Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options
1143144145146147149»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Desk upgrade. Still wiring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

CPU: AMD 5950X

GPU: ROG STRIX 6900XT with AIO

Case: Lian Li O11 XL

RAM: 64GB (32*2) Corsair Vengence

Motherboard: x570e

PSU: 1000W

Fans: Lian Li... loads.

Monitor: AOC 144hz widescreen yoke

Future: Would consider and upgrade to 7900 XTX if I could find one with a built in AIO. Possibly full water cooling set up

Fixed up my NCase M1's internal wiring a bit.

Pro-tip: run 8-pin CPU cable and any bottom case fans behind the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

Why do you always go SFF? You do know you get better performance and cooling capabilities with a large case.

1. I've lived in 3 addresses in 5 years - much rather have a tiny system for the inevitable move.
    2. The NCase M1 has great thermals even compared to large towers. GPU gets cool air directly from the bottom & if I wanted more CPU cooling, I could fit a 240mm AIO.
    3. I adore compact designs.
    4. This fits more easily on a desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

There's just something really cool about a high powered PC in a tiny case, love it 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Decided to get out of the rat race and settle on a Mini PC. Couldn't be happier. Runs the games I play, like Enlisted and Overwatch 2, at ultra 1440p effortlessly. Whisper quiet, takes up no space.

Model is HX99G for anyone interested. Specs are 6900HX, 16GB 5600Mhz, 2tb SSD, RX6650M.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I built a tolerable computer with Apple branding

For fun. Got the original Macintosh Plus off a friend a few months ago, built a practical modern PC inside.

Parts list:

Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Motherboard.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Stock Cooler.

16GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz Ripjaws V RAM.

Fikwot FN960 512GB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD.

XPROTO-Mini case w/ 600W SFF PSU.

Eyoyo 8" Mini Monitor 1024x768 IPS HDMI.

Various panel mounts and 90 degree HDMI/USB/Ethernet adaptors.

6mm thick black foam.

2mm thick clear acrylic.

Extra long T15 screws.

Super glue.

Zip ties.

Patience.

I tried to keep as much of the original appearance as possible, so all the original ports are intact and I just added HDMI and Ethernet to the back panel in place of the battery slot, and two USB ports in the floppy drive. The 5600G will let me play low demand games locally and also stream Steam from my main machine to a TV.

The XPROTO case is almost perfectly designed to fit inside and offers unlimited upgrade capacity in the ITX form factor; I could even put in a discrete GPU if I wanted to (though the 8700G would probably be a better choice from a thermals perspective).

My favourite part is the ability to use the original power switch rocker as a momentary switch to boot the motherboard. My least favourite part was accidentally cracking the acrylic after assembly and having to tear it down again to replace.

In terms of tools required, obviously a T15 long screw driver, safe means of removing the original analogue board and CRT. From there, a hack saw, jigsaw, power drill, soldering iron.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

These mini PC`s are getting better and better it seems.

Looking at benchmarks its a very solid 1080P setup for the majority of games, even cyberpunk performs well @1080P and demanding games and as you say 1440P on less demanding games.

My brother enjoys the odd bit of gaming [not as often as myself :P] but refuses to play console with controller as he mostly plays fps games but this would suit him perfectly.

Tempted myself but i kinda like the rat race :P

Advertisement