Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

hdowney wrote: »
    Another question. If I actually cancel a fight - rather than just no showing - and I have booked seats/priority boarding/baggage, what are the chances of a refund of any kind, like even on the extras (doubt I'd get owt off the flight itself)?

None whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭deezell

joeysoap wrote: »
    Just as bad 'go to gate' on screen when you check for departure....... you go to gate and ........ there's not a sign of an aircraft there.

I usually check flight tracker to see where my incoming flight is, if it's late then relax, not going to miss it if I'm at the airport before it leaves. A warning however, almost missed a return from Schipol Amsterdam last May despite being in the Airport before the plane left Dublin. Horrendous security scan Q was bad enough, but passport control was 50 mins plus, Q starting as you put back on your watch etc. from the previous scan. I blagged my way past as last boarding time on the card was minutes away. Late Ryanair flight was still in the air but they didn't know that. Unfortunately Ryanair uses the third world terminal in Schipol, which melted down with the numbers this summer. Aer lingus worth the difference, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

and the sh1te about not having enough space for the carryon, I think I'm finally at the stage where the savings with these herders just aren't worth it.

Do you really think there is space in the overhead lockers for 189 carryon bags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Hi, I booked flights for my partner and I but put his name down as Tony and not Anthony, which it states on his passport. Is it 100euro to change it? Could he get a Department of Social Protection card with Tony on it and use that as ID?

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

You can make minor changes for free within 24 hours of booking the flight. If it is more than 24 hours then Im not sure but you could appeal totheir better nature;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair megathread

clevtrev wrote: »
    You can make minor changes for free within 24 hours of booking the flight. If it is more than 24 hours then Im not sure but you could appeal totheir better nature;)

How do I appeal? There is no phone number :( so annoyed at myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

How do I appeal? There is no phone number :( so annoyed at myself

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Flight-Changes-And-Refunds#0-11

details of change rules and also link to live chat

• Advertisement

Thanks Fred, just saw your message. I contacted them via live web chat and explained the situation. They changed it free of charge and sent me a new itinerary with his name changed.

Won't be making that mistake again. Person I chatted with was very helpful. All ended well, pleased to say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Twice had to make changes (one for horribly misspelling a second name, one for booking the early instead of the late flight). Granted noticed both straight away, got them changed without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Do you really think there is space in the overhead lockers for 189 carryon bags?

If anyone absolutely needs to take a bag on board they should book priority, but I think the poster was more concerned about the possibility of having to pay for an oversize bag.

Was really impressed with the live chat. I know someone looking for work that has customer experience. Anyone know how you could get in touch to send a CV?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was really impressed with the live chat. I know someone looking for work that has customer experience. Anyone know how you could get in touch to send a CV?

https://careers.ryanair.com/on-the-ground/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭deezell

Which one is that?

Terminal 3 of course! Actually called departures 3 as all areas in Schipol can be reached on foot. This is like where the previous poster mentioned being jammed on a stairwell leading to a seatless room about 9 metres square where all the passengers have to stand looking out at a space where the plane should be. It's not RA's fault that the Qs were horrendous, happened elsewhere a lot this summer, but when you finally make it through to this depressing space and have to stand for maybe another 40 mins before boarding, it really does feel 3rd world whereas waiting outside the air lingus gate you can sit, have a beer, charge your phone etc. until called to board.

https://careers.ryanair.com/on-the-ground/

Doesn't seem to be anything there at the moment for online support but will pass the link on. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Online support surely must be outsourced. Terrible spelling, grammar and often robotic answers. Dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tuttut2202

Hi I booked flights with Ryanair back in Feb for flights in sept . The funds where taken out of my account . But there's no record of flights with Ryanair and I can't find the email . What's the legal situation with this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Cocobongo

Did you ever receive the confirmation email? Try use their live chat support on the website, guys on the other sidr are normally very helpful

• Advertisement

Cocobongo wrote: »
    Did you ever receive the confirmation email? Try use their live chat support on the website, guys on the other sidr are normally very helpful

Yes I've done that but they can't find anything and u can't remember if I got an email

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

would you have used your partners email or a secondary email account?

strage you cannot find the email .when you say the funds are gone - can you see ryanair in your statement? could it be aerlingus or another carrier? that might explain why the email search is coming up blank?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

On your credit card statement you should be able to see the booking reference number, if you contact them with that they can check the email address you entered on the booking, maybe you entered it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone having trouble opening the Ryanair website?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

YFlyer wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble opening the Ryanair website?

Working ok for me.

Cocobongo wrote: »

Yeah it's Defo Ryanair on Bk statement

Online support surely must be outsourced. Terrible spelling, grammar and often robotic answers. Dreadful.

Maybe I just got lucky then.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anybody know what the situation is with multiple boarding passes on one phone? The ryanair says it is possible but what are the practicalities? For the flight over i can just print out the 6 boarding passes but i cant do that for the flight back. I can forsee difficulties trying to show 6 boarding passes on one phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anybody know what the situation is with multiple boarding passes on one phone? The ryanair says it is possible but what are the practicalities? For the flight over i can just print out the 6 boarding passes but i cant do that for the flight back. I can forsee difficulties trying to show 6 boarding passes on one phone.

I've done it with two - just scanned each one and they let us both through.

You could pass the phone from one to the next, can't see there being a problem.

The ground staff won't care if they're on one phone or six, or whose phone it is, as long as six separate passes are scanned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Assuming you're all together, get the lead person to hand them the phone and tell them there's 6 people's cards on the phone. They will do the flicking and checking and hand the phone back. That's what we do and it hasn't been a problem so far.

However, I usually ensure that the cards are on 2 phones, just to be sure. You can take screenshots too - but maybe that's just my paranoia :pac:

Advertisement