Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Not sure how that is a scam, you are paying the fee to change plusnew price for a ticket. It has always been the case that doing this will be generally be more expensive than booking another seat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭deezell

Not sure how that is a scam, you are paying the fee to change plusnew price for a ticket. It has always been the case that doing this will be generally be more expensive than booking another seat

Read it again. The new ticket was €76 on their website, but a higher price on the MANAGE BOOKING interface, at €116, meaning the system looked for the €60 Change fee and an artificial ticket price difference of €32 over my original ticket which cost €84

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Two years ago I had tickets for Man U vs Man C. Match date changed very late. (Due to Barca result) I phoned them and offered them back 3 seats on a Saturday morning flight to Manchester. Liverpool were playing at home that Saturday and all flights were now full. Nothing doing - wouldn't take the seats back even for half price. So I booked new flights for Monday (cheaper than changing) and checked in online for the Saturday flights anyway. If they wouldn't take the seats back, then they were mine to do with as I liked, so I like to think they couldn't resell them. Free money for them admittedly.

Don't they add a new booking fee to the change fee?

joeysoap wrote: »
    Don't they add a new booking fee to the change fee?

I previously changed flight when the new date was dearer, so paid the legit price difference then, plus fee. No problem with that or the change fee. This is the first time I've had a cheaper flight price, by their rules I don't get a difference refund, faur enough, but why is change interface price higher than web price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

deezell wrote: »
    I previously changed flight when the new date was dearer, so paid the legit price difference then, plus fee. No problem with that or the change fee. This is the first time I've had a cheaper flight price, by their rules I don't get a difference refund, faur enough, but why is change interface price higher than web price.

Is it just one seat you're changing?
    Slight chance if you're checking the new price for just one seat, but actually changing multiple seats, that there might have been only one seat available at the lower price.

MOH wrote: »
    Is it just one seat you're changing?
    Slight chance if you're checking the new price for just one seat, but actually changing multiple seats, that there might have been only one seat available at the lower price.

No, two seats, both now booked at the lower price.

No, two seats, both now booked at the lower price.

Manage booking screen grab

Website screen grab

Manage booking screen grab

Yeah, that looks dodgy alright!

• Advertisement

joeysoap wrote: »
    Two years ago....I phoned them and offered them back 3 seats on a Saturday morning flight......Nothing doing - wouldn't take the seats back even for half price. So I booked new flights for Monday (cheaper than changing) and checked in online for the Saturday flights anyway. If they wouldn't take the seats back, then they were mine to do with as I liked, so I like to think they couldn't resell them. Free money for them admittedly.
    The shocking thing is they deliberately overbook full flights, all airlines do, on the gamble that a statistical percentage always miss the flight. If by chance everyone turns up they pay off someone to get the next flight, or beat the crap out of you and drag you off as in the US recently. It's sickening to think they may have resold your 3 seats on that full flight knowing you tried to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The shocking thing is they deliberately overbook full flights, all airlines do, on the gamble that a statistical percentage always miss the flight. If by chance everyone turns up they pay off someone to get the next flight, or beat the crap out of you and drag you off as in the US recently. It's sickening to think they may have resold your 3 seats on that full flight knowing you tried to change.

Ryanair dont overbook. they are one of the few (if not the only one) in europe who dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Come on - has this ever happened on a Ryanair flight...??

They're not my favourite ariline, but at least be fair.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Actually they don't.

You're talking drivel at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ryanair dont overbook. they are one of the few (if not the only one) in europe who dont.
    Actually they don't.

You're talking drivel at this stage.

Evidence has been provided that they do, and quite significantly so, on certain routes. Load sheets showing approaching 200 PNRs on a 189 seat aircraft.

Their "not overbooking" has entered Irish mythology, like the idea that they're always cheapest.

I didn't think they overbooked either, but admit I have bougth into the perception.

Even if they didn't overbook, but do sell a very high% of seats, how do they accommodate 'businesss' class customers (:))who want to change flights at (very) short notice?

