Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

game4it70 wrote: »
    He would have gained more by cooling the gfx card instead.

I actually think its very messy looking albeit with some very nice hardware.

+1,
    No head nor tail to that at all. He just picked the most expensive mish-mash of overpriced go faster striped components for gobshítes. I'd do much better on less than half the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    +1,
    No head nor tail to that at all. He just picked the most expensive mish-mash of overpriced go faster striped components for gobshítes. I'd do much better on less than half the budget.

Do I see a build contest in the near future? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Here a couple of bad pics of my unfinished water setup.
    It should give you an idea of what you would expect to get for the silly money he is looking for.

I still have a few finishing touches left before i decide on what colour to paint the case.

hpim1471copy.th.jpg

hpim1454.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MMiskella

Here a couple of bad pics of my unfinished water setup.
    It should give you an idea of what you would expect to get for the silly money he is looking for.

I still have a few finishing touches left before i decide on what colour to paint the case.

hpim1471copy.th.jpg

hpim1454.th.jpg

Is that 1/2" tubing, EK blocks and reservoir?

Do I see a build contest in the near future? :pac:

Certainly, can I borrow Your Credit card :pac:

• Advertisement

MMiskella wrote: »
    Is that 1/2" tubing, EK blocks and reservoir?
    Its 7/16" ID 5/8" OD hose and yeah EK blocks and res.

Don't own one....sorry! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I'd do much better on less than half the budget.
    Ahhh, but can it play Minecraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What kind of budget would you need Póg to build a quality gaming rig ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What kind of budget would you need Póg to build a quality gaming rig ?

For Me, not much, see I mostly buy new and 2nd hand parts on adverts. My watercooled case was second hand, I just put my bits into it. My ssd was new from adverts also, My raptors are 4 years old, My q9550 bought on ebay.com. I've been gathering a collection of quality parts for years, having 2 sisters in the states is handy too. The Young fella has another gaming pc (and media server), so His pc gets My hand-me-downs, nothing goes to waste, very little gets sold. His hand-me-downs usually get moved to the server, its a continuous cycle in this house. Gpu is the usual thing I buy new but this ones lasting a while as games aren't really pushing things anymore, its my next upgrade though.

You could build a very decent watercooled pc with latest top of the range gpu, ssd & 2Tb storage for €1500, spending any more than that doesn't get You any better performance, its just showing off. There's no value in Intel extreme edition cpu's, they don't clock any higher. The 4Gb toxic gpu isn't value, no game will ever use half of that vram, 4Gb on a gpu is overkill, 2 of them is madness........Sorry Flaccus, I do admire Your rigs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Finally got my new(first build) finished.
    And many thanks to you good folk here that has anwered all my PM`s and posts during my build...Cheers to ye;)

My rig consists of:
    Case:FRACTAL DESIGN-DEFINE R3 Black Pearl
    Fans: 7x Noctua NF-P12-1300 (4 intake and 3 exhaust)
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4
    Cpu: Intel Core i5-760
    Cpu cooler: Noctua nh-d14
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600
    GFX card: Club 3D Radeon 6870 1024MB
    GFX cooler: Gelid Solutions Icy Vision Rev.2 VGA Cooler
    Hdd: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB
    Cd drive: LG GH22LP20 schwarz lightscribe bare
    Psu: Xilence Power 750 Watt
    O.S: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Here`s a pic of the guts of it...Its not the tidiest rig around but its no show piece....:D

[IMG][/img]IMG_0064.jpg

Here is what im squeezing out of it(stable)
    furmark:
    3d mark vantage: http://3dmark.com/3dmv/2833783
    3d mark 11: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/345814
    OCCT core temps:
    CPU1:

CPU2:
    CPU3:
    Vcore

The extra fans are doing a great job of moving the hot air out and keeping the cool stuff in the case..
    Im getting 68c running prime flat out and 73c with 20 runs of linX @4.2ghz

Future plans for it will be a corsair AX 850 watt psu and another 6870 for pig iron...

Suppose I should throw mine in here :)

BA2CCC2473994B329B1BAFE9BE94A7A6-0000315821-0002108600-00800L-D2188F2E4C5A4298994BBBF369124EFB.jpg

3DC72F21BC3644D583F430271219FC4C-0000315821-0002108599-00800L-4169346D0FA14DD0BF79A84896C68B38.jpg

Case: CM Stacker 832
    Mobo: Asus Maximus formula x38
    CPU: e6600 @ 3.2GHz
    RAM: 4gb Geil ddr2 pc6400 @400MHz
    GFX: PNY Geforce GTX 460 @ 850/1700/4100
    HDDs: 150GB WD Raptor X, 74GB Raptor X, 1tb drive of some sort, 160gb drive and a 250gb one.
    PSU: <m Mushkin 650W
    Dvd/cd drives: Asus QuieTrack DVD-RW/Lightscribe | Sony DVD-R

Not too bad with cable management considering the stacker has no holes for it!

