Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The best part is the comments :)

Do they really think Ryanair is out to get musicians?!?

Edit: They even list Ryanair as British.

Taken from the article :

"It is understood the boy was advised at the budget Irish airline’s departure gate"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Taken from the article :

"It is understood the boy was advised at the budget Irish airline’s departure gate"

The headline says "UK airline" though.

Found this too
    http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/dec/09/son-grounded-ryanair-new-ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I know airlines purchase fuel in advance but still can't help thinking ALL airlines are gouging us in the fares they charge. I have checked out a few fares for 2016 and they are all up on this years early fares. Oil is now back to 2009 prices (I accept there is a strong dollar involved)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,028 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

joeysoap wrote: »
    I know airlines purchase fuel in advance but still can't help thinking ALL airlines are gouging us in the fares they charge. I have checked out a few fares for 2016 and they are all up on this years early fares. Oil is now back to 2009 prices (I accept there is a strong dollar involved)

Where are you wanting to go? You need to remember that holiday spots like Turkey / Egypt / Morrocco are no goes for a lot of folk now which essentially means they are all chasing the same 'safe' destinations hence pushing the price up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,156 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kid was 16, so wouldn't have legally been able to pay with card.

EDIT - Never mind, read the Guardian link and the T&C are specific, so not specifically linked to card payment.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Where are you wanting to go? You need to remember that holiday spots like Turkey / Egypt / Morrocco are no goes for a lot of folk now which essentially means they are all chasing the same 'safe' destinations hence pushing the price up

You are correct, I was checking out the usual suspects, Balearics , Canary Islands, Faro etc as the accommodation is plentiful, transfers are cheap, and living expenses generally cheaper than home ( though not by much nowadays)

I find the accomidation quite restrictive in the Algarve. It's either very sh*t and underpriced or sh*t and overpriced

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I find the accomidation quite restrictive in the Algarve. It's either very sh*t and underpriced or sh*t and overpriced

Not been my experience. Rarely holiday in peak periods and have found reasonably priced good accommodation in Santa Lucia, Gale, Balaia, Luz, Sagres and Lagos. Don't book expensive places like Vilamoura or busy spots like Albufeira or Praia da Rocha.

Overall I would find Tenerife the 'poorest' in terms of quality for money. But I still go back there , because I like it.

And there are plenty of flights to Faro from Ryanair and A/L even off peak

• Advertisement

When I go to the algarve, I want to go to the busy spots like Albuferia and Praia da Rocha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Can anybody provide a link or explain what the situation is with carry on baggage for Ryanair?

I've been told conflicting stories by two different sources and cannot find an up to date link on the Internet.

Thanks for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Can anybody provide a link or explain what the situation is with carry on baggage for Ryanair?

I've been told conflicting stories by two different sources and cannot find an up to date link on the Internet.

Thanks for your help!

What specifically are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,156 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Doyler92 wrote: »

Thanks for your help!

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage#undefined-undefined

Second question down.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Thanks guys. That covers the answer to my question. I'm just wondering why I couldn't find that myself!

Just back from a flight with RY. I left it until the last minute before checking in and - thanks guys, got row 4 with priority for free on outward leg. Unfortunately wasn't near an open Internet cafe for return check in, so had to purchase seats :mad:, before leaving home. Won't happen in summer as lots of IC's in resort and all open.

Staff were all lovey dovey all right, but still didn't understand half of what they were saying (probably the same in reverse, I asked for a BLT sandwich as advertised but was offered a turkey and stuffing sandwich , which was refused)

I appreciate airlines purchase fuel in advance but still think they are now gouging us. Well they might advertise bumper profits .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

It says to print off a4 sheet. If you have a smart phone download the app and you can display the boarding pass on screen

• Site Banned Posts: 137 ✭✭MaryAntoinette

They really should just say in huge writing to cut out the quarter that contains the pass, flying two days ago and the usual craic of people handing over their passports closed along with boarding pass in see through bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

No they need to be able to see the writing also. Why just cut out the square???

• Site Banned Posts: 137 ✭✭MaryAntoinette

Cut the page quadrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Just back from a flight with RY. I left it until the last minute before checking in and - thanks guys, got row 4 with priority for free on outward leg.

Whats this ?

Dont check in until the last minute and you will get a better seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I appreciate airlines purchase fuel in advance but still think they are now gouging us. Well they might advertise bumper profits .

How are they gouging us exactly?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Whats this ?

Dont check in until the last minute and you will get a better seat?

Nobody is buying those expensive front seats, if you wait long enough you get one for free, and priority is automatic with them. (Aer Lingus allocate them free to passengers at airport check) unfortunately EasyJet are the only company who now allow you to check in for your return flight ( without buying a seat) for 15 days in advance (think EJ are 31 days)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Just back from a flight with RY. I left it until the last minute before checking in and - thanks guys, got row 4 with priority for free on outward leg.

Is row 4 always priority? I checked in last minute last weekend and got row 4 but didn't get priority.

maybe not always, but we certainly got priority out at Dublin. Purchased row 8 coming home but no priority and they were collecting those cabin bags off practically everybody at departure.Result = I forgot about my passport and it was in the 'flap' of my cabin baggage which meant I arrived back in Dublin with no passport to produce at passport control. The guy just said 'Ryanair?' and smiled. Happens frequently I would say. Still it was :o

• Advertisement

Advertisement