Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Added a new AIO today, running much cooler now, finally completes my build (till I get bored and buy more :D )

Yeah, yeah.. RGB.. Not a "fan" of RGB fans though, just like a little is all...

>MSI Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard
    >Arctic exhaust fan

Copycat! :pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

This photo just tells me I need to clean the glass case a little. But will be opening it and closing again when I get white cables..
    Any tips on how to tidy it up? Wish I had a second psu cable, dont like the daisy chain on the card..

dFH1nPp.jpg

2QSJxwe.jpg
    Under desk still a bit of a mess, cable is for oculus link.

Feel like losing some smaller ssds and sticking in an m2.

The back is a bit terrifying..
    https://i.imgur.com/S8O5tRI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    >MSI Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard
    >Arctic exhaust fan

Copycat! :pac::cool:

We just have good taste :cool:

Funnily enough I built the PC back in December, just added the AIO in recently. Had the Wraith Max cooler which is grand but a bit noisy where as I love pure silence. AIO runs silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Shlippery wrote: »
    This photo just tells me I need to clean the glass case a little. But will be opening it and closing again when I get white cables..
    Any tips on how to tidy it up? Wish I had a second psu cable, dont like the daisy chain on the card..

Under desk still a bit of a mess, cable is for oculus link.

Feel like losing some smaller ssds and sticking in an m2.

The back is a bit terrifying..
    https://i.imgur.com/S8O5tRI.jpg

Lovely looking build, I'd personally route the GPU power cable through the back grommet and over the back of the GPU but thats just personal preference!

I'd have a field day cleaning the cables at the back for ya :D:D

I'd 100% recommend the M.2's. Adata's XPG ones are fantastic and amazingly fast.

Lovely looking build, I'd personally route the GPU power cable through the back grommet and over the back of the GPU but thats just personal preference!

I'd have a field day cleaning the cables at the back for ya :D:D

I'd 100% recommend the M.2's. Adata's XPG ones are fantastic and amazingly fast.

1tb m2 ordered (have a 970 already in one slot, but may as well fill the other and see if I can use one of my cluttered ssds at the back in another machine, and will try re route the gpu cable when my white extensions arrive!

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    G502 for daily browsing/work, Razer Mamba wireless for action / FPS games where I don't want to be tied down.

USB fan, 100% recommended. My room gets stuffy AF.

PSU cables are actually cable extensions - universal fit to any PSU. I got mine from China but there are cheap Silverstone models on Amazon.

Back on PSU cables - I picked up a phanteks set of extension, looking to put them in later. Q: re the GPU.

Right now I've just one cable from PSU with the daisy chain 6+2 / 8 pin going into my 2080, and as far as I'm aware and have searched online -that's "ok" or doesn't make any difference.

So here's this crude image I robbed off some forums where it wasn't directly answered - https://imgur.com/oioZ1q6

I'm scenario C - would that work ? or would it be safer to scavenge around for the second cable and go scenrio D

Now I may have a second cable back in my home house which I can't get to right now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Realised I never posted my PC after the changeover to AMD and you all helping and read about my stress. I also in the end just said ****it and bought a whole new case, AIO and some RGB fans. Delighted with how it looks and works and finally this is the PC I wanted.

This is it now for min 3 years, and I've decided every cycle to just buy a whole new rig. No longer doing my bit by bit upgrades I've done over the last 10 years. Loved the pciking parts, the building, made me remember how it used to be. Could have done without all the AMD issues mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Looks great my man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks good but that CPU power cable placement is hurting my eyes.

Was there no way it could come out from the top somewhere?

BloodBath wrote: »
    Looks good but that CPU power cable placement is hurting my eyes.

Was there no way it could come out from the top somewhere?

haha the one that's going upward into the motherboard?

I'm using that PSU years, have sworn new build will have modular. The cables look ****e and its a horrid mess to use and cable manage with. I actually hard a minor heart attach as for ages I couldn't get that cable into the motherboard, as the case has a lovely PSU cover. Eventually got it in but my god it is tight

Next build will have modular PSU with custom sleeves, for definite.

Cable management hasn't ever been my strong suit but really tried with this and think I gave it my best shot with what I was working with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If the PSU is like my old build the cable was too short to run around the back of case and down from the top to the CPU power socket so I had to run it straight from PSU across the front of the MB to the socket.

Saying that though the PSU is a champ as that build is still working 11 years later with an overclocked hexa core CPU for roughly 6 years. And an overclocked 4 core i7 before that with power hungry GPU's in there also. R9 290, R9 Fury X, Rx Vega 56 and Rx 5700 XT for a short while.

If the PSU is like my old build the cable was too short to run around the back of case and down from the top to the CPU power socket so I had to run it straight from PSU across the front of the MB to the socket.

Saying that though the PSU is a champ as that build is still working 11 years later with an overclocked hexa core CPU for roughly 6 years. And an overclocked 4 core i7 before that with power hungry GPU's in there also. R9 290, R9 Fury X, Rx Vega 56 and Rx 5700 XT for a short while.

Yup that's what I have had to do in my last few builds. Dips under the little rivert gap of a GPU, across the MB into the top socket.

Like yourself, had my PSU a very long time. Although probably could do with replacing, but at this point, can't be arsed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Best mate is a pilot who's ground-bound in Italy, so I helped him ascend remotely.

KEDF0x5.jpg
    CHLayRN.jpg

Shout-out to djan for getting me a deal on a used RX 470 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any idea what desky shelfy that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Why is the shroud on the Ryzen coolers always wonky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭djan

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Why is the shroud on the Ryzen coolers always wonky?