I know they are not always cheaper than AL because I have found cheaper AL seats in the past. I think most travellers are aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

L1011 wrote: »
    Evidence has been provided that they do, and quite significantly so, on certain routes. Load sheets showing approaching 200 PNRs on a 189 seat aircraft.

Their "not overbooking" has entered Irish mythology, like the idea that they're always cheapest.

Fair enough. I don't think there's any evidence of them dragging people off planes though. (Yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So can I check. If I want to change my flights, and the new flights are cheaper than the previous ones, I just pay the 60 per person change fee and nothing else?? Does this also transfer extras I booked such as baggage, seats, priority boarding etc? Also can it be done on the internet and if so how? Thanks

hdowney wrote: »
    So can I check. If I want to change my flights, and the new flights are cheaper than the previous ones, I just pay the 60 per person change fee and nothing else?? Does this also transfer extras I booked such as baggage, seats, priority boarding etc? Also can it be done on the internet and if so how? Thanks

I don't think it transfers the extras, but I've never done it, not sure.
    You can do it through the "My Bookings" section on the website.

You *should* only pay the change fee, but see deezell's posts above - when they went to change the booking the new flight's price was showing up at an inflated higher price. That may have just been a glitch, but double check the price the new flights are showing as before you go through with it.
    (and also you may have to book extras like priority boarding again).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

Has anyone noticed that the table trays on the new planes with the new slim-lined seat design are slanted and unless you position a cup in the sunken section it will slide off the table. I have to assume it was designed that way on purpose but for the life of me I cant figure out what the reason for that might be. I would love to know what would happen if you placed a hot meal on it and it slit on to your lap.

Fair enough. I don't think there's any evidence of them dragging people off planes though. (Yet).

You csn apologise now so

If you think you are going to be on an overbooked flight ( any airline) check in and get allocated a seat. If you have that they will have to make you an offer of some sort. I was half-heartedly offfdred €200 in Faro a few years ago, had checked in but was dropping off a bag. When I half- heartedly asked was that it, the young lady dropped it.

Heads up for anybody looking for a flight back from Faro before the schools reopen after the October holidays

AL currently have a flight for €111 ( wasn't there yesterday) that's at least €90 cheaper than RY. This won't last. Better time too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

These deals aren't uncommon as flight frequencies lighten off coming into the winter season.

Flew over and back to UK last week with ryanair

Gates announced in each case after the advertised gate closure time. Both flights delayed due to arriving flight being delayed.

Is this the new normal? Added to them packing you in to the stairwells for twenty minutes before releasing you out on to the plane and the sh1te about not having enough space for the carryon, I think I'm finally at the stage where the savings with these herders just aren't worth it.

Flew over and back to UK last week with ryanair

Gates announced in each case after the advertised gate closure time. Both flights delayed due to arriving flight being delayed.

Is this the new normal? Added to them packing you in to the stairwells for twenty minutes before releasing you out on to the plane and the sh1te about not having enough space for the carryon, I think I'm finally at the stage where the savings with these herders just aren't worth it.

Just as bad 'go to gate' on screen when you check for departure....... you go to gate and ........ there's not a sign of an aircraft there.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    These deals aren't uncommon as flight frequencies lighten off coming into the winter season.

Schools reopen on Monday 6th November - very hard for families to find decent fares at that time

Ryanair cheapest ( mad o'clock departure)
    Direct
    (2 hr 55 mins)
    06:55

09:50
    Faro
    Dublin
    FR 7035
    Standard fare € 200.99

Al

Departure10:50
    FAO
    Duration 3h00m
    Arrival13:50
    DUB
    Flight Number
    EI 2491
    Operated by Aer Lingus
    Economy Low
    €111.99
    Economy Plus
    €164.99
    Economy Flex
    €199.99

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Again, end of season, flight schedules being reduced alot, some very low fares can be found, however in my experience an outbound flight could be in excess of €200 and the return could be €30!

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the thread anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Another question. If I actually cancel a fight - rather than just no showing - and I have booked seats/priority boarding/baggage, what are the chances of a refund of any kind, like even on the extras (doubt I'd get owt off the flight itself)?

Advertisement