Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rob2D wrote: »
    Looks good. If you're ever getting rid of that case, gimme a shout. Getting harder and harder to find decent cases with front bays in them. It all just stupid flat glass now.

There's still good cases from the last few years:

Cooler Master MasterCase 5 / MC500 series
    be quiet Silent Base 600
    Fractal Design R5 / R6
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I've my Unraid server in the Enthoo Pro, it was a dream to build in tbh. Cable management is child's play in it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

glynf wrote: »
    This Silverstone TJ11 on adverts would be a good option if you require front bays. Bomb-proof build quality & huge amount of space to build in....starting to talk myself into buying it now...

Now that's a man's case right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

NH-D15 installed.

502114.jpg

Very nice dude. That black noctua cooler look fantastic!

Did you find an improvement since fitting it? Trying to decide between noctua, bequiet, Arctic duo at the moment.

Did you change the nzxt case?

It's idling at 26C and 54C under load so similar to my last AIO. The GPU fans are louder.

Yea, wasn't a fan of temps in that NZXT case. The Lian Li is perfect.

• Advertisement

It's idling at 26C and 54C under load so similar to my last AIO. The GPU fans are louder.

Yea, wasn't a fan of temps in that NZXT case. The Lian Li is perfect.

Looks very tidy.

Top quality case too. I'm going with the purebase 500 I think.... Keep changing and was leaving GPU and case to order last :(

If you're thinking of the BeQuiet i'd probably wait until they release the mesh version of it which is next month i think. The thermals would be much better than the original.

If you're thinking of the BeQuiet i'd probably wait until they release the mesh version of it which is next month i think. The thermals would be much better than the original.

Cheers.

Yeah it's supposed to be March for the 500 DX I think. Waiting is killing me :D

although I could probably leave the case until the last purchase :D

Got some fancy covers for it today in the post.

502449.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I've held off on Chromax covers for my NH-U14S, would rather they bit the bullet & released an RGB version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I've held off on Chromax covers for my NH-U14S, would rather they bit the bullet & released an RGB version.

That will take at least a decade to come to market at the speed Noctua move :pac:

Finally tidied up my desk at work today and put up my new monitor stand:

eb0BzAwl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Got some fancy covers for it today in the post.

502449.jpg

that is a nice cooler whats the performance like?

I've moved it over to my nephew's build and gone back to my AIO.

It cools great but it's still not as quiet as my AIO. I've kept the Noctua case fans though as they're the quietest fans i've ever had and really shift lots of air. Very impressed by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Here's my server. I switched the motherboard to an ASRock X470D4U & upgraded to a Ryzen 5 2600. After some memory problems, I got some Samsung branded OEM memory from ASRock's QVL list & everything is fine once again.

It's a very good board - The ASRock IPMI really is awesome. Never would I go back to not having it for my server, not once have I had to plug a monitor into or connect anything USB to this machine, just plug in the network cables & you're done. :D

Also - I found the Wraith cooler very loud on my 3700X, but it's actually very good on this board with the 2600.

504515.jpg

504516.jpg

Been thinking about getting a server myself for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My new monitor arrived last week so I finally took the time to do a case swap as well. Unfortunately my new MB braided cable was faulty and the PC wouldn't boot with it in so back to the standard black for the moment.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qgToSj6b63k9K2hy7

Very happy with how everything looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

TitianGerm wrote: »
    My new monitor arrived last week so I finally took the time to do a case swap as well. Unfortunately my new MB braided cable was faulty and the PC wouldn't boot with it in so back to the standard black for the moment.

Oh that is tidy.

That Aku Aku holding up your premium controller?

What's the little clock? Lenovo or a Google hub or a whatchamacallit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

As someone thinking about a new desk. Which desk top is that?

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    Oh that is tidy.

That Aku Aku holding up your premium controller?

What's the little clock? Lenovo or a Google hub or a whatchamacallit?

Yup Crash in his mask and an Elite Controller. Dark Souls Amibo beside it.

It's an Echo Show 5 that controls all my lights in the house. I've a Phillips Hue light strip behind the desk, a Hue Go on the window sill and Hue colour bulb in the light. Under that is a Denon Ceol Carino for sound.

Astro A50s for night time gaming on PC and Xbox One X.

Serephucus wrote: »
    As someone thinking about a new desk. Which desk top is that?

It's an IKEA Ekbacken kitchen worktop. The legs are Alex drawers and I got eight small casters from Amazon so I can move the whole thing a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Finally finished my new build

That's lovely looking. You need to add the "It ain't much, but it's mine" meme that is always posted on awesome first builds on r/pcmasterace :pac:

Is that an aftermarket RAM led kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Is that an aftermarket RAM led kit?

No, it’s Corsair RGB vengeance. Two black and two white sticks, I had a set of Corsair vengeance LP in my old rig, again two white two black that looked really well but with the ddr4 rgb kit you can’t really tell they are two different gear sinks.

Yup Crash in his mask and an Elite Controller. Dark Souls Amibo beside it.

How is the Elite? I'm still using 360 pads to this day. I've looked at the elite before but never took the plunge.

How is the Elite? I'm still using 360 pads to this day. I've looked at the elite before but never took the plunge.

I like it and have had no problems with it since I bought it at launch and I've thousand+ hours use on it. I find it very hard to use a normal pad without the paddles now. Well worth the money I paid.

Some people do have issues with the Bumpers breaking though. The newer one is meant to be much improved though but very expensive.

Looking at your desk makes me cry for my attempts at cable managing mine.

• Advertisement

Looking at your desk makes me cry for my attempts at cable managing mine.

That took about an hour with heaps of cable ties :pac:

I'll get a picture of the bottom and back of the desk later.

Advertisement