Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That chair, it lets it all down. Your eyes may be like this :eek: but your ass will be likr :mad: Proper chairage is crucial to any setup.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

gmtfYh.jpg
    XwmInh.jpg

First build, first attempt at cable management :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Thanks for reviving this thread! I was disappointed to see it was no longer stickied on the top of the building and upgrading page! How did you find those cable wrap things, were they easy enough to apply? I like the look of them. Just one case fan or is there any I can't see? What graphics card did you put in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

are you talking about the cable sleeving or the the cable ties?
    if your talking about the cable sleeving the psu come pre-sleeved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Yep, sleeving that's the one. Oh right ok, sorry I must have been looking at it funny! Have you tried feeding any of the cables in behind the plate for the motherboard? In the gap between the plate and the removable side panel?

• Advertisement

No, I haven't, but the cables are a little bit short so I think I'm stuck with the direct-route approach.

Just one case fan or is there any I can't see? What graphics card did you put in it?
    Yep, the case is a Thermaltake V3 which has just the one 120 mm fan. Ventilation seems pretty good though. Might pick up another fan in Maplin's this afternoon, although I'm not sure if I could fit one between the RAM and the top of the case..
    Speaking of the case, it has built-in motherboard stand-offs which kind of freaked me out as I wasn't sure you were meant to screw the mobo directly to the case, so to speak.
    Graphics card is an ASUS 6850. Bit of an ASUS fanboy after my Eee PC 1000H, and AnandTech picked it as the top of the 6850s they reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Baza210 wrote: »
    No, I haven't, but the cables are a little bit short so I think I'm stuck with the direct-route approach.

Here is the same psu in a build I did for a mate as you can see with a bit of work can get the cables behind and looks alot better. You might have to put the 8pin through the cpu cut out though but it does fit. Sorry about the lights, he was going to go uv watercooled loop hence the lights.
    12022011753.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Why do the PSU manufacturers make the cables so short? honestly, if my CoolerMaster silent pro 600W PSU had cables that were just 1-2cm longer id be laughing.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Why do the PSU manufacturers make the cables so short? honestly, if my CoolerMaster silent pro 600W PSU had cables that were just 1-2cm longer id be laughing.

So they can sell you extension cables :(. I think they usually are designed for standard atx cases and anything bigger such as a haf 932 or such you need the extension cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Thread needs some lovin!
    Before crossfire:

uZwK0l.jpg

After and some cable management:
    PoAoPl.jpg

Need to tidy under the desk...sometime
    lZtWil.jpg

Bit of an upgrade, net case for my main machine which will be upgraded to an sr-2 fully watercooled between now and xmas as will need a dual cpu system and 48gb ram for work (brilliant excuse :D ). Server was moved to the utgard case and a new amd build will be done in my 690II which I bought also :)
    IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

Ahem...that is a Lanboy Air :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Using a lanboy air with watercooling? -_-

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

*spanks*

I told you, no lanboys! :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

deconduo wrote: »
    Using a lanboy air with watercooling? -_-

Given the lack of sustainable air pressure due to overventilation its probably the only way to really cool anything in one of those eyesores :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Solitaire wrote: »
    Given the lack of sustainable air pressure due to overventilation its probably the only way to really cool anything in one of those eyesores :p

Well if you add about 14 fans it works out ok :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Only 14? :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

New "24" monitors & CPU cooler next on list-and a 2nd 6970 funds permitting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Loving that case, what is it?

Why new monitors, surely the current setup is more than adequate?

• Advertisement

Loving that case, what is it?

Why new monitors, surely the current setup is more than adequate?

The case is a silverstone FT02, just got it today :)

Currently have 1 no. 22" DVI @75 hz dvi as centre and 2 no. 22" VGA @ 60 hz. This mix of vga & DVI causes tearing on some games, so planning on 3 no. DVI's and may as well go 24" while at it.

Suggestions for next upgrade: mechanical keyboard and some decent headphones.

Suggestions for next upgrade: mechanical keyboard and some decent headphones.

http://www.daskeyboard.com/ and Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Good suggestions. I would go for a tenkeyless as they are often better for gaming in terms of posture, but seeing as you're left-handed it doesn't matter.

Good suggestions. I would go for a tenkeyless as they are often better for gaming in terms of posture, but seeing as you're left-handed it doesn't matter.

could always try and get your hands on a model M! I may be a lefty, but use my mouse with my right hand :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Burgo wrote: »
    if your going with one of those keyboards, don't forget to purchase the earplugs their offering too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

so this is what i started with. i had to build a few machines.
    172676.jpg

and this is how my baby came out:
    172680.jpg

more? OK.
    my poor attempt at cable management:o
    172679.jpg

whats that? you wanted more you say?

TA-DA!:p
    172678.jpg

and running..
    172677.jpg

the red fan to help cool the cards is an idea shamelessly stolen from Flaccus.
    what ever happened to him??:confused:

the CPU cooler is stolen from my old rig because i ran out of funds. it does a good job though keeping the CPU under 50*C @4ghz under prime95.

as it stands for now, my specs are:
    Corsair graphite 600t
    Asrock Z68-Extreme4
    Powercolor 6950CF
    i5-2500k (soon to be big OC)
    8gb G.Skill ripjawX 1600mhz
    Akasa Freedom Tower Cooler
    Intel x25-m gen2 80GB SSD
    Samsung F3 1Tb
    XFX 850W Pro
    :)

Future changes:
    window side panel
    shorter CF cable if i can be arsed looking for it
    a second SSD to RAID0
    small SSD as RTcache for the samsung,
    and some water all round if i can get plates to fit the custom PCB of the cards.

sorry for the big pics, i resized them a load and anymore ruined the aspect ratio

and my retired gaming PC now HTPC/Server specs are:

CM Storm Scout
    CM silent pro 600W modular
    MSI 770-G45
    4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
    GTX460
    Phenom II X4 B55
    2Tb HDD

(pics to follow)

it'll be used as a dedicated game server with a cat5e cable to the UPC 100mb package.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^^Cool build! Like the case!
    Anpost says my order is "on route to customer". Can't wait to start building my PC!!

Nice setup Tea Bag. Best of luck with it.

Re. cable management, the best thing to use i find is a bag of 100mm tie wraps & stickyback tie wrap blocks like these.

WgrpABM-A-B.jpg

Bag of 50 for about €5-7 froom Radionics, Demesne or Eastern electrical or similar elec. distributor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Actually when you posted the question about the 6950 temps earlier I was going to ask you about your build as I knew you had been working on one. Always like to see a 6950CF build! And its a great looking case

Did you do a 6970CF build also?
    Tea_Bag wrote: »
    the red fan to help cool the cards is an idea shamelessly stolen from Flaccus.
    what ever happened to him??:confused:

I thought you might know since he is from your part of the country! It was actaully his 600T build that made me really want to get this case.

Advertisement