Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

deceit wrote: »
    At the bottom there is already fan ducts. There is a 3.5" drive bay that takes up 4 slots so it would just fit the rad in perfectly with no space above or below it left. I could just put the rad in and move the pump a bit forward instead and keep the res I have now, I plan on cooling the gpu also. The machine is really quiet, I expected it too be much louder, can barely hear the pump with the matt below it.

Thats good and it should get quieter when all the air bleeds too.

If cooling gpu then the 2nd rad is the way to go.
    As for where to put it i'd whatever is easier to do go with.Although it would probably get more air if it was in drive bays as if laying flat at the bottom you might want to raise the case feet up a bit to allow more airflow.

What matting did you use for the pumps as the stuff i got is useless and i'm looking at getting this maybe?
    http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/product.php?productid=12520

Nice job on your first loop btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

My work in progress. Wires are messy as its just being tested for leaks not connected, just pulled tissue out too take pic. Disappointed with the colour as had hoped for a darker orange, it looks green unless something is behind it :( and I ordered silver 90deg bends by mistake instead of same as the other bits :(.This is my first proper watercooled pc. The screens will look alot better when my new desk is collected tomorrow. Also my old reliable htpc, thats next for the upgrade from core2duo to sandybridge :)
    IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg

can you list your water cooling specs as im gona go water in the next week just looking at options cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Just thinking maybe there isn't enough light inside the case to bring out the orange dye - you may need a couple of white CCFLs in there to stop it looking green :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

game4it70 wrote: »
    Thats good and it should get quieter when all the air bleeds too.

If cooling gpu then the 2nd rad is the way to go.
    As for where to put it i'd whatever is easier to do go with.Although it would probably get more air if it was in drive bays as if laying flat at the bottom you might want to raise the case feet up a bit to allow more airflow.

What matting did you use for the pumps as the stuff i got is useless and i'm looking at getting this maybe?
    http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/product.php?productid=12520

Nice job on your first loop btw :)
    Thanks, it is a bit of material I had laying around the house and it worked a treat, is only about 5mm thick and there is no vibration from the pump on full speed.
    I have an
    apogee gt
    240mm swiftech rad
    swiftech micro res
    D5 pump (went with this so can expand in the future)

Solitaire wrote: »
    Just thinking maybe there isn't enough light inside the case to bring out the orange dye - you may need a couple of white CCFLs in there to stop it looking green :o

In different light it looks perfectly orange so your probably right :D

• Advertisement

You probably need warm (i.e. yellow-ier) internal lighting - the only lighting in that pic seemed quite dim so the case was too blue-shifted from those LEDs :o

You probably need warm (i.e. yellow-ier) internal lighting - the only lighting in that pic seemed quite dim so the case was too blue-shifted from those LEDs :o

Would you have a link to lights you could recommend for this?
    This is the dye I used btw http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/product.php?productid=3613&cat=0&page=1

whats the delivery like from swiftech or where,s my best place to buy w/c parts

massy086 wrote: »
    whats the delivery like from swiftech or where,s my best place to buy w/c parts

For me specialtech was quick delivery and good communication and the prices for what I got where good.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My work in progress. Wires are messy as its just being tested for leaks not connected, just pulled tissue out too take pic. Disappointed with the colour as had hoped for a darker orange, it looks green unless something is behind it :( and I ordered silver 90deg bends by mistake instead of same as the other bits :(.This is my first proper watercooled pc. The screens will look alot better when my new desk is collected tomorrow. Also my old reliable htpc, thats next for the upgrade from core2duo to sandybridge :)
    IMAG0207.jpg
    Did anyone else look at this photo and think of that sound effect on japanese cartoons when something cool and really shiny shows up on screen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Nope.

I taught I might aswell post the finished/Running build
    IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Man, that's a really neat and tidy build. I really like the orange colour scheme too, it compliments the rocket on your wall! :D

Cruel! :D:P

Needs CCFLs though IMHO! :p

Man, that's a really neat and tidy build. I really like the orange colour scheme too, it compliments the rocket on your wall! :D

Thanks really love them aeroplanes on the wall, where put up for my kid but I think I like them more :P.
    Solitaire could you link to where I could get some for this? i've never seen where to buy ones specifically for pc.
    The good part about this build is I decided to be sensible with my cash and tried get the best bang for buck rather than going all out and spending about 1500 instead I built it for 650 including desk and an ips 24" panel minus second monitor, os, keyboard and mouse. Think might as well post the specs:
    I7 930
    Flamming blade gti
    6gb pc12800 cl6 ram
    HD5870
    2tb hd
    Rasurbo 750watt psu
    Utgard Case
    LG 24" IPS Monitor
    Watercooling gear

Wow, that's great value for that setup! If it's any use to you, and you have a maplins near you, that's where I got my CCFL's, they're probably not as good as some of the stuff you can get online but they work fine for me. Maplins never seem to have a wide variety of colour in them.

