Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

syklops wrote: »
    :confused:

Bag on back. Passport in left hand, phone in right hand... where was the struggle exactly?

Bag doesn't have straps to put on back, and quite big too (at limits of size rules). Queue moving fast enough, and Ryanair staff checking boarding passes in three different locations in the queue, to determine bags to put in hold or something, so multiple accesses required. Much easier to just hold a piece of paper you don't mind dropping inside the passport. Obviously, if you can put the bag on your back its a lot easier.

If you're abroad without access to a printer, though, I can see the benefit. Except for the fact that it's of no use if you're travelling with a family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

p15574 wrote: »
    Bag doesn't have straps to put on back, and quite big too (at limits of size rules). Queue moving fast enough, and Ryanair staff checking boarding passes in three different locations in the queue, to determine bags to put in hold or something, so multiple accesses required. Much easier to just hold a piece of paper you don't mind dropping inside the passport. Obviously, if you can put the bag on your back its a lot easier.

Then why dont you make your life easier and get a bag that does go on your back or shoulder?
    Except for the fact that it's of no use if you're travelling with a family.

Why not?
    And no use when foreign immigration officers refuse to accept anything other than a printed boarding pass.

Immigration officers dont look at your boarding pass. They couldn't care less about your barding pass. They only care about your passort.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Immigration officers dont look at your boarding pass. They couldn't care less about your barding pass. They only care about your passort.

Not true. I have had my boarding pass checked at several UK airports on arrival.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

How do they identify as an Irish citizen?

Not true. I have had my boarding pass checked at several UK airports on arrival.
    When leaving some countries they do inspect and stamp boarding passes.

Never witnessed it. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I've never seen it. Never been asked for my boarding pass by anyone other than airline staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Never witnessed it. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I've never seen it. Never been asked for my boarding pass by anyone other than airline staff.

whether you have witnessed it or not doesnt change the fact that it can and does happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,028 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Then why dont you make your life easier and get a bag that does go on your back or shoulder?

He does make his life easier by printing his boarding pass and keeping his (presumably) wheeled trolley bag

I have a wheel bag, satchel, passport and iPhone and find it simple

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

I couldn't be bothered to shell out for a new bag just to be able to use a Ryanair app when I can just print a page out. If it's supposed to make your life easier, why should you have to change your baggage?
    Why not?
    I didn't think you could hold boarding passes for multiple people on one phone - I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

p15574 wrote: »
    I didn't think you could hold boarding passes for multiple people on one phone - I could be wrong though.

You can. I do it all the time for my wife and I, and have had 4 on one phone before. And if you use passbook you don't have to unlock the phone to bring them up.

You can. I do it all the time for my wife and I, and have had 4 on one phone before. And if you use passbook you don't have to unlock the phone to bring them up.

It's great isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It does happen at certain UK airports to enable them to identify passengers coming in from Ireland as the UK doesn't recognise a border. Most uk airports now though just have Irish flights come in to the part of the airport used for domestic flights or Stansted (who always used to ask for boarding passes) now bus Irish passengers straight to the arrivals hall bypassing UK immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've seen UK citizens let in at Dublin when they have left their passport in a bag that got checked at the desk. It must happen frequently nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

How do you all get through those turnstile type gates at Dublin airport ?

Do you have to pass the phone back and forth ?

whether you have witnessed it or not doesnt change the fact that it can and does happen.

I ****in' acknowledged that in my post.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    How do you all get through those turnstile type gates at Dublin airport ?

Do you have to pass the phone back and forth ?

Surely one person would scan and the others go through, then they go last...

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've seen UK citizens let in at Dublin when they have left their passport in a bag that got checked at the desk. It must happen frequently nowadays.

We have a common travel area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Folks, going to a stag in 2 months to Bratislava. Flights should generally be around €120 I believe. Anyway, a glut of the boys have booked yesterday and today and Ryanair have slammed the prices up to €200. As nearly everyone has now booked, I assume the bookings for the flight will be a bit quieter between now and then. If I wait, can I reasonably expect the price to go back down some bit?

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Folks, going to a stag in 2 months to Bratislava. Flights should generally be around €120 I believe. Anyway, a glut of the boys have booked yesterday and today and Ryanair have slammed the prices up to €200. As nearly everyone has now booked, I assume the bookings for the flight will be a bit quieter between now and then. If I wait, can I reasonably expect the price to go back down some bit?

Any advice appreciated.

I would say they will go up, that period will be around the Easter holidays when schools are off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Any advice appreciated.

I would expect the price to go down again.
    In my experience the "normal" price choke starts activating around 6 weeks out and it should start moving up and down from then on.

If I was you I would wait until 6 weeks out and start a Skyscanner alert from then. Check it daily several times from then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Yes I'd wait too. I doubt they'll drop by a huge amount but it's worth the risk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

mansize wrote: »
    We have a common travel area

Is it possible to travel between the Ireland and Britain by air/ferry without producing ID at all? I seem to recall that Irish Ferries don't require passports but would you need some sort of identification?

Any number of undesirables could be crossing between the two so there must be some checks in place?

ID is required

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

To travel to NI you don't need identification.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    To travel to NI you don't need identification.

Never known anyone to take a ferry to NI

Advertisement