Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have the Aurvana headphones and they are probably the best I've ever used. Never found a better one with such crisp sound.

On another note, all these pics are inspiring me to dump my 5 year old Coolermaster CM case. Thanks guys! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Brian wrote: »

Creatives look good but the best value for money has to be the Thomann set. I'm probably going to be making an order to Thomann in the next couple of weeks. My buddy owns a guitar workshop so I could probably do the order through him if anyone was interested in jumping on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

pandaboy wrote: »
    Creatives look good but the best value for money has to be the Thomann set. I'm probably going to be making an order to Thomann in the next couple of weeks. My buddy owns a guitar workshop so I could probably do the order through him if anyone was interested in jumping on board.
    I'd be interested in one, maybe 2. is there a reduced shipping price for combined orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

@ED E - reductions are often the best online for low end cans. Premium manufacturers know that their products have highly-interested niche markets so they don't need to do any price reduction.

Bricks and mortar stores, especially in Ireland, have absolutely appalling selections in headphone models and I'm not at all interested in the "best value" in that realm. It is a sad truth that a lot of headphone purchases have to be made on faith since it's simply impossible to demo good cans.

@Tea_Bag - Thomann are €15 flat rate.

@ED E - reductions are often the best online for low end cans. Premium manufacturers know that their products have highly-interested niche markets so they don't need to do any price reduction.

Bricks and mortar stores, especially in Ireland, have absolutely appalling selections in headphone models and I'm not at all interested in the "best value" in that realm. It is a sad truth that a lot of headphone purchases have to be made on faith since it's simply impossible to demo good cans.

@Tea_Bag - Thomann are €15 flat rate.
    great. and thanks for the heads up on those cans, they appear to be the business. have you used them personally?

I'm not entirely sold on the design, but the removable cables has me sold.

• Advertisement

Yeah I had them but gave them to a friend when I got my AD700s fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭xtal191

xtal191 wrote: »
    €17 is pretty steep for some muffs. are they very good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    €17 is pretty steep for some muffs. are they very good?

Earpads can change the sound of a Headphone for the better according to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

UcZNyl.jpg

D3nsIl.jpg
    the ugly:
    wjNjVl.jpg

cRoCul.jpg
    for Brian: :pac:
    Db5m2l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Awesome setup! Love the monitors, "stands" and wallpaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Where would be the best place for prices on DT770s? Preferably new. Had a look on amazon and saw one for $173. Would this be the average price?

Btw, great looking kit there Burgo. Which Mobo, GFX & RAM are you using?

Where's the TKL mech? :pac:

pandaboy wrote: »
    Where would be the best place for prices on DT770s? Preferably new. Had a look on amazon and saw one for $173. Would this be the average price?

Btw, great looking kit there Burgo. Which Mobo, GFX & RAM are you using?

Cheers man, I got mine of thomann.de a while ago,they were about €150, don't know how much shipping would be from amazon.

Motherboard: Asrock z77 Extreme4
    GFX: Gigabyte Windforce gtx 670
    Ram: G.Skill RipjawsX

Where's the TKL mech? :pac:

Something to look forward to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Burgo wrote: »
    Db5m2l.jpg

o/

th_IMG_0111.jpg

EDIT: Are pros, just isnt marked on the can of the 990s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Nice package just arrived. Fun times ahead.

BrLtLl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Nice!! Tell me how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

My V8 cooler arrived today

dscn0224v8cpc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

mind me asking what you paid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

So, finally completed the transplant. Here is a few pictures I took during the procedure.

The beast of a case that is the HAF x will be missed, the dust marks are wounds it endured during its service.

2012-08-08212041.jpg?t=1344485334

The old vs the new, the final bow before the Stryker takes over for the HAF X.

2012-08-08213154.jpg?t=1344485333

Getting there....

2012-08-08230558.jpg?t=1344485333

Cable tidy enough for now(So many cables to deal with, but oddly easier to manage compared to the HAF X!

2012-08-09023826.jpg?t=1344485333

The completed new hero, for record my rig is called RIVE(first time I ever named a rig)

2012-08-09023846.jpg?t=1344485333

One final picture of the beautiful white LED fans on the front of the case(love the fact the case has an off switch for the LED's)

2012-08-09052505.jpg?t=1344486430

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Nice neat job, but I think some white sleeving in there would be really nice in there. ;) $90 though. :(
    http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-units/psu-accessories/professional-series-ax850-ax750-ax650-individually-sleeved-modular-cables-white.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Thor wrote: »
    Nice package just arrived. Fun times ahead.

Mine is on the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Thor wrote: »
    So, finally completed the transplant. Here is a few pictures I took during the procedure.

The beast of a case that is the HAF x will be missed, the dust marks are wounds it endured during its service.

The completed new hero, for record my rig is called RIVE(first time I ever named a rig)

2012-08-09023846.jpg?t=1344485333

One final picture of the beautiful white LED fans on the front of the case(love the fact the case has an off switch for the LED's)

2012-08-09052505.jpg?t=1344486430

Sweet case Thor, white for cases is starting grow on me. BTW, what did you pay for the AX1200? My AX850 might be a bit low if I go for a 3rd GPU, and I plan to stay with the AX corsair range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

That is a nice build Thor , I have to say the CM Stryker is an absolute gorgeous case . Have noticed any difference in Temps ??

Monotype wrote: »
    Nice neat job, but I think some white sleeving in there would be really nice in there. ;) $90 though. :(
    http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-units/psu-accessories/professional-series-ax850-ax750-ax650-individually-sleeved-modular-cables-white.html

I was about to buy them before I got the case as I taught they would look great. To be honest though. I think I may go from some bitfenix extension cables instead. I don't mind the added length. Depends on how much cheaper they turn out, but possible may just get the corsair replacement pack.
    seanbmc wrote: »
    Mine is on the way :D

Well, you will love it as it's beautiful!! when you get it, make sure to give the window a wipe down on both sides after you remove the plastic or it will become a dust magnet!!
    glynf wrote: »
    Sweet case Thor, white for cases is starting grow on me. BTW, what did you pay for the AX1200? My AX850 might be a bit low if I go for a 3rd GPU, and I plan to stay with the AX corsair range.

I got it from scan.co.uk awhile back, I think I may upgrade to the AX1200i as I'm liking the idea of being able to monitor the power usages easily.
    That is a nice build Thor , I have to say the CM Stryker is an absolute gorgeous case . Have noticed any difference in Temps ??

Temps have improved. I was suspecting my graphics card to be higher as it's a triple slot, but I think since I have two fans pulling in air now from the front it's improved. although I did have a 200mm side fan pulling in air on the haf x and a noctua fan also pushing air after the hard drives. I may add a fan to the bottom of the case as it would fit nicely.

The noise level is down as well, as I don't have any 200mm+ fans any more. The white fan that comes with the Stryker is somewhat loud but I have it removed for the H100 anyway.

Overall, I'm loving the case and looking forward to making some adjustments here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

Any ideas on what your going to do with the HAF?

Any ideas on what your going to do with the HAF?

A mate of mine may be taking it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

So 2 small 100mm fans will outperform a bigger 200mm fan?
    Interesting... I'll try remember that for the next time I buy a case (years from now no doubt).:cool:

Advertisement