Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

3135f6h.jpg

GPU temperature 47 max after heaven benchmark. Was 83 with stock cooler.

2cscllk.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jaysus Thor that's some machine. I was never much good at keeping a tidy house, but that takes the biscuit altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Is that the Zalman VF3000 VGA cooler?

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Is that the Zalman VF3000 VGA cooler?

Yep, the zalman vf3000f for gtx 570/580. Was 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Jaysus Thor that's some machine. I was never much good at keeping a tidy house, but that takes the biscuit altogether.

Kind words man, I appreciate it.

Any time I put together a build, cable management is something I will spends hours at. I sometimes even do it a few times using up a load of cable ties and then figure out better ways for things to go and do it again, but this time it was actually straight forward.

The SATA cable routes were the thing that were the issue, but they worked out okay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

You'd want to see the job Hardwareversand do, lol, it's like the builder thinks he's working with Mala, squeezes them all together and sticks a cable tie around them.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thor wrote: »
    Kind words man, I appreciate it.

Any time I put together a build, cable management is something I will spends hours at. I sometimes even do it a few times using up a load of cable ties and then figure out better ways for things to go and do it again, but this time it was actually straight forward.

The SATA cable routes were the thing that were the issue, but they worked out okay.

I've never had the patience for cable management. Next time I do a build, do you fancy sticking it together for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

You'd want to see the job Hardwareversand do, lol, it's like the builder thinks he's working with Mala, squeezes them all together and sticks a cable tie around them.:rolleyes:

I have seen some god awful jobs, some where they actually covered the fan with cables.
    I've never had the patience for cable management. Next time I do a build, do you fancy sticking it together for me. :D

I actually enjoy doing it, so any time you want it done. Just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I've updated my own rig and built a few others recently:
    20120819_105622.jpg
    I am waiting on an amd part for the raystorm block before I fit watercooling to this one.
    20120819_153916.jpg
    20120819_153840.jpg
    I built this one for my mate, he has made slight alterations to it recently
    388041_485507208128968_1781385069_n.jpg
    389200_10150843178305159_977025084_n.jpg
    This one below looks a little untidy because of no braiding on the cables.
    20120801_230114.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

deceit wrote: »
    I've updated my own rig and built a few others recently:
    20120819_105622.jpg
    Love these chunky tubes, Might upsize my fittings on my next rebuild for these.

What size fittings are you using?

• Advertisement

hobochris wrote: »
    Love these chunky tubes, Might upsize my fittings on my next rebuild for these.

What size fittings are you using?

1/2" internal 3/4" external I prefer smaller tubing myself like on my other rig below as it looks much less cluttered. The other stuff below is 7/16" internal 5/8" external
    20120819_190609.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

hobochris wrote: »
    Awesome Desk PC

Love it, but can I request some non instagram thumb photos from a distance so we can see what she looks like overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

ED E wrote: »
    Love it, but can I request some non instagram thumb photos from a distance so we can see what she looks like overall?

thanks,

will get some up later.

I just taught I would put up pics of the nzxt rig with the watercooling in it. The pictures dont do the liquid justice. Its awesome when its moving in the res and tubes. Top pic is when its not moving, bottom is when its moving.
    20120820_200746.jpg
    20120820_200802.jpg

This gives you an idea of what its like if you look in the res:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOipMzfITjQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

is that mayhems aurora stuff?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Couple of new additions to my rig.
    MSI 660ti power edition [cant get over how small it is compared to the hd 6950 it replaced]
    Cyborg V 7 keyboard.

wp000570.jpg

wp000574.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Clean cable management.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

spix wrote: »
    Yep, the zalman vf3000f for gtx 570/580. Was 50 euro.

Quietpc.ie?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Clean cable management.:)

Will be cleaner, i had to take out part of the casing to the right of the screen to accommodate the 6950,once i replace it will cover the messy looking cables.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    is that mayhems aurora stuff?

Yea it is, it looks a million times better than it does in them pics though. I will be getting the red dye and the gold dye for my main rig also as it looks awesome :)

• Advertisement

Quietpc.ie?

caseking.de , delivery is expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

You are all forcing me to set aside time to sort my cable management out. Feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

have all the stuff together now so ready to do my first build. bit late now so will have to wait tomorrow, gonna be a long day at work

20120822_215330.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That build looks familiar :pac:

Case is lovely, great cable management. Hopefully I can get a pic of mine up at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

That build looks familiar :pac:

Case is lovely, great cable management. Hopefully I can get a pic of mine up at some point.

Yeah go on will ye, just so I know what it should look like in the end and it doesn't turn out that I've built a toaster or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 softmint13

First build complete. Very pleased. Thanks to all who helped.

218272.jpg

218269.jpg

218271.jpg

218270.jpg

Intel employee?

No, buddy works there and got me those components with a lovely staff discount :)
    I wouldn't have gone for as high spec. stuff otherwise.

Should have linked to thread where I received all the help also.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80409761#post80409761

• Advertisement

would he sell me a CPU? :D

Advertisement