Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is the plate that surrounds the port right? Seems to be a lot of light there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 softmint13

Hi Tea_Bag, I doubt he wants to make a habit of it, I guess there must be rules somewhere about being an unofficial distributor :(

As regards plate, hmmmm?
    I'll have a look and check it out but I'd say its probably o.k.,
    There's a flash right behind it to blow out some of the background so it may just be an optical illusion.
    Good spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

softmint13 wrote: »
    As regards plate, hmmmm?
    I'll have a look and check it out but I'd say its probably o.k.,
    There's a flash right behind it to blow out some of the background so it may just be an optical illusion.
    Good spot though.

Yeah, if you had the flash at an acute enough angle to the case its just coming through the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

took me two evenings but it's done now. have to install the os and actually run it but it lights up so that's enough for me right now

20120824_223646.jpg

20120824_224001.jpg

20120824_214610.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    took me two evenings but it's done now. have to install the os and actually run it but it lights up so that's enough for me right now

Did you figure out what was wrong with the MOBO mounting?

• Advertisement

Neilos wrote: »
    Did you figure out what was wrong with the MOBO mounting?

no, it's still the same, as can be seen by the angle the noctua is at. might come back to it, it's only slight and I can still use the usb slots at the back. if I get more anal about right angles I'll probably take it out put a spirit level across the top mounters to see if they are level with the other ones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Only saw your PM there now Bhoy, apologies :pac:

Deja vu with the build, I took the HDD cage out too. Only real difference is my PSU is only semi modular and I have the H100, but otherwise nearly identical :D

Only saw your PM there now Bhoy, apologies :pac:

Deja vu with the build, I took the HDD cage out too. Only real difference is my PSU is only semi modular and I have the H100, but otherwise nearly identical :D

no bother, you've helped enough already. the noctua was a prostitute to get in for me, should have paid the extra and got the h100. did you have any issues mounting the motherboard to the case? mines not exactly flat

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80416341&postcount=9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

no bother, you've helped enough already. the noctua was a prostitute to get in for me, should have paid the extra and got the h100. did you have any issues mounting the motherboard to the case? mines not exactly flat

could be the weight of the cooler bending the board a bit at the top. try putting the case down flat then screwing it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Is it raised further towards the top? The small "mounds" are standoffs in their own rights, you're not supposed to install standoffs into them.

• Advertisement

Is it raised further towards the top? The small "mounds" are standoffs in their own rights, you're not supposed to install standoffs into them.

that must be it then, yeah I used two standoffs in the screws at the top. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I finished my son's build. The BiFenix Merc Beta is a great simple case. It was very easy to work on. The powder coat finish on it is very well done for a 33 euro case. I also think the BenQ G2255 is a great monitor for the price. I'm glad I went with it in the end. Anyway, my son is thrilled and I finally get to use my PC again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Great looking machine! Just goes to show you can have a cracking machine at a much better price than a prebuilt. How is it on GW2?

He was playing a bit of GW2 last night but, he won't let me near it to test out what the fps are like. He's in the pre teen phase:D I'll have a go at it next week when he's in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Tasty build, and those dell speakers bring back memories, thrashed a set of them years ago playing Quake 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

jesus all the builds here are very tidy!! i must post a pic of mine show you how it used to be with wires and cables all over the place:) ordered a new hd so will do so when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I hope that's a reasonable PSU in there. The lack of lack of visible logos and the styling of it doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Monotype wrote: »
    I hope that's a reasonable PSU in there. The lack of lack of visible logos and the styling of it doesn't inspire me with confidence.
    Never judge a PSU by it's cover:D http://www.pcpower.com/power-supply/silencer-610-eps12v.html
    It's a bit over kill for his system but, I had it lying around from an old build.

Phew, those vertical slot grill holes have faded out of fashion now a bit and had me worried, but you still see them in cheapy PSUs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I made a few small changes to my main rig, finally got rid of the see through tube and put in some bits power fittings to make it look neater and no kinks.
    20120827_224111.jpg
    20120827_224059.jpg
    20120827_223930.jpg
    20120827_223912.jpg
    The black 90deg fitting will be changed, specialtech forgot to send out the fittings in an order.
    I will be starting the other loop very soon and will be ordering the aurora red tomorrow with the rest of the fittings for this loop.
    I have also build my brothers rig with him the other day so taught would put that up also :)
    20120819_215521.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

I changed out the stock corsair fans on the 600t and also the noctua fans on the Nh-d14..
    New braided pcie leads and 24 pin atx
    Also added 8gig more ram..

Here is what it looked like before
    [IMG][/img]IMG_3503.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_3505.jpg

removed the fans and replaced them with bitfenix spectre pro fans.
    Added the extra ram.
    Changed out the pcie and 24 pin atx leads with bitfenix red leads.

[IMG][/img]IMG_3506.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_3507.jpg

Then changed out the noctua fans on the cpu cooler for the Bitfenix fans
    and added 6 feet of red leds around the perimeter of the case to give it a nice red glow..

[IMG][/img]IMG_3509.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_3510.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_3511.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_3517.jpg

Overall Im well pleased with the result..
    It looks sweet with the lights out..:cool:

Wow, that looks great and red. Modular sleeved cables look very well, although to be perfect, they could be fixed up just an extra little bit neater.

Monotype wrote: »
    Wow, that looks great and red. Modular sleeved cables look very well, although to be perfect, they could be fixed up just an extra little bit neater.

Will sort the cables out tomorrow.They are a bit messy.was getting hungry and the mrs had a roast on so had to pull the pin on it...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

dwighet wrote: »
    Will sort the cables out tomorrow.They are a bit messy.was getting hungry and the mrs had a roast on so had to pull the pin on it...:o

Nice job , where did you buy those leads from? Caseking? I remember braiding a 24pin years ago. was not fun! the red braiding is the business though. wouldn't mind some blue for my case :3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

dwighet wrote: »
    I changed out the stock corsair fans on the 600t and also the noctua fans on the Nh-d14..
    New braided pcie leads and 24 pin atx
    Also added 8gig more ram..

Here is what it looked like before

removed the fans and replaced them with bitfenix spectre pro fans.
    Added the extra ram.
    Changed out the pcie and 24 pin atx leads with bitfenix red leads.

Then changed out the noctua fans on the cpu cooler for the Bitfenix fans
    and added 6 feet of red leds around the perimeter of the case to give it a nice red glow..

Overall Im well pleased with the result..
    It looks sweet with the lights out..:cool:
    I would put each of the pci-e extension cables down through the grommets below each of the cards for a tidier looking rig but other than that its sweet :). I was going to get my cables braided black but after that I might get them done in red :)

deceit wrote: »
    I would put each of the pci-e extension cables down through the grommets below each of the cards for a tidier looking rig but other than that its sweet :). I was going to get my cables braided black but after that I might get them done in red :)

I see what you mean...
    I will re route them after work and sww how it turns out..:cool:

papu wrote: »
    Nice job , where did you buy those leads from? Caseking? I remember braiding a 24pin years ago. was not fun! the red braiding is the business though. wouldn't mind some blue for my case :3

I got them from hardwareversand but ebay do them aswell

deceit wrote: »

Much better now....Sweeeeeeeeet as a nut:cool:
    [IMG][/img]IMG_3521.jpg

Much better! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Now do some artsy ones with the side on.

Advertisement