Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Siskods9

TheDoc wrote: »
    I have something similar, although I picked them up in IKEA. Like €25 a pack and they come with 4 LED bars and a controller switch. You can have a range of colours solid, or set it to gently cycle through colour changing.

Apologies for the horrendous picture quality, but you get the idea. I've been running a purple them for a while and like it. Also have a set to the left of the picture that lights up some storage units where my consoles and comics are.

Seeing all the pics here makes me want to give a **** about cable management. But really can't bring myself to be arsed doing anything about it

Really nice setup you've got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Siskods9 wrote: »
    Really nice setup you've got there.

5269558397_64406aeb94.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Set up is grand doc, not everyone has an immaculately set up system, myself I've my tower on the dining room table behind my screen with a hdmi cable trailing off to another table into a big tv/screen

A ridiculous amount of tidying was needed before I took any of my pics :-D

Siskods9 wrote: »
    A ridiculous amount of tidying was needed before I took any of my pics :-D

This is what I always wondered. They always look to perfect!

Don't feel so bad now :D

Although I do need a clean up of my desk this weekend, all the **** in that photo is still there, along with whatever else has gathered over the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Haha, yeah, I remember I posted a picture of my setup before, and the first comment was someone just saying 'That's awful messy. You should tidy it".

Here's my current:

366491.jpg

366492.jpg

366493.jpg

5269558397_64406aeb94.jpg

All my comments are sincere, don't know anyone here well enough to try out my own brand of sarcasm and certainly am not out to offend.

This is what I always wondered. They always look to perfect!

Don't feel so bad now :D

Although I do need a clean up of my desk this weekend, all the **** in that photo is still there, along with whatever else has gathered over the last few months.

Normally my computer room / home office looks like a scene from 'Rick and Morty' :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Haha, yeah, I remember I posted a picture of my setup before, and the first comment was someone just saying 'That's awful messy. You should tidy it".

Here's my current: *snip*

Is that a ram cooling kit?
    Swear ive seen that setup before,think TTL did a video on it

EDIT: Just had a look,gskill ripjaws DDR4 kit?
    Looks pretty nice in the case

Here's my current:
    *Snip*

Very nice build, love the colour scheme - white and red always very nice.

Ever thought about getting into water-cooling?

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is that a ram cooling kit?
    Swear ive seen that setup before,think TTL did a video on it

EDIT: Just had a look,gskill ripjaws DDR4 kit?
    Looks pretty nice in the case

Plain ol' DDR3, just a Gskill cooler though!
    Very nice build, love the colour scheme - white and red always very nice.

Ever thought about getting into water-cooling?

Funny enough, not really, never something that interested me! I change parts so frequently as well it would be a nightmare, I never have the same CPU or card more than a few months at most!

Plain ol' DDR3, just a Gskill cooler though!

Funny enough, not really, never something that interested me! I change parts so frequently as well it would be a nightmare, I never have the same CPU or card more than a few months at most!

You should consider it, water-cooling is superb and once you get into it you wont go back. The performance, the reduction in noise, lower temps etc..

For people who update parts regularly there are QDCs (Quick Disconnects) so you don't have to completely disassemble and drain your loop every time you update a part.

Starter kits are the way to get started as opposed to a custom loop on your first go.

Check out the new Predator kit from EK - comes in 240 and 360 sizes

http://www.ekwb.com/predator/

I used something similar from Swiftech a few years ago but it wasn't quite as good as the Predator from EK.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Apologies for the horrendous picture quality,

Quality so horrendous the pictures are literally refusing to even let people see them :p

Solitaire wrote: »
    Quality so horrendous the pictures are literally refusing to even let people see them :p

oh are they not showing? Showing for me :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I can see nothing either.

superg wrote: »
    I can see nothing either.

Just put one of them as an attachment there. Again looked at my desk over long weekend and thought of doing a cleanup up and maybe doing some cable management and stuff, then didn't bother my arse and just played games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Just put one of them as an attachment there. Again looked at my desk over long weekend and thought of doing a cleanup up and maybe doing some cable management and stuff, then didn't bother my arse and just played games.

As a dentist with a mortgage I approve of your choices of drinks. See ya soon :D

As a dentist with a mortgage I approve of your choices of drinks. See ya soon :D

Would you believe that 27 years of age, only got my second filling recently. And that was after mental pains in my tooth. Dentist always tells me I've great teeth :D

I've curbed back a touch on the energy drinks in fairness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Blows every build here away...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Holy ****. I fuc**n loved every second of that video. The detail of every piece was amazon.

The monitor at the end just had me in stitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Yea, LG owe that guy a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Wow! that's amazing hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Some people just have waaaaaay too much time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

20151102_140309_zps0vnnyjgu.jpg

IMG_20151106_163640179_zpskwr5th5o.jpg

Desktop done. PC can wait till next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    Some people just have waaaaaay too much time.

Bet his temps are lower than mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Only have a picture of my actual setup at the moment, not the actual PC so hope its still alright.
    Will get pictures of my build up soon too, nothing amazing whatsoever but its better then nothing! Feel ashamed putting it up when I see all your builds :o
    The first picture was when I moved into the box room, had to stay like that for a couple months :(
    A bit of stuff has changed, this is a few months ago when I finished my room. New keyboard, headset and few more bits.
    Before:
    I43iyBr.jpg?1
    After:
    I8faHA8.jpg?1

:p

9yn8y47.jpg

2YYTEBx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Terror, where did you get that? I need it :P

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Terror, where did you get that? I need it :P

Here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Updated my case to a S340 Razer Edition, switched out the 212 Evo for a NH-U12S to fit in the case, and got a new motherboard to match the colour scheme sort of better with an ASRock z97 Extreme 6.

Lv96Dty.jpg

Happy enough, although I am now looking at getting :

- Green LED Lights for inside the case as the window is tinted to the point where I can't actually see anything inside the case
    - Plastidip Blaze Green to paint my Sapphire R9 290 trim from yellow to green

Advertisement