Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

This post has been deleted.

No he's still there like Tom Hanks and his bag is on its 4,000th lap of the baggage belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    No he's still there like Tom Hanks and his bag is on its 4,000th lap of the baggage belt.

I took my keys (car/house) and wallet out of the cabin bag but totally forgot I keep the passport/drivers licence in the front flap of the bag. My better half, kept her passport on her and when we approached passport control we said we were together but my passport was still in my cabin bag, I did have my wallet with credit cards etc but the guy just nodded and said ' Ryanair' with a smile. I said yes and he just waived us through. It wasn't the fault of Ryanair, my fault entirely. I did notice when we got home however that Ryanair aren't liable for any damage or losses from this baggage as it is not classed as baggage under the Warsaw Convention. So tough sh*t if anything happens to this bag, however unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

joeysoap wrote: »
    Nobody is buying those expensive front seats, if you wait long enough you get one for free, and priority is automatic with them.

We got one of these front seats allocated freely by checking in just a few hours before last summer. This flight was full.

Tried it again recently and it didn't work, but the difference was that the plane was only 1/3 full on the way out and 1/2 full on way back, so presume it doesn't use them if it doesn't need to.

Came across this when I googled weight distribution on a 737

'The change in weight from the first 5 rows of passengers is pretty insignificant. Ryanair for instance has a habit of even blocking them off entirely when the :)aircraft is not fully loaded.'

So I would guess you won't get a front seat on Ryanair unless the flight is full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You won't as Ryanair fill the free seats from the middle of the plane towards the front and towards the back therefore if the plane is not full enough and nobody has booked those seats then Ryanair will not allocate them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Came across this when I googled weight distribution on a 737

'The change in weight from the first 5 rows of passengers is pretty insignificant. Ryanair for instance has a habit of even blocking them off entirely when the :)aircraft is not fully loaded.'

So I would guess you won't get a front seat on Ryanair unless the flight is full.

That's quite misleading, assuming it's from this question, which is specifically "Can passenger distribution cause a parked airliner to tip?".

There's other more relevant questions regarding passenger distribution.

Not meant to be misleading, just indicating that the chances of getting a seat at the front of the aircraft are pretty much zero unless there are 160 seats or more sold. In that scenario Ryanair have to use those seats otherwise they block them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Another great flight with Ryanair today - off to Cologne with them Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You can also get a pretty good idea of which seat will be allocated next by selecting a seat to purchase and a map of available seats will then show up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

mansize wrote: »

I hear Cologne is nice this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'm taking my first ever flight with Ryanair. Next Tuesday as part of a group of approx 35-40, hand luggage only. Looking forward to assesding them for myself.

I hear Cologne is nice this time of year.

Beautiful weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

hdowney wrote: »
    I'm taking my first ever flight with Ryanair. Next Tuesday as part of a group of approx 35-40, hand luggage only. Looking forward to assesding them for myself.

Make sure you read the insructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Enjoy Cologne! Amazing city. I would recommend visiting the Kölner Dom, but with recent events access may be restricted etc. Still beautiful to look at. Have a venture down to the Lindt Schokolademuseam should you have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Nobody is buying those expensive front seats, if you wait long enough you get one for free, and priority is automatic with them. (Aer Lingus allocate them free to passengers at airport check) unfortunately EasyJet are the only company who now allow you to check in for your return flight ( without buying a seat) for 15 days in advance (think EJ are 31 days)

I checked in on my last flight 7 hours before and got row 3 but no priority

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

True! But had no access to a computer/printer after that and stupidly hadnt booked when logged in

I love my Ryanair App! Boarding cards on my iPhone and Apple Watch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

maybe not always, but we certainly got priority out at Dublin. Purchased row 8 coming home but no priority and they were collecting those cabin bags off practically everybody at departure.Result = I forgot about my passport and it was in the 'flap' of my cabin baggage which meant I arrived back in Dublin with no passport to produce at passport control. The guy just said 'Ryanair?' and smiled. Happens frequently I would say. Still it was :o

I've seen it happen a couple of times with Ryanair and Aer Lingus into Dublin. Imagine tryin that at JFK and seeing how that goes down with security there....!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'm confused though, could you not just simply take the passport out of the bag?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I'm confused though, could you not just simply take the passport out of the bag?

The bad was checked in afaik

No idea, they took them off them and put them in the hold apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Sometimes they will take bags right at the boarding gate. Happened me in Birmingham. Always carry a small manbag with my essentials in it so wasn't a problem.
    Maybe they forgot to take their passport from their bag.
    Technically depending on where you are flying from you don't need a passport. Ryanair insist on it if you don't have a national identity card, Aer Lingus don't, or at least did not in the past, don't know about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

I love my Ryanair App! Boarding cards on my iPhone and Apple Watch!

Tried it once, didn't like it - very awkward trying to move along in the queue while managing the bag and holding the passport and trying to unlock the phone and display the app without dropping the phone

p15574 wrote: »
    Tried it once, didn't like it - very awkward trying to move along in the queue while managing the bag and holding the passport and trying to unlock the phone and display the app without dropping the phone

I must be very nimble...

Returning from Faro. Some will be familiar with the set- up at Faro. After passing security you are in the shopping/duty free/cafes area. Then you have to queue up again to pass through passport control to get airside. Maybe happens at other airports too, but I don't know of any. This is full uniformed passport control to get airside after leaving duty free area. Boarding gate was the usual Ryanair area (upstairs to B, Aer Lingus are always ground level D) where we formed the usual long queue, left priority, right 'other' . At this gate the staff were checking boarding passes and passports and tagging cabin bags to go in the hold. I stuck my passport back into the flap of the cabin bag at this stage, as there was another boarding gate still to pass through, however once the priority holders were checked throught this 'second' gate, the staff cleared off and there was no further checks. At the foot of the aircraft 2 guys were collecting the tagged bags. I completely forgot about the passport. Halfway through the flight I thought of it, but to honest, I didn't think it would be a problem. I had a debit and credit card and both our ECH1 cards in my wallet. I'd guess it happens every day from the reaction I got from the officer at passport control. If they had their doubts maybe a problem, but a 60 year old Paddy........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

p15574 wrote: »

:confused:

Bag on back. Passport in left hand, phone in right hand... where was the struggle exactly?

Advertisement