Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah that aint bad at all! yeah I am concerned if the diesel there would do damage to the car, if its safe, its probably worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

leakyboots wrote: »
    I was more concerned about bad diesel damaging the car, was just curious as to other people's experiences.
    I was using it for the last year or so, but won't again after having to rescue the missus from fúcking Naas and replace the air mass meter on my Octavia 1.9 TDi (over €100). :mad:

Of course, I can't be 100% certain it was down to dirty diesel from City Fuels, but I won't be buying there no more. My mechanic just laughed and rolled his eyes when I told him! Said he reckons it's half-recycled ****e from up North...

Filled up at Clare St. Emo the other day and diesel was 137.9, I'll be interested to see if Tesco is any cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

phill106 wrote: »
    anyone see the diesel prices there yet?
    If not, ill check on way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yeah just filled up in the Tesco... Seems the Great Gas on the Ennis Road (where o'maras used to be) is the same price at €146.9/L

Also love the way that it's 1 clubcard point for every €2 spent, though the "pay at the pump function" is handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Esso at Singland Motors on the Dublin Road and Maxol at the opposite side were 137.9 for diesel and 146.9 for petrol yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

Tesco coonagh € 144.9 today.... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

hogflem wrote: »
    Tesco coonagh € 144.9 today.... :)

Thats more like it :)

Very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Must've copped on, the station was dead when i was there yesterday.

• Advertisement

Total opposite when i was there yesterday afternoon, there were 7-8 cars there

Diesel was 136.9 in Tesco this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Melion wrote: »
    Diesel was 136.9 in Tesco this evening

Savage, thought 139 was a bit steep alright yesterday!

The topaz stations on the dock road are 149.9... Talk about not even trying to compete with tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,720 ✭✭✭✭phog

Diesel in Tesco is 136.9, it's 137.9 at EMO on the Dublin rd and 139.9 in the station near Supermacs on the Ennis Rd and the Topaz near Eniis Rd Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The topaz stations on the dock road are 149.9... Talk about not even trying to compete with tesco!

Actually they are trying to make it look like they are competing. The little cluster of stations on the dock road and Dooradoyle all managed to drop price by a few cent just before the Tesco station opened.

It, as always, is still the most expensive cluster in the Limerick area though with the Topaz beside the hospital out in front as usual at 154.9 for unleaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Kess73 wrote: »
    It, as always, is still the most expensive cluster in the Limerick area though with the Topaz beside the hospital out in front as usual at 154.9 for unleaded.
    I walked through there recently - Fuel cards not accepted, so that rules out people there getting a better price than shown on the sign.

So that leaves us with the unobservant people, the more money than sense people, and people not paying for their own petrol costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ewob

I'm almost sure Diesel was €135.9 in Tesco Coonagh Cross this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ewob

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Coonagh still €144.9 & a lovely mannered young man on forecourt to help explain the system of paying and collecting points....Very nice to see. & also in the kiosk the staff were nice, polite & friendly.....My custom will go there each week from now on.....Very impressed I was.:)

• Advertisement

littlemis wrote: »
    a lovely mannered young man on forecourt to help explain the system of paying and collecting points....Very nice to see. & also in the kiosk the staff were nice, polite & friendly

Yes I have to say their manners were second to none, and all were very helpful... Though on the issue of collecting points it read my clubcard fine but on the receipt it said I "earned 0 points this transaction" I hope thats just a glitch as i spent almost €40 filling my little cars tank

Yes I have to say their manners were second to none, and all were very helpful... Though on the issue of collecting points it read my clubcard fine but on the receipt it said I "earned 0 points this transaction" I hope thats just a glitch as i spent almost €40 filling my little cars tank

Well I just checked my receipt,I got €50.02 and a few items bringing total to €53 .25cent and got 28 points mind you it said qualifying spend euro3.23 dont know what all that's about,but will keep a check on receipt....Best to enquire next time and thanks for the info...:)

littlemis wrote: »
    Well I just checked my receipt,I got €50.02 and a few items bringing total to €53 .25cent and got 28 points mind you it said qualifying spend euro3.23 dont know what all that's about,but will keep a check on receipt....Best to enquire next time and thanks for the info...:)

I do know that for the petrol they give 1 clucbcard point for every €2 spent (there are signs up that say this) so €50.02 on fuel = 25 points and €3.23 on other products = 3 points! 28 points on you receipt therefore makes sense!

I do know that for the petrol they give 1 clucbcard point for every €2 spent (there are signs up that say this) so €50.02 on fuel = 25 points and €3.23 on other products = 3 points! 28 points on you receipt therefore makes sense!

If I had brains working today,I could be dangerous...and I can't even say I am having a blond moment, like they say these days but I most definately am having a brunette one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Topaz across from Coonagh 146 today for Petrol...I see what they did there... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

tesco 144.9 petrol and 136.9 for diesel,,great customer service and bonus club points also,,i know where to go from now on....

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Shelbourne garage on ennis rd now have their petrol at €144.9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Also got some diesel there in coonagh, only 2 bad things I can see about it.

1. The price sign. Stick it on the flipping roof or something so we can see it from the road!
    2. Instead of having staff outside telling us to push the button to pick to pay at kiosk or by card at the pump, how about a nice big sign/sticker saying the same thing?

On a side note, i saw the right lane was closed, looked very tight to get in there. Wouldn't fancy a jeep/suv on that side!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Shelbourne garage on ennis rd now have their petrol at €144.9

never heard of that one, wheres that? Premier SS or Great Gas or Topaz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

kilburn wrote: »
    never heard of that one, wheres that? Premier SS or Great Gas or Topaz?

Premier i always called is shelbourne anyway diesel is €136.9? not 100% sure Can't rem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement