of the carpark entrance and exit seemed to be poorly signposted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement