Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Lenovo Thinkcentre Edge 73 midi case. Original motherboard aswell.

I7 3770s

12gb ram (Uneven yes. Was going to just get another 4 gigs to match up to 8. They gave me a mislabled 8 gig in Cex.)

AMD 64 (Sitting on books on a riser cable. Long story there.)

Corsair 750 Watt psu (Only got this as I needed extra power for the AMD 64. Didnt really know what to do when I found out all the extra braiding on the cables would take up so much space inside the case. I was actually looking forward to cutting a hole in the side of it and adding an extended perspex panel. In the end I found I didn't need too.

511904.JPG

511905.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm simultaneously horrified & intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

L9_0dIxdFCRMiGLPXG_Xvyljknuef1sTnyUGa3gFv40ouEBNCrHJL9lQuHDF9h562WPWfY8XvEJs_3XVGqfir4jHWCQ4KC8vmaQWJe7zVnkJpGO8pYWqJcsgiic

Please tell me that's a temporary situation you have going on in that photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Putting aside that horrific assault on the retina, running your ram at 12GB will give you bad performance in a lot of games as it will be running in single channel mode.

Also intrigued that you were willing to spend £400+ on a GPU/PSU but not £25 on a new case....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Homelander wrote: »
    Putting aside that horrific assault on the retina, running your ram at 12GB will give you bad performance in a lot of games as it will be running in single channel mode.

Yes. I was worried about that. (It was a mistake that I ended up with odd ram) Every test I have run though seems to indicate it is indeed running in dual channel mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

A lot of posts on this thread have given me serious rig envy. I think we've peaked today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

And I bet you were one of those pupils who said they'd never need Irish again after leaving secondary school...

2ndcoming wrote: »
    A lot of posts on this thread have given me serious rig envy. I think we've peaked today.

Come back in ~8 hours...

Fully ready to work from home.

R9PkgMG.jpg

New GPU cooling solution.
    H0THQFn.jpg

Heatsink: Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II
    Fans: Aerocool Astro 24
    GPU bracket: EZDIY-FAB ARGB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

R9PkgMG.jpg

H0THQFn.jpg

Did you replace the monitor? What did you get?

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Did you replace the monitor? What did you get?

AOC CQ27G2U/BK

27" 1440p 144Hz

And G-Sync compatible (via FreeSync).

I got the 24" 1080 version of that monitor reently and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Exquisite taste, sir.

gHBZ47b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Homelander wrote: »
    Exquisite taste, sir.

gHBZ47b.jpg

Thank you.

In fact, I made it 200% better now.

1wBqY8zl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

[mg]https://i.imgur.com/R9PkgMG.jpg[/img]

[mg]https://i.imgur.com/H0THQFn.jpg[/img]

question time:
    • Why two mice?
    • Is that a usb fan under the monitor? - would you recommend? I had one in my cart the last day..tempting.
    • PSU cables - did you buy a white set separately? I've an RM650x and wouldn't mind getting a white set. Have a single cable with the daisy chain, 8 + 6+2 going into gpu and would prefer a tidier look..

I added a Corsair h115i XT the other day and decided I want to tidy up my own machine.. (was tempted by Kraken but I've more Corsair gear so may as well stick to one evil with iCue instead of iCue and CAM.

Shlippery wrote: »
    question time:
    • Why two mice?
    • Is that a usb fan under the monitor? - would you recommend? I had one in my cart the last day..tempting.
    • PSU cables - did you buy a white set separately? I've an RM650x and wouldn't mind getting a white set. Have a single cable with the daisy chain, 8 + 6+2 going into gpu and would prefer a tidier look..

I added a Corsair h115i XT the other day and decided I want to tidy up my own machine.. (was tempted by Kraken but I've more Corsair gear so may as well stick to one evil with iCue instead of iCue and CAM.

G502 for daily browsing/work, Razer Mamba wireless for action / FPS games where I don't want to be tied down.

USB fan, 100% recommended. My room gets stuffy AF.

PSU cables are actually cable extensions - universal fit to any PSU. I got mine from China but there are cheap Silverstone models on Amazon.

G502 for daily browsing/work, Razer Mamba wireless for action / FPS games where I don't want to be tied down.

USB fan, 100% recommended. My room gets stuffy AF.

PSU cables are actually cable extensions - universal fit to any PSU. I got mine from China but there are cheap Silverstone models on Amazon.

Interesting. Didn't realise extension cables were a thing. Could be feasible option assuming they're safe..€100 for the official corsair ones seems may be a little excessive for no functional gain.

Definitely getting the fan though!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

AOC CQ27G2U/BK

27" 1440p 144Hz

And G-Sync compatible (via FreeSync).

Whats the backlight bleed on that like? I have the CQ27G1 and its awful, particularly around the bottom.

• Advertisement

barryribs wrote: »
    Whats the backlight bleed on that like? I have the CQ27G1 and its awful, particularly around the bottom.

It's not great in 2 areas but overall tolerable.
    Grey-to-grey transitions seem a bit better than the old MSI, and G-sync doesn't flicker.

I thought VA panels are supposed to keep that sort of thing to a minimum?

Interesting. Didn't realise extension cables were a thing. Could be feasible option assuming they're safe..€100 for the official corsair ones seems may be a little excessive for no functional gain.

Definitely getting the fan though!

The Corsair ones are £80 but similar (I'd imagine, very similar) sets start from about £25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Added a new AIO today, running much cooler now, finally completes my build (till I get bored and buy more :D )

Yeah, yeah.. RGB.. Not a "fan" of RGB fans though, just like a little is all...

TMUMtSlh.jpg

GNbBohCh.jpg

hJeyAHEh.jpg

IzVBDZjh.jpg

Fc7rZQmh.jpg

Added a new AIO today, running much cooler now, finally completes my build (till I get bored and buy more :D )

Yeah, yeah.. RGB.. Not a "fan" of RGB fans though, just like a little is all...

[i

Nice, not too unlike my own, but damn those cables at the back are tidy.

Where you hiding the hdd/ssds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Yeah, **** you and your tidy cabling at the back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

He has a XPG NVMe in there.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Yeah, **** you and your tidy cabling at the back :pac:

I'll admit, I've OCD :pac:

Have an NVMe installed.

He has a XPG NVMe in there.

It's performance is fantastic, grabbing another soon when the price becomes right again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I'll admit, I've OCD :pac:

Does the header cable at the bottom not bother you then? You should route it under the motherboard or bring it up through the bottom grommet.

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »
    Does the header cable at the bottom not bother you then? You should route it under the motherboard or bring it up through the bottom grommet.

Not long enough to do either unfortunately.

Actually thinking now under the motherboard might work, I'll wait till I'm cleaning it again and will try.

Advertisement