Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Spotted a boardsie in a new jersey yesterday on the Tour of Kildare. Blew past me on the descent from the wall. Didn't notice what type of bike, but I was on an orange Trek, in a white, red and black Galway Cycle jersey, if anyone remembers that description from that stretch?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mahoo and myself appeared to be the only two boards jerseys, though I could have missed someone. I was on a blue/black trek, though I'm skeptical that I blew past anyone, so probably mahoo.

seamus wrote: »
    mahoo and myself appeared to be the only two boards jerseys, though I could have missed someone. I was on a blue/black trek, though I'm skeptical that I blew past anyone, so probably mahoo.

From the seatstays, the bike could have been a trek in something similar to discovery channel livery (blue, black and silver?), so quite possibly you alright. Dark hair, bit of a beard/stubbliness sound like either of ye?

My tyres are blue, which might trigger it. Sounds like both of us, though I would say mahoo has more of a beard. If you could say whether he was chubby or skinny is probably better; I'm the former :D

My tyres are blue, which might trigger it. Sounds like both of us, though I would say mahoo has more of a beard. If you could say whether he was chubby or skinny is probably better; I'm the former :D

Well I'll remember the adage about people in glass houses on the subject of chubbiness, but all the same it does sound a bit more like mahoo from what you're saying, as I don't remember the blue tyres, and I couldn't call him chubby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

cython wrote: »
    From the seatstays, the bike could have been a trek in something similar to discovery channel livery (blue, black and silver?), so quite possibly you alright. Dark hair, bit of a beard/stubbliness sound like either of ye?

sounds like my messy head alright. was on a blue/black pinarello. i had been taking it really easy up until the 50k mark so i decided to go full tilt at it for the second 50. it was a really nice fast stretch of road and i got up some good speeds. sorry i didnt stop to say hi :D

mahoo wrote: »
    sounds like my messy head alright. was on a blue/black pinarello. i had been taking it really easy up until the 50k mark so i decided to go full tilt at it for the second 50. it was a really nice fast stretch of road and i got up some good speeds. sorry i didnt stop to say hi :D

No worries, I was taking the latter half easy after getting stuck on the front of a group doing well over 40km/h (fast for me!) soon after the Kilcock food stop with nobody else taking their turn for 5-6km, and basically ending up cooked for a while early on! Never even thought to shout at you till you were out of earshot/catching range

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Can the Boards jerseys be bought easy enough? Or is it an occasional group buy thing? Certainly haven't seen them advertised yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

milltown wrote: »
    Can the Boards jerseys be bought easy enough? Or is it an occasional group buy thing? Certainly haven't seen them advertised yet.

Occasional Group buy when someone feels like getting a right headache an order in. Wouldn't be 'advertised' as such, just a thread on here

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

From After Hours
    Saw two cyclists blithely cycling through a red light chatting away a while back while muggins here was sat behind the wheel of the car obeying the law.

Both were wearing boards.ie cycling tops.

Let's just say I wasn't exactly bowled over in surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Find out who they are and have the jerseys removed from their possession, immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

CramCycle wrote: »
    Find out who they are and have the jerseys removed from their possession, immediately.

Should be easy enough - just have to figure out who cycles "blithely" - that rules me out. If they said, "one of them was puffing was Thomas the Tank Engine....." it might have been me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Jawgap wrote: »
    Should be easy enough - just have to figure out who cycles "blithely" - that rules me out. If they said, "one of them was puffing was Thomas the Tank Engine....." it might have been me.

1. Carefree and lighthearted.
    2. Lacking or showing a lack of due concern; casual:

No one in a boards jersey cycles like that, you try and appear like that if anyone catches you or your having a bad day but no one actually does it if there is a chance they will be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Caught one today somewhere between Harold's Cross and Terenure at about 7:05pm. He was on a road bike (didn't see the brand or model) heading South at a rather leisurely pace (~20km/h).

me was on a Cube mtb, had a big backpack on with a bright yellow cover over it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Caught one today somewhere between Harold's Cross and Terenure at about 7:05pm. He was on a road bike (didn't see the brand or model) heading South at a rather leisurely pace (~20km/h).

me was on a Cube mtb, had a big backpack on with a bright yellow cover over it.

