Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

They should have had a day of free flights, it is the 30th birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

What? I've had free or close to free flights back in the days when FR was like that all the time.

Yes, I did say not any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

got a flight to Glasgow 1st weekend in October for €19.99 so cant complain about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Terrific price Johnny but those fares were always available. My brother flew to leeds and back last week for 19.98 as well. Just I couldn't find those fares on any route I checked out. Maybe just me and the routes I was looking at. I can see the 9.99 fares easily enough.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Despite the advertised fares "starting from 19.99", 9.99 to UK destinations that have competition (flybe or Aer Lingus) is the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Hello,
    Ive a ryanair question.
    Am due to fly with them Friday, and will have to check in a bag.
    Can I just check in as normal (online) and then pay at a desk in the airport?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Ive a ryanair question.
    Am due to fly with them Friday, and will have to check in a bag.
    Can I just check in as normal (online) and then pay at a desk in the airport?
    Thanks!

Will be dearer at the desk.
    You can go to manage my booking and add a bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 KidMeNotA1

If you check in online, you state 'bag' or 'no bag'. If you pay at the airport, you pay much more that checking bag & paying on-line. For me, it is a no-
    brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If your unsure how to add a bag get onto their online chat service and the agent will do it for you, send you a link and you pay online.I increased the weight on a return journey this week without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dodgeyankle

Will be flying Ryanair on Friday also... Was wondering if anyone knows can I bring a suit bag with a suit folded over etc aswel as a carry on bag... Gym bag etc..,
    Help would be appreciated

Really? Just dreading that they say I gotta check it in and charge me €100 or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Ryanair aren't the ârseholes they used to be. We (family of four) flew out of Dublin the other day and when I was at check-in (we were checking in the buggy), The staff asked me if I would like to check in any of our hand luggage for free. So I said yes, thank you very much, and checked in the lot! Didn't cost me a penny. Must be a new policy?

Sounds like they are starting to appreciate customers maybe... If all comes to all then I'll wear my suit and through away the bag :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Ryanair aren't the ârseholes they used to be. We (family of four) flew out of Dublin the other day and when I was at check-in (we were checking in the buggy), The staff asked me if I would like to check in any of our hand luggage for free. So I said yes, thank you very much, and checked in the lot! Didn't cost me a penny. Must be a new policy?

Aerlingus did that with me going to Tenerife. Both ways infact!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭knealecat

Went on a flight last week with my suit bag, was no problem. Walked straight on, no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Works both ways, great for you and also great for anyone who was just taking a small carry on case, more room on the aircraft. Ryanair now only guarantee the first 90 will get the carry on bags on board. (EasyJet ony guarantee a carry on bag that fits under the seat, the 'bigger' size carry on bag is not guaranteed with them) Sterling has put paid to trips with EasyJet for the moment.:(

• Advertisement

joeysoap wrote: »
    Works both ways, great for you and also great for anyone who was just taking a small carry on case, more room on the aircraft. Ryanair now only guarantee the first 90 will get the carry on bags on board. (EasyJet ony guarantee a carry on bag that fits under the seat, the 'bigger' size carry on bag is not guaranteed with them) Sterling has put paid to trips with EasyJet for the moment.:(

Not for all of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Yeah it's great they do that now! It helps save space in the cabin and suits those who don't need the bag with them during the flight.

The last few flights I have been on with Ryanair I actually asked could I put the hand luggage in the hold. They were only too happy to oblige. Its grand for going through security and not lugging the bag around whilst doing a bit of shopping. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 thaiwolf

watch out for ryanair currency exchange rip off - was booking one way flight from bristol to dublin , price was 35.99 sterling but went to pay and website converted it to 53 euro i then un-selected the option and paid in sterling via irish bank card and low and behold 50 euro was removed from bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

thaiwolf wrote: »
    watch out for ryanair currency exchange rip off - was booking one way flight from bristol to dublin , price was 35.99 sterling but went to pay and website converted it to 53 euro i then un-selected the option and paid in sterling via irish bank card and low and behold 50 euro was removed from bank account.

Rip off of 3 euro? Those bastards! :rolleyes:

Google currency converter converts 39.99GBP to 55.11EUR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

thaiwolf wrote: »

Don't know how you got 36 sterling for less than 50 euro. 55 would be nearer the mark. That's no rip off by ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

With Ryanairs flat pricing model, I always uncheck the currency box as I book singles and get a better bargain when converting from £ to €

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

With Ryanairs flat pricing model, I always uncheck the currency box as I book singles and get a better bargain when converting from £ to €
    It's often cheaper to not use a seller's rate and to allow your card do the exchange. Applies the world over with airlines, car hire, hotels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Watch out for your Bank's 'currency conversion' fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Aerlingus did that with me going to Tenerife. Both ways infact!

Aer Lingus a lot of the time force this policy, happened twice to me now going from Schiphol.

I didn't want to check in the bag as I don't fancy waiting around when I land, but they said it was necessary anyway even though my bag was within the carry on dimensions.

Advertisement