Wow, that's great value for that setup! If it's any use to you, and you have a maplins near you, that's where I got my CCFL's, they're probably not as good as some of the stuff you can get online but they work fine for me. Maplins never seem to have a wide variety of colour in them.

Are these the ones? I wont if would have uv versions of them in stock as the dye is uv reactive and maybe that would turn it orange.

I got a blue one and a UV one while I was there. The wires that come out of them can be quite short so depending on where you put them in the case wiring might be a bit awkward but I managed it ok and kept it neat.

I got a blue one and a UV one while I was there. The wires that come out of them can be quite short so depending on where you put them in the case wiring might be a bit awkward but I managed it ok and kept it neat.

The case i'm using is quite small so hopefully that wont be a problem but thanks will head out in next day or two to pick one up

Cruel! :D:P

Needs CCFLs though IMHO! :p

No. No. No. NONONNO

CCFL's are the devils work. Its all about Minimilism...Milininism..... Keeping it simple.. Much like myself ;)

• Advertisement

Ah c'mon, not garish fugly clashing ones or anything :eek: Just tasteful ones to make the insides actually visible to the naked eye :D:P

No. No. No. NONONNO

CCFL's are the devils work. Its all about Minimilism...Milininism..... Keeping it simple.. Much like myself ;)
    If the uv lights get the water to change orange I dont mind what way they turn out in the case, will try hide them though so you cant see them looking in the case.

Usually the preferred mount locations are at the top and bottom near the window side, shining inward onto the components. That way they're hidden just above and below the window ;)

Usually the preferred mount locations are at the top and bottom near the window side, shining inward onto the components. That way they're hidden just above and below the window ;)

I was thinking of trying that but the psu might get in the way for the bottom one and make that too bright so would have then moved it to the drive bay where my second rad is going to go.

I'm more of a stealh builder these days. After going for a full red watercooling setup, only to turn pink, it's no wonder why really. I've just picked up a MM UFO from ebay for cheap cheap, so i think my next build will be to try and hide all the watercooling in the seperate compartment. I guess im getting old, i want my pc to be quiet, fast and not attract the attention of scobes from miles around.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 visco

About 3 weeks since i built this, and i can't be happier. First build, so cable management isn't the greatest, but it does the job.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with components in my thread :)

Pics:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/viscolex/Photo0392.jpg
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/viscolex/Photo0393.jpg
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/viscolex/Photo0395.jpg

Specs are as follows:

Mobo: MSI 870U-G55
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955
    RAM: Corsair 4 GB DDR3-1600
    GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 460 OC - 1 GB GDDR5
    HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 Hard Drive - 1 TB - 7200 rpm - 32 MB
    Case: Advance NeoXblade 8813B PC Tower Case - black
    PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W PC Power Unit(over-kill, but I like over-kill)
    DVD-DR: Samsung SH-S223C 22x Internal DVD±RW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'm more of a stealh builder these days. After going for a full red watercooling setup, only to turn pink, it's no wonder why really. I've just picked up a MM UFO from ebay for cheap cheap, so i think my next build will be to try and hide all the watercooling in the seperate compartment. I guess im getting old, i want my pc to be quiet, fast and not attract the attention of scobes from miles around.

We're in the same boat apparently. My last build I went all out with LEDs, CCFLs... now I'm trying to make a non-descript, plain, quiet rig... that is still murderously powerful. :)

Cable management comes with time. The first few pc's i made back in the 90's were hideous. These days, you can't even see a single cable. The more you build the more tips and tricks you will pick up :)
    visco wrote: »
    About 3 weeks since i built this, and i can't be happier. First build, so cable management isn't the greatest, but it does the job.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with components in my thread :)

Pics:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/viscolex/Photo0392.jpg
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/viscolex/Photo0393.jpg
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/viscolex/Photo0395.jpg

Specs are as follows:

Mobo: MSI 870U-G55
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955
    RAM: Corsair 4 GB DDR3-1600
    GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 460 OC - 1 GB GDDR5
    HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 Hard Drive - 1 TB - 7200 rpm - 32 MB
    Case: Advance NeoXblade 8813B PC Tower Case - black
    PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W PC Power Unit(over-kill, but I like over-kill)
    DVD-DR: Samsung SH-S223C 22x Internal DVD±RW

Cable management comes with time. The first few pc's i made back in the 90's were hideous. These days, you can't even see a single cable. The more you build the more tips and tricks you will pick up :)
    hell ye on that and a hole cutter always helps and sleeving of course oh how i hate sleeving but so worth it :D:D

• Advertisement

decided to order these while was looking through ebay for something else :)http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290525343847&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT Hope there the right ones.

Advertisement