Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Almost finished my rebuild after painting case.Leak testing atm and then tidy it up.
    Excuse the pic quality as i don't own a camera :o

0zhhw7T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Wow, that's the tidiest watercooling setup I've ever seen.

Wow, that's the tidiest watercooling setup I've ever seen.

Cheers,I'm using soft tube at the back to stop any vibrations from the pump so not as tidy.I'll take more pics (albeit low quality) when its finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Very nicely done man. That probably takes the top-spot for me of rigs I've seen here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

game4it70 Seriously clean build, fair fecking play.

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    Very nicely done man. That probably takes the top-spot for me of rigs I've seen here.
    Dcully wrote: »
    game4it70 Seriously clean build, fair fecking play.
    Thanks.All the mess is hidden at the back of case.
    I really need to sleeve all my fan and psu cables but its to much of an outlay to get the tools and sleeve atm :(

Apologies for the woeful pic quality again.

Well here is where all the mess is :P
    e8gcE0E.jpg

I'm having issues with the side panels not fitting properly now.I presume its the paint and lacquer causing it so will have to fix that :mad:
    IKCYVTk.jpg

B0Asgad.jpg

0yGnu0H.jpg

I'm still waiting for the front panel covers to dry.
    XKjfM5t.jpg

I'm trying to source a new window atm as the old one is in bits.
    Rh6IOBy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Looks great man, it's really after giving me a push to finish mine. I'm in the same boat though, last job is custom wiring for everything but I'm finding it really hard to be arsed if I'm honest. Think I'll just make a PSU shrowd and get some black extension cables and call it done. It's been a work in progress for like 6 months at this stage!

Thanks,good stuff :D

I had to make a couple of pwm extensions from old bits lying around but hadn't enough to do what i wanted.
    Hopefully i plan to buy a set of extensions for my psu and then cut them to size so a lot less of the spaghetti junction look.

You any pics of your progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Cleaned out the loop of my build and its crazy how much little particles will shake off the rads. Flushed for 24hrs with Mayhem's Blitz Part 2, which did a great job of cleaning out the gunk. Added Mayhems UV blue to prevent further build up. Build is in my sig but a few of you were wondering how I empty it out....

HVTM6PSl.jpg
    AjwR9rFl.jpg
    2bZC9izl.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice build.
    Blitz is very good for a thorough clean especially if there Alphacool rads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    Cleaned out the loop of my build and its crazy how much little particles will shake off the rads. Flushed for 24hrs with Mayhem's Blitz Part 2, which did a great job of cleaning out the gunk. Added Mayhems UV blue to prevent further build up. Build is in my sig but a few of you were wondering how I empty it out...

Is that built into a desk? Any chance of a few pictures of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Is that built into a desk? Any chance of a few pictures of it?

Click the link in his signature as he mentioned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

superg wrote: »
    Click the link in his signature as he mentioned :D

Cheers, on the mobile so they aren't showing! Will check later

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

My FT02 at the moment. I am finding better temps for the CPU (I2600K) under water than I did with the air cooler. I guess the air cooler probably wasn't great.

371070.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,871 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That brings back memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Finally finished my quiet, micro ATX, programming and gaming build.
    Not too happy with the cooling setup but sure what can you do.

IMG_20151215_192252.jpg

IMG_20151214_150949.jpg

IMG_20151208_115830.jpg

game4it70 wrote: »
    Thanks,good stuff :D

You any pics of your progress?

Ordered a piece of acrylic of eBay the other day which arrived this morning so spent an hour or so making a PSU shroud. It makes things look 100% tidier, really happy with how it turned out!

Cables are the last job now, I'm really leaning towards just getting some braided extensions. The red GPU cables from my PSU were horrible when I first used the, but they are kinda growing on me now with the black shroud in place so we'll see. It will be the new year before I can spend any more money on this so plenty of time to think of something!

Will try get some decent shots tomorrow but for now ...

i5 3560k @ 5ghz
    Crossfire R9 290's 1.2ghz

:EDIT: also, that's Alphacool XT45 360 in push/pull and a ST30 120 & 240 in push if anybodies interested! :)

20151217_194653.jpg

20151217_194729.jpg

20151217_194819.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

That looks incredible! Fair play.

Nice job Brian looks great :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Those VGA backplates are slick as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

5/7 ? :pac:

372054.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dvraiz

These are some sick builds! I cant wait to post my new one! In the meantime I need to try and get 25 posts....

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Ordered a piece of acrylic of eBay the other day which arrived this morning so spent an hour or so making a PSU shroud. It makes things look 100% tidier, really happy with how it turned out!

Cables are the last job now, I'm really leaning towards just getting some braided extensions. The red GPU cables from my PSU were horrible when I first used the, but they are kinda growing on me now with the black shroud in place so we'll see. It will be the new year before I can spend any more money on this so plenty of time to think of something!

Will try get some decent shots tomorrow but for now ...

i5 3560k @ 5ghz
    Crossfire R9 290's 1.2ghz

:EDIT: also, that's Alphacool XT45 360 in push/pull and a ST30 120 & 240 in push if anybodies interested! :)

Really clean build, nice job. I think you should change the red GPU cables. A good set of braided extension cables would look much better

Yea I'll definitely be changing them in the new year. I was going to make custom ones with a black gray white theme but the red is growing on me. I'm thinking black 24 pin and dark red GPU cables at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Made some changes to the room, and finally got everything in a nice place and ready to share.

wbKceMt.jpg

GqxdrRT.jpg

eVsIsuR.jpg

bdBnYku.jpg

TRasVIE.jpg

2t8Ywtm.jpg

aW8PysO.jpg

Better quality images here http://imgur.com/a/xEPKb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

^ Amazing setup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Deadly setup Thor, are you using nvidia or AMD for your main rig? If the latter have you tried mixed res eyefiinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Bazzo wrote: »
    ^ Amazing setup

Cheers, very happy with the turn out
    glynf wrote: »
    Deadly setup Thor, are you using nvidia or AMD for your main rig? If the latter have you tried mixed res eyefiinity?

Using AMD. Don't use all three displays for gaming, but thankfully each monitor has the same horizontal lines, which means eyefinity still works very well. Just much much wider than normal.

Gaming on the single ultra wide is perfect, and anything more is really way outside the vision and would hinder performance for no real benefit. Would still look awesome, but not very practical.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

just got a dell u2414h, arrived about an hour ago

it's technically a downgrade as I've been using a 27" 1440p korean monitor for the last few years but I've grown more and more sick of the glossy screen. I barely game any more as I was sick of seeing my reflection in all the dark bits. am absolutely in love with the u2414h. I had planned to maybe keep the 27" as a second monitor for tv and maybe the odd game of civ5, but i think i'm definitely going to sell it soon and get another dell.

Advertisement