Also, whoever notices something odd in the piccy gets a cookie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

is it the cpu cooler is facing the wrong way

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

No, it's his lack of a coherent colour scheme throughout!!

Also, 400Mhz Ram, is there something odd about that? Or perhaps its the mysterious whereabouts of his PSU that he's referring to??

massy086 wrote: »
    is it the cpu cooler is facing the wrong way

*cookie*

Had to be mounted that way IIRC, due to some stuff on the mobo getting the the way...

Also, the fan in the cooler is facing the 'wrong' way... if you look closely you'll see the direction difference between the black/silver curves.

As for my lack of a colour scheme....:pac:

I could change the rear exhaust fan to a tri-colour one if you'd like, just to go along with the lack of any? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

when do i get my cookie

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzbJETkiHqi9TikXLXULasO2cF4KuKkESOpXhIJ4VnJhUrUXUy

It's in the post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I just got my U2311H, not gonna lie, its awesome on a whole new level ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Flaccus is selling his rig. Yours for €3,800.
    http://www.adverts.ie/389203

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Flaccus is selling his rig. Yours for €3,800.
    http://www.adverts.ie/389203

Flaccus SOLD his rig, 50 mins ago for 3.3k :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

Flaccus SOLD his rig, 50 mins ago for 3.3k :eek: :eek: :eek:

3.3k. jahsas..what recesion?:eek:
    Nice bit of kit though

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dwighet wrote: »
    3.3k. jahsas..what recesion?:eek:

According to him thats a 1.7K Loss though. Musta worked up a serious tab at the local.

According to him thats a 1.7K Loss though. Musta worked up a serious tab at the local.

thats a lot of coin to spend to play crysis;)
    But each to there own...

That reminds me I must go and fix up my tab at the local(pub that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Got a sound card today :)

p5ze.jpg

Excuse the horrible pic. quality...iPhone camera :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Posts moved due to off-topicness and the fact that the sexually-charged atmosphere they created was distracting people from posting their rigs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

My work in progress. Wires are messy as its just being tested for leaks not connected, just pulled tissue out too take pic. Disappointed with the colour as had hoped for a darker orange, it looks green unless something is behind it :( and I ordered silver 90deg bends by mistake instead of same as the other bits :(.This is my first proper watercooled pc. The screens will look alot better when my new desk is collected tomorrow. Also my old reliable htpc, thats next for the upgrade from core2duo to sandybridge :)
    IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg

deceit wrote: »
    My work in progress. Wires are messy as its just being tested for leaks not connected, just pulled tissue out too take pic. Disappointed with the colour as had hoped for a darker orange, it looks green unless something is behind it :( and I ordered silver 90deg bends by mistake instead of same as the other bits :(.This is my first proper watercooled pc. The screens will look alot better when my new desk is collected tomorrow. Also my old reliable htpc, thats next for the upgrade from core2duo to sandybridge :)

Yeah shame about the colours as it does look green to me :(

Sill question but where the hell are the cables from the psu as the res looks very close to where they would be normally?

Whats the loop order?

Yeah shame about the colours as it does look green to me :(

Sill question but where the hell are the cables from the psu as the res looks very close to where they would be normally?

Whats the loop order?

They are tucked in neatly behind it. It goes res, pump, rad, block. Its only temp until I figure out what is the best way to put another rad in as I wanted a drive bay res but then there is not enough space for the second rad there so might have too lay it along the bottom.

deceit wrote: »
    They are tucked in neatly behind it. It goes res, pump, rad, block. Its only temp until I figure out what is the best way to put another rad in as I wanted a drive bay res but then there is not enough space for the second rad there so might have too lay it along the bottom.

Nice job hiding those cables.

If you only cooling the cpu a double rad will be fine depending on what rad/fans your using.

I would have thought there would be enough room for a drive bay res and rad in the bays but if not the bottom would work if you cut the case so theres enough air getting in.

• Advertisement

Nice job hiding those cables.

If you only cooling the cpu a double rad will be fine depending on what rad/fans your using.

I would have thought there would be enough room for a drive bay res and rad in the bays but if not the bottom would work if you cut the case so theres enough air getting in.

Thanks, at the bottom there is already fan ducts. There is a 3.5" drive bay that takes up 4 slots so it would just fit the rad in perfectly with no space above or below it left. I could just put the rad in and move the pump a bit forward instead and keep the res I have now, I plan on cooling the gpu also. The machine is really quiet, I expected it too be much louder, can barely hear the pump with the matt below it.

Advertisement