Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Took off 30 minutes late, not because of swooping seats though. Arrived at the airport just after three yesterday and it was like Grafton Street on Christmas Eve. Terminal 1 was teeming, but security was pretty efficient.

We boarded pretty much on time but still took off 30 mins late, arrived 15 mins late. Noticed that the AL flight which was due 40 mins after us arrived roughly on time.

The cabin crew repeatedly called out that everyone had an allocated seat and to take take that seat for 'balance' reasons during boarding.

Fwiw the aircraft was filthy inside, broken biscuits and crisps on the floor, and (something I haven't seen before) bluebottle flies. And that was on boarding.

It was EI- EVY.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I picked up that Ryanair are internally reserving the window and aisle seats and giving folk who check in early for a free allocated seat, the middle ones. So if you don't mind being split up and prefer not to have a middle seat, check in late!

That doesn't always work though I check in five hours before a flight 10 days ago and got the middle seat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That doesn't always work though I check in five hours before a flight 10 days ago and got the middle seat :(

Did you check what was still available before checking in? Was the flight full?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

are Ryanair now charging a payment fee for all cards? Using my VISA debit to pay and it is charging me an extra 80 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

are Ryanair now charging a payment fee for all cards? Using my VISA debit to pay and it is charging me an extra 80 cent.

I booked a flight earlier and paid with my debit card and didnt get charged any fee. When i was filling in the details it did originally show a fee for CC, but once in entered the debit card details the fee was removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

chasm wrote: »
    I booked a flight earlier and paid with my debit card and didnt get charged any fee. When i was filling in the details it did originally show a fee for CC, but once in entered the debit card details the fee was removed.

Sorted, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Playing the seat lotto at the moment for a flight tomorrow. Flying with my wife. No two seats together yesterday evening so waiting for the last middle seats to go. Last night still a couple of middle seats now down to 1. Then it's just window and aisle followed by priority.

Going to leave it to as late as practically possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Playing the seat lotto at the moment for a flight tomorrow. Flying with my wife. No two seats together yesterday evening so waiting for the last middle seats to go. Last night still a couple of middle seats now down to 1. Then it's just window and aisle followed by priority.

Going to leave it to as late as practically possible.

Not sure how long my nerves would allow me to wait before checking in - just in case the site went down or some other glitch on my end. But that's what I plan to do for my next flight. I wish you luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

Why isn't this thread merged with the other FR one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭satguy

If they really are filling the middle seats first, then, does that mean that no two friends/partners/sisters/brothers/sons/daughters can ever be seated next to one another.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

satguy wrote: »
    If they really are filling the middle seats first, then, does that mean that no two friends/partners/sisters/brothers/sons/daughters can ever be seated next to one another.

Only if you pay to check in early before the plebs and their free allocated seats (that's my understanding of it anyway, could be wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Not sure how long my nerves would allow me to wait before checking in - just in case the site went down or some other glitch on my end. But that's what I plan to do for my next flight. I wish you luck :D

Just won the seating lotto didn't pay anything and wanted to checked in before tomorrow and flying back sat. Got 2a + 5a going out. Got 3c + 4c coming back.

Definitely wait as close to flight as possible and especially if you are flying on your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭satguy

miamee wrote: »
    Only if you pay to check in early before the plebs and their free allocated seats (that's my understanding of it anyway, could be wrong)

That's very bad on Ryanair's part, a bit sneaky, that MOL is not a nice guy.

Back in the old days we needed someone to come along and shake up AL.
    Now it seems we need someone to come along and shake up Ryanair.

miamee wrote: »

Since when have you needed to pay to check in early?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Since when have you needed to pay to check in early?

You can check in up to 30 days early if you pre-book a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If they are under 16 then you must purchase seats with an adult

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

does that mean that no two friends/partners/sisters/brothers/sons/daughters can ever be seated next to one another.
    Correct, never, under any circumstance.
    MOL is not a nice guy.r.
    Nothing to do with O Leary, EU laws & regulations are the sick scum making it illegal for siblings/friends etc to ever be seated next to each other...

I saw a poor mother eventually pick her son over her daughter to be dragged off the flight, like Sophie's choice it was. Mother was in utter tears, god bless her. Weird since a few hours before they all got the dublin bus to the airport and had survived the horrific ordeal of sitting in other seats for even longer than the flight time. Kids in their 40's but the law is the law.

rubadub wrote: »
    Correct, never, under any circumstance.

Nothing to do with O Leary, EU laws & regulations are the sick scum making it illegal for siblings/friends etc to ever be seated next to each other...

I saw a poor mother eventually pick her son over her daughter to be dragged off the flight, like Sophie's choice it was. Mother was in utter tears, god bless her. Weird since a few hours before they all got the dublin bus to the airport and had survived the horrific ordeal of sitting in other seats for even longer than the flight time. Kids in their 40's but the law is the law.

I honestly have no idea what you're on about whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea what you're on about whatsoever.

He's taking the p*ss. Couldn't you tell?

joeysoap wrote: »
    He's taking the p*ss. Couldn't you tell?

Not really, I genuinely couldn't understand it, and with some of the contributions we get lately you can never be too sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

JCX BXC wrote: »
    You can check in up to 30 days early if you pre-book a seat.

It's 60 days now if you purchase a seat. I've paid for a seat on my last couple of flights as I found some €2 euro seats and as the flights were cheap anyway I didn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

I came across this website www.swapseat.net has anyone used it? It could sort out the seat allocation problems if it becomes popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Just about to book a trip to the UK with Risky...However my companion does not have a passport so I`m seeking guidance on which box to tick when booking....
    The options offered are for those who will present an EU/EEA Passport or those who will not...I presume its the NOT box to be ticked for a Driving Licence.

Can anybody confirm ?? :eek:

What nationality is your friend? If they are a UK or Irish national, then they have to provide a PP. Ryanair do not accept driving licences as ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

What nationality is your friend? If they are a UK or Irish national, then they have to provide a PP. Ryanair do not accept driving licences as ID.

Lol that post is 9 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Hrududu wrote: »
    Lol that post is 9 years old.

Saw this on mobile so didn't see the date... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

ROVER wrote: »
    I came across this website www.swapseat.net has anyone used it? It could sort out the seat allocation problems if it becomes popular.

Can't see it lasting long if it's scraping the flight info from Ryanair.

Besides which, how on earth is it supposed to work?
    Our algorithm will elaborate all the seats inserted by all the passengers for this flight and will try to seat everyone together.
    That's doesn't make any actual sense.

Presume you agree in advance with somebody to swap seats with them once you're on board. With no guarantee they'll actually swap with you. If I was MO'L I'd have great fun registering myself for loads of seats on every flight.

Great way to harvest email addresses of people planning to travel though. Especially with no privacy policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Swapping seats like that isnt allowed AFAIK. If you plummet into a mountain your seat is partially how they identify you.

ED E wrote: »
    Swapping seats like that isnt allowed AFAIK. If you plummet into a mountain your seat is partially how they identify you.

Surely then swapping seats shouldn't be allowed whatsoever then? I've swapped seats several times on flights, (often on Ryanair to get a free window.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

ED E wrote: »
    [...] If you plummet into a mountain your seat is partially how they identify you.

If I plummet into a mountain seat allocation would be my least concern. :p

Advertisement