Think that was me! Excuse the slow pace, I was saving my energy for climbing Kilmashogue hill (Didn't work though-nearly had a heart attack on the way up :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Spotted an old Jersey heading out of Donnybrook along the N11 on a mountain bike and wearing a rucksack. Not quite sure what time, probably around 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

New jersey spotted conquering the hills at Sally Gap @ 12:50.
    Long black hair peering out from under the lid:D
    Gave ya the beep and a wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

New jersey spotted conquering the hills at Sally Gap @ 12:50.
    Long black hair peering out from under the lid:D
    Gave ya the beep and a wave.

army jeep or red laguna?

Haha, army jeep, leading the two transits.
    Fair play lad, some climb.

Haha, army jeep, leading the two transits.
    Fair play lad, some climb.

I was a bit surprised by that alright, for a sec I thought you were trying to get me to move over for a convoy or something, then I noticed the wave :D

nice day, that was the worst of the weather just along that stretch from the gap to glencree.

First time from the the southern route from Laragh, not as bad as I thought it would be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Yesterday evening, 5:30/5:45, on Camden Street: old jersey with a yellow hi-viz Hump backpack, stopping (outbound) at the pedestrian crossing near Anseo/Green 19.

I was going towards Dame Street on my Dutch bike with a green crate, and was going to wave/ring my bell until the ped lights went red, at which point I had a fleeting vision of the 'bus ****' episode of The Inbetweeners and got all bashful. ('I point at his jersey, but what then? WHAT THEN?!?!')

Based on other sightings mentioned in this thread, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess: Dónal?

I was a bit surprised by that alright, for a sec I thought you were trying to get me to move over for a convoy or something, then I noticed the wave :D

nice day, that was the worst of the weather just along that stretch from the gap to glencree.

First time from the the southern route from Laragh, not as bad as I thought it would be

I was wishing I was you instead of working.
    Alot of cyclists up there today, you would have passed the large group on your decent? A good few braving the climb up th Lough Tay too.

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Yesterday evening, 5:30/5:45, on Camden Street: old jersey with a yellow hi-viz Hump backpack, stopping (outbound) at the pedestrian crossing near Anseo/Green 19.

I was going towards Dame Street on my Dutch bike with a green crate, and was going to wave/ring my bell until the ped lights went red, at which point I had a fleeting vision of the 'bus ****' episode of The Inbetweeners and got all bashful. ('I point at his jersey, but what then? WHAT THEN?!?!')

Based on other sightings mentioned in this thread, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess: Dónal?
    Nope, that'd be me. Didn't clock the dutch bike at all. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Nope, that'd be me. Didn't clock the dutch bike at all. Odd.

Aah, you would have been my second guess. But you look more like my mental image of Donal than my mental image of seamus. :)

It is a bit odd alright that you didn't spot me. I usually feel pretty conspicuous on the bike- it's big, and I'm no whippet either. (If only I'd known, I'd have broken the lights! :p But I guess you'd have seen me then...)

I'll pluck up the courage for a wave the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Not really a boards jersey sighting!

I regularly see somebody flying along the Swords Road towards town - Red Specialized. Just wondering if it was someone off here and whats the spec on the bike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Waiting patiently for their turn at the lights from Church Road to Churchview Road, Killiney, at 1.40pm today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

First boards sighting for me.

Wednesday evening Shanganagh Road Dalkey to Shankill on a black road bike making short work of the drags. heading south. Probably around 19.00. Alas I was in a car dropping my daughter off to her LC party

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Waiting patiently for their turn at the lights from Church Road to Churchview Road, Killiney, at 1.40pm today

me again, just about finished for the day
    trad wrote: »
    First boards sighting for me.

Wednesday evening Shanganagh Road Dalkey to Shankill on a black road bike making short work of the drags. heading south. Probably around 19.00. Alas I was in a car dropping my daughter off to her LC party

was going to say me as well but I would have been there just after 8 rather than 7...

black bike and helmet, white bars

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

more of a forumite spot than a jersey spot, but saw who i reckon to be tomasrojo cycling past kilmainham jail on wed evening towing his trailor and guitar!

nice set-up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

me again, just about finished for the day

was going to say me as well but I would have been there just after 8 rather than 7...

black bike and helmet, white bars

On mature reflection it was around 8 pm.

Advertisement