Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

I'm good at cable managing PC's but unfortunately i don't have any sockets under or near my desk so have to use extensions. I might drape something from the cable management bar to hide the stuff on the ground.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's an IKEA Ekbacken kitchen worktop. The legs are Alex drawers and I got eight small casters from Amazon so I can move the whole thing a bit easier.

how is the table attached?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,808 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hyzepher wrote: »
    how is the table attached?

I did have the counter top just lying on the drawers. It never moved but when I put the casters on I used two screws on each side from underneath the drawers to secure the top so it would stay put when moving the whole thing.

Anyone watch Jayztwocents video of his new game room? Looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Anyone watch Jayztwocents video of his new game room? Looks amazing.

Saw that. Looks the business alright. tempted to mount my TV a similar way with back board :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

I just spotted that the pictures i posted (via phone) didnt upload correctly on my last post...

Lets try this again....

[IMG][/img]pic%202.jpg

[IMG][/img]pic%201.jpg

[IMG][/img]pic%203.jpg

[IMG][/img]87468833_188907595668094_8088022420276903936_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Taking the lock-down to do some long overdue upgrades. Only the RTX 2080ti came over from the old machine and some large SSD's. That GPU was expensive but its had a really great lifespan so far and absolutely mashes frames. For the first time in 15 years I am back to AMD, and I went all RGB this time, although prefering the clean black and white theme. I am a bit pissed that although they are all corsair RGB some of the whites are blue and some are very white, end up setting some to a blue tone to match in.

Use my machine for work, some webinars, gaming (VR mostly Valve index) and some light video processing. Seems the best spec at the moment without going totally bonkers. Shifted all my old parts on adverts no problem.

Specs:
    Case: Corsair Carbide Spec 06
    Fans: LL120 Corsair RGB
    CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
    Mobo: Asus X570-pro Prime.
    GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC ULtra
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 Dual Channel
    Main SSD: Corsair Mp600 Gen 4.
    Cooler: Corsair h100i Platinum SE RGB
    PSU: Corsair rx850 white.
    Storage : Various Sata SSD and a scratch disk on a Samsung NVME 950 pro 256gb.

20200403-205659.jpg
    20200403-205709.jpg
    IMG-6973.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

JIgRYzSl.jpg

HEVnplvl.jpg

IuP8JSbl.jpg

Main Specs:

Ryzen 5-3600X / NZXT Kraken X72
    MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
    RTX 2070 Super / Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II
    16Gb Patriot DDR4-3600 CL17
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG
    EVGA 850 GQ PSU

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

What's the card below your gpu KO?

BloodBath wrote: »
    What's the card below your gpu KO?

An ARGB GPU support bracket :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Main Specs:

Ryzen 5-3600X / NZXT Kraken X72
    MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
    RTX 2070 Super / Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II
    16Gb Patriot DDR4-3600 CL17
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG
    EVGA 850 GQ PSU
    Nice job. That takes me back seeing those HDDs. When I removed all mechanical drives from my main desktop a number of years back I couldn't get over the silence as a result.

How do you find the Fractal R6? Are there any rattles?

I have my server in the R5, and while it's a great case to work in, it's got an annoying issue where the dust filter can rattle if a number of the hard drives spin up. Took a bit of a creative solution to fix.

The Define R6 is probably the most solid & thought-out case I've worked in and owned.
    The only thing I regret is wasting money on constant fan changes - I'm sure the standard Fractal fans would've sufficed all things told, I just wanted to go Noctua.

Talking of fans, since posting the above I decided to strap 2x120mm fans to the GPU - same thermal performance, but lower noise.
    However the implementation is a bit janky.
    So I found a "240" mm fan frame to make it cleaner.
    Should be here in a few weeks, more pics then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The Define R6 is probably the most solid & thought-out case I've worked in and owned.
    The only thing I regret is wasting money on constant fan changes - I'm sure the standard Fractal fans would've sufficed all things told, I just wanted to go Noctua.

Talking of fans, since posting the above I decided to strap 2x120mm fans to the GPU - same thermal performance, but lower noise.
    However the implementation is a bit janky.
    So I found a "240" mm fan frame to make it cleaner.
    Should be here in a few weeks, more pics then...

On my Define R5, my rear exhaust Fractal fan started to screech a little so ended up switching all out to Noctua, so I would have done that myself regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I cheaped out on the fans myself but wasn't disappointed.

Got this Arctic 5 pack and they are great. Quiet with good airflow and they should last a while.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HC7P3HJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bit of a refresh for the Summer.

511749.jpg

511750.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Very clean!

What’s the headphone setup you have going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Pull the sticker off the monitor :eek:

marko93 wrote: »
    Very clean!

What’s the headphone setup you have going there?

It's a Fiio K5 Pro Amp/Dac and a set of Drop/HifiMan HE4XX.

I collect headphones and that's the one's getting used this week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Your an audiophile. I'm the complete opposite cheap set of headphones and mp3's sound perfectly good to me.

Your an audiophile. I'm the complete opposite cheap set of headphones and mp3's sound perfectly good to me.

Like most people really. Music is my first passion and i just love to get the best sound i can afford (to my ears anyway). I collect vinyl too so like a good setup to listen to it all.

511756.jpg

• Advertisement

Sounds (pun intended) like an expensive hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

It's a Fiio K5 Pro Amp/Dac and a set of Drop/HifiMan HE4XX.

I collect headphones and that's the one's getting used this week. :pac:

Oh very nice, I wasn't sure what HifiMans they were but had an idea based on that headband alone! :pac:

The K5 looks great, I've been looking at the Schiit Hella/Fulla lately and very tempted to pull the trigger on one or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The boards image host is f'''cked for many users right now, please use imgur or other instead until they short their stuff out.

Was wondering why the site is crawling on desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"Clear your cookies" is almost like "have you turned it off and on again" but in this case it actually works for the desktop site but not touch nor images. 15.5s down to 150ms to load the main page.

ED E wrote: »
    "Clear your cookies" is almost like "have you turned it off and on again" but in this case it actually works for the desktop site but not touch nor images. 15.5s down to 150ms to load the main page.

Reminds me of my first two months at GMIT. At an introductory meeting the woman was praising how fast the internet was and when she went on it at home it was much slower but something happened the first week in college the internet went to shít. Really slow a second or two quicker than boards.ie site currently is but this was with every website. It was a couple of weeks before they fixed the problem. I forget what the issue was. But I was glad when the fixed it a bit like how glad I will be when they fix this site.

That worked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

It still baffles me that in 2020 boards haven’t invested in updating there site. Don’t get me wrong I love boards but when I use this site it feels like I have gone back in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

OSI wrote: »
    It runs on an absolute bare minimum budget. They don't even pay for hosting, if they had to it wouldn't exist. They've made a couple of attempts to refresh the site in terms of look and functionality and got completely turn to shreds by the user base every time.

Can't imagine the boards community taking well to change. haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

This is Boards v.2 anyway (that I know of). Back in the 00's it had a light blue/grey theme and a much more Windows 98 look.

I remember thinking they Facebookised it with this scheme, but facebook doesnt look like this anymore.

I lost my account in a big hack in 2010 and couldnt remember my password, hence 2ndcoming.

Advertisement