For some reason AMD thought it would be a good idea to make the mounting holes in a rectangular shape so it can only be put two ways, of which neither is with the AMD writing facing normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It not a fault either that's the way they designed them to be.

It not a fault either that's the way they designed them to be.

But why would anyone want a horizontal logo/branding mounted vertically? It doesn't serve a function just aesthetics anyway but still :rolleyes:

Dcully wrote: »
    Any idea what desky shelfy that is?

It's an IKEA wall-mounted kitchen table of some kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

djan wrote: »
    But why would anyone want a horizontal logo/branding mounted vertically? It doesn't serve a function just aesthetics anyway but still :rolleyes:

They are adjustable, if you want to rotate its only 4 screws
    -zVcZFbWp0WeV-boYiqms8PjokmGp4NK6B8PnhiSPFu0GVZnIo1vnyR_-8GtNDatUhIjpjIICbEwQ-RlSfl4LoBSn_0d2V_4FFVDIiuqVGtMDyXLa20gXmz5JBA5abk_oJ_SebN2db6HjfwHawoIM7APRYXmc1tb2BAsgJ8eifp84XFnJaRKXwrzvNSutkb15yOGyDGcFDpqNlCZ_UHMOKkG2Q2ikd6xIxXyr_XrrXiJ4zoVGGNIXMNAjUvsQ1Pmr7rQnJG33w8_-tZa2MNfh4QJtGTt1kWvFLEULLT_QqCp2So8gmtu4pTGKabfQIYEcQABOyNk1EePTXNVy3bxuJQWztnFL-xjXa2To9PtfRd51IVYiUnMIKuVmleB7F30izDvcg1oWXuGXxviGev98zIit6hLTvF2LmMFSPUzuQzcoqpytyZlTuxEeuJvAdgyA2qoVdMh61vPeVYuci0Evuc1AwkqHih2_BDppYSBob0YZ-MZzue1dGnJ96jLKqTBf_9pT8kHKybXi0ZVCwkFcQD86tH6Rvjk5oPRo2NA_xgk0LT7IHLsswLoMa6uxCC53768LWvLbRvVQOwLqaKASCD2TaRcQBQh5_YrbAX9VyvSNxDSLdJK8_JM5ED2yhBBBYKJ_rlZVQXjZYRECHEbR_HvPv8vzXGrCojcyuyYjaRuGsX34jR_o1aj0VVWJg=w493-h657-no?authuser=0

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nice invisible RAM, where can I get a set?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

ED E wrote: »
    Nice invisible RAM, where can I get a set?

:pac:

I downloaded mine from Overclockers , best bang for the buck upgrade so far

projectgtr wrote: »
    They are adjustable, if you want to rotate its only 4 screws
    -zVcZFbWp0WeV-boYiqms8PjokmGp4NK6B8PnhiSPFu0GVZnIo1vnyR_-8GtNDatUhIjpjIICbEwQ-RlSfl4LoBSn_0d2V_4FFVDIiuqVGtMDyXLa20gXmz5JBA5abk_oJ_SebN2db6HjfwHawoIM7APRYXmc1tb2BAsgJ8eifp84XFnJaRKXwrzvNSutkb15yOGyDGcFDpqNlCZ_UHMOKkG2Q2ikd6xIxXyr_XrrXiJ4zoVGGNIXMNAjUvsQ1Pmr7rQnJG33w8_-tZa2MNfh4QJtGTt1kWvFLEULLT_QqCp2So8gmtu4pTGKabfQIYEcQABOyNk1EePTXNVy3bxuJQWztnFL-xjXa2To9PtfRd51IVYiUnMIKuVmleB7F30izDvcg1oWXuGXxviGev98zIit6hLTvF2LmMFSPUzuQzcoqpytyZlTuxEeuJvAdgyA2qoVdMh61vPeVYuci0Evuc1AwkqHih2_BDppYSBob0YZ-MZzue1dGnJ96jLKqTBf_9pT8kHKybXi0ZVCwkFcQD86tH6Rvjk5oPRo2NA_xgk0LT7IHLsswLoMa6uxCC53768LWvLbRvVQOwLqaKASCD2TaRcQBQh5_YrbAX9VyvSNxDSLdJK8_JM5ED2yhBBBYKJ_rlZVQXjZYRECHEbR_HvPv8vzXGrCojcyuyYjaRuGsX34jR_o1aj0VVWJg=w493-h657-no?authuser=0

My god never even bother to check if it could be moved. Thank you so much! Been really annoying me, especially with the glass side panel. First world problems or what ey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

G510 was olllld so I've finally upgraded to a mech. Cherry Brown G610. I had a sidewinder mouse, it failed, MS gave me that Wireless Mouse 5000 which I've been using for years but its starting to be slightly unreliable which is frustrating in games.

CVsjFBw.gif

Excuse the surface of the desk, seen a few too many hot plates of junk food.

The new keyboard looks a lot cleaner then the old one. Not in the dirty sense, just a much better design.

Yeah, though the old one was fairly manky too. Hard to clean properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

ED E wrote: »
    G510 was olllld so I've finally upgraded to a mech. Cherry Brown G610. I had a sidewinder mouse, it failed, MS gave me that Wireless Mouse 5000 which I've been using for years but its starting to be slightly unreliable which is frustrating in games.

Excuse the surface of the desk, seen a few too many hot plates of junk food.

I have the same G610 with brown switches for about 1 1/2 - 2 years an I love it.

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »
    I have the same G610 with brown switches for about 1 1/2 - 2 years an I love it.

Is your spacebar way inferior to the rest of the keys too? (mine was trashed by the courier so it might be a bit special).

Advertisement