Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

z0oT wrote: »
    I bet you got a great feeling when you pressed the power button for the 1st time? The way everything whirrs to life and you're presented with the BIOS setting screen.

Savor it - it becomes less thrilling the more you do it. :p

Well the first time I pressed the power button it didnt turn on lol.

I had the Power SW cable in the wrong slot (super tiny writing on the board I could barely read it) and then when I finally turned it on the rear fan wasn't spinning. I missed that cable too.

There is one cable I didn't plug in yet because i just don't know where it goes but it's a 4pin connector and it says something along the lines of RGB "something" but I only assume it's for something I don't actually have(?)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I really wish that those tiny connections were standardised into 1 bigger block connector.

I've had some boards that had a block that you could put all the connectors into outside of the case then just slot the block into the board. So handy but hardly anyone does it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Motherboard manual is great for when the writing is tiny.

I've had cases where those wires were individual connectors, as in each cable was a separate connection. Got rid of that case as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

That case (which is an absolute beast btw) looks like it has an integrated RGB strip near the PSU, which may be the connection you're looking for.

Great job on your first build

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

BloodBath wrote: »
    I really wish that those tiny connections were standardised into 1 bigger block connector.

I've had some boards that had a block that you could put all the connectors into outside of the case then just slot the block into the board. So handy but hardly anyone does it for some reason.
    Asus used to be the main motherboard company that used to do that, but usually only on their high end boards.

Although... I haven't owned a high end Asus board since the original Rampage Formula with the 775 socket & X48 chipset way back in 2008, which had that block connector for the front panel. Every board I've had since hasn't had it.

Have they completely stopped doing that now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Have they completely stopped doing that now?

No some boards still do it. Not that I have experience with it since I haven't bought a new boards in years but I seen it mentioned in some motherboard reviews on YouTube.

As mentioned above it seems to be only high end models that get it. Must be cost saving for not using it on all boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

BloodBath wrote: »

Yeah I got one with my first ever build, an Asus board, I've kept that block for every build since.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well the first time I pressed the power button it didnt turn on lol.

I had the Power SW cable in the wrong slot (super tiny writing on the board I could barely read it) and then when I finally turned it on the rear fan wasn't spinning. I missed that cable too.

There is one cable I didn't plug in yet because i just don't know where it goes but it's a 4pin connector and it says something along the lines of RGB "something" but I only assume it's for something I don't actually have(?)
    Did you read the manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

OSI wrote: »
    You would think so, but my current Gigabyte board came with an instruction manual that is flat out wrong. If you didn’t know what you were doing and followed it blindly the machine would never boot.
    Interesting, haven't had that misfortune yet.
    My last few boards have been Asus though, so there's some consistency with them at least.

All new Aorus mobo's come with that front panel connector gizmo. Very handy indeed.

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    You would think so, but my current Gigabyte board came with an instruction manual that is flat out wrong. If you didn’t know what you were doing and followed it blindly the machine would never boot.
    The Asus board I have in my server (B450M-A) required you to scan a QR code in the manual that took you to some shady looking Chinese site before you got the pinout for the front panel header. It's the worst I've ever had.

The board was cheap and it's been solid since though, so I can forgive. :p
    All new Aorus mobo's come with that front panel connector gizmo. Very handy indeed.
    Really? The Aorus board I have didn't come with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Did you read the manual?

I couldn't find anything in the manual relating to it. Either that or it's in there and I missed it.

I'm not at home until Monday so I'll have another look when I get back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Really? The Aorus board I have didn't come with it.

my X470 ultra Gaming came with a G connector

Gigabyte_Z170X_Gaming_G1_Slide30.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Z390 Aorus Elite came with one aswell

Yea, that's the yoke that was with my X570 Elite.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I had a high end Asus board before about 12 or 13 years ago and it had one of those blocks for plugging those small pins together, it was one of my favourite features cause of how fiddly those things can be. Seems mad that it never became a standard feature.

The ATX standard really is ancient at this point - dating back over 20 years.

It's really in need of an update - standardizing that front panel connector is just one of the things that could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The ATX standard really is ancient at this point - dating back over 20 years.

It's really in need of an update - standardizing that front panel connector is just one of the things that could be done.

The front panel connections are already standardised and have been for decades, that's how they work with all motherboard and case pairings pacman.gif
    A new connector type containing all the various headers would be a nice idea but I don't see it happening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

RTX is on and that's the last upgrade for a while.

Possibly pacman.gif

rtx.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Upgrades. Y'all need to get on my level:

xfkbAGwh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Rob2D wrote: »
    Upgrades. Y'all need to get on my level:

]

There's a lot to digest there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

My new WIP Ryzen build:
    YsTEVox.jpg
    I6HyE5p.jpg
    J3CV4dn.jpg
    nmBpjQs.jpg
    oOhKcNG.jpg
    wTjAGR0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That' some slick tube work there. Nice work.

Are they the Corsair Hydro X parts?

Are they the Corsair Hydro X parts?

Only the res/pump combo is.

The corsair fittings are rebranded bitspower fittings. I would rather then just get the originals.
    The blocks are all EK. I much prefer the look of EK blocks and I'm really not a fan of Corsair GPU blocks.

deceit wrote: »
    Only the res/pump combo is.

The corsair fittings are rebranded bitspower fittings. I would rather then just get the originals.
    The blocks are all EK. I much prefer the look of EK blocks and I'm really not a fan of Corsair GPU blocks.
    Nice work with the liquid cooling.

What CPU have you got in there currently? Are you still hanging on for a 3950X?

Nice work with the liquid cooling.

What CPU have you got in there currently? Are you still hanging on for a 3950X?
    Thanks, I bought a 3700x as a temp cpu until the 3950x is out. I will order the 3950x the day its released.
    I was just rambling through mediamarkt when I seen it on a shelf. Decided I have to have it until the other is out :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

gAlduezl.jpg
    asxoP9bl.jpg

Had to redo the layout but my Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 is installed.

Advertisement