Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

amber on the Killmallock rd is 140.7, Texaco? next to supermac, roxboro 144.9, station opp garda stn in roxboro 142.9 and petrol stn in ballyneety 146.9:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Topaz Thomondgate 143.9 topaz 1st one on dock road 145.9, Petrol will be going up 5c this weekend by Monday so fill up to the brim folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

angeldaisy wrote: »
    amber on the Killmallock rd is 140.7, Texaco? next to supermac, roxboro 144.9, station opp garda stn in roxboro 142.9 and petrol stn in ballyneety 146.9:eek:

Something's the wrong way around in there; it's Texaco that's opposite the Garda station and the one beside Supermac's is Topaz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

1.37 out in rourke's cross a week or so ago is the cheapest i've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Rourkes cross and beechinors kilmallock 139 today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

So in the last day or two
    Chalkes - 145 petrol, 138 diesel
    Topazezzez on dock road - about 146 petrol
    Maxol raheen about 146 or 147

*toot ti toot fanfare*
    Topaz hospital = 149. I'm pretty sure they must be sponsored/run by the HSE or VHI or some other organ of the state*
    *may or may not be true. regulated by the financial regulator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Rourkes cross and beechinors kilmallock 139 today
    Which one is beechinors? the "xpress stop" place is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mon night amber was 133.9 for diesel and last night it had gone up 134.9

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The filling station at Rourkes Cross on the Cork road was 139.9 for unleaded yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,935 ✭✭✭✭phog

Dragging this post up again as it seems to be needed now more than ever :mad:

Fairgreen filling station has petrol at 147.9 and diesel at 141.9.

Anywhere cheaper?

• Advertisement

Amber is cheaper for Diesel - at least it was on Saturday (i knew I should have filled up with more than i did)

Just saw on pumps - esso in dublin is charging 159 for petrol

Anyone know the prices out at the station on newport road?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

the top station in clarina is doing petrol at 146.9 and diesel at 141.9

The petrol station on Clare St, near Baal's bridge is 146.9 for Petrol and 139.9 for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Great Gas next to the Gaelic Grounds was 146.9 for unleaded yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

anyone use that diesel place opposite the A1 bar on clare street? The one with all the hulabaloo when it opened as it had tanks above ground and violated some planning laws.
    At the time, i didn't use it at al, but it has been open so long, i figure if it is bad, they would have been closed down by now.
    They have diesel at 133.9

Want to chance it Phil and let us know how you get on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

These petrol price hikes are being blamed on the unrest in Libya, it will be interesting to see if the price goes down once the situation stabilises!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Want to chance it Phil and let us know how you get on ;)

I used it x2 so far, car hasn't blown up yet!
    Ran the same as any other diesel. Every day i see taxis filling up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I have used diesel there the last couple of weeks and car is fine. they dont take laser or visa its just cashhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The only problem I had with that City Diesel place was one of the pumps (on the left at the office side as you are facing the office) had a faulty over-fill sensor so while I was away in dreamland I managed to lose about half a litre of diesel. I said it to yer' man in the office when I was paying so hopefully he has it fixed.

Also they have a scheme where if you buy 1000litres of diesel you get €50 back (or €50 off your next fill up). Ask for a card next time and when you fill up the attendant writes down the money spent, the amount of litres and the date. It would take about 25 fill ups to claim it but if you're doing a lot of driving it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭shano_88

145.9 in newport. AFAIK its 145.9 for petrol on the newport road aswell.

The only problem I had with that City Diesel place was one of the pumps (on the left at the office side as you are facing the office) had a faulty over-fill sensor so while I was away in dreamland I managed to lose about half a litre of diesel. I said it to yer' man in the office when I was paying so hopefully he has it fixed.

Also they have a scheme where if you buy 1000litres of diesel you get €50 back (or €50 off your next fill up). Ask for a card next time and when you fill up the attendant writes down the money spent, the amount of litres and the date. It would take about 25 fill ups to claim it but if you're doing a lot of driving it's worth it.
    One of the pumps now has a hose but no nozzle on the left side as you came in, looks like a pump service is in order!

shano_88 wrote: »
    145.9 in newport. AFAIK its 145.9 for petrol on the newport road aswell.

Is that 145.9 for Diesel and Petrol in the same place or the price of petrol in two different stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭shano_88

phog wrote: »
    Is that 145.9 for Diesel and Petrol in the same place or the price of petrol in two different stations?

Petrol in two different stations.

€76 to fill the car the other day. My most expensive fill-up yet.

I'm fed up with this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I put 20 quid in the car the other day and after 80 miles the warning light came on. FFS. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

40 notes gets me 150 miles.....im considering switching to 2 wheels soon...

I recently changed to diesel and based on the current price difference between petrol and diesel I'll save almost €1,000 each year when I include the cheaper road tax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

20 quid gets me from Limerick to Shannon and back again, and its only a 318 :(

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    20 quid gets me from Limerick to Shannon and back again, and its only a 318 :(

Get the bus or sell the thirsty sonofabitch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement