Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

godtabh wrote: »
    Saw a green kit on the top of cruagh. Both in boards gear. Got a big shout but I was barely able to talk!

That was me godtabh. Nice evening. Were you capturing the rain on Dublin city whilst we were bathed in sunshine in the Dublin mountains? Is it in the photos thread?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Konkers wrote: »
    That was me godtabh. Nice evening. Were you capturing the rain on Dublin city whilst we were bathed in sunshine in the Dublin mountains? Is it in the photos thread?

Photo was taken as I needed to take a break. Did an FTP test and was struggling. Nice picture. Must post it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

sullzz wrote: »
    A bit late posting this , spotted a full pink kit on I think a black focus heading towards templeogue yesterday morning at about 8:15 ish
    Hani Kosti wrote: »
    Hello to Boardsie in full pink kit this morning @Terenure junction around 8:30

Think I saw the same lad at the Rathgar junction a couple of minutes later. Full pink kit and a rugged beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Saw one going into Howth this afternoon, with a couple of Orwell riders?

I was with a group opposite Beshoff chipper.

I thought the pink striped socks were a lovely touch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Saw one going into Howth this afternoon, with a couple of Orwell riders?

I was with a group opposite Beshoff chipper.

I thought the pink striped socks were a lovely touch :)

That was me. Patent pending on the socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Saw a red jersey on Saturday at the start of the cycle path in Clontarf with a group of people at about 12.35. Gave you a quick wave but didn't get a shout out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Had the pleasure of meeting Alek in the middle of the incredible downpour this afternoon. I was envious of his disc brakes, especially after discovering that my rim brakes didn't seem to do anything in that kind of weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,966 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

OldBean wrote: »
    Saw a red jersey ..
    Ain't no red Boards jersey. :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Probably the original

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Saw a boardsie on the way into Santry this evening around 6pm wearing the new kit. Was past me on the other side of the road before I got the shout out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Had the pleasure of meeting Alek in the middle of the incredible downpour this afternoon. I was envious of his disc brakes,

It was lashing down alright! Don't remember being that wet for a looong time, when I finally got home :)

And I was envious of your brakes being so quiet, nevermind if they were working or not. Mine were squealing so badly I couldn't hear you sometimes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

del_boy13 wrote: »
    Saw a boardsie on the way into Santry this evening around 6pm wearing the new kit. Was past me on the other side of the road before I got the shout out.

I was heading southbound through Santry around that time dodging puddles.

Could have been pink - I had my full tobacco tint sunglasses on. I've made that mistake before :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Thud

Saw a pink one heading up Holles st. about 8am this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Thud wrote: »
    Saw a pink one heading up Holles st. about 8am this morning

Mighta been me.

Blue/Black Giant and yellow rucksack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Accidental encounter with Wizardej along the canal this evening.
    I meant it to be a wave of acknowledgement but it ended up leading to an awkward conversation where the Wiz was clearly wondering who I was.

Sorry dude.

Also met OldBean this evening but unless he was wearing boards.ie underwear I'm not sure it counts for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Met another boardsie (no Jersey) on canal earlier. Thanks for the reminder to get my new jersey order in! :)

Accidental encounter with Wizardej along the canal this evening.
    I meant it to be a wave of acknowledgement but it ended up leading to an awkward conversation where the Wiz was clearly wondering who I was.

Sorry dude.

Also met OldBean this evening but unless he was wearing boards.ie underwear I'm not sure it counts for this thread.

No worries-I think I seen you a good few times on the canal and it was good to meet at last! Plus it reminded me to post about the jersey-hopefully a different design or colour for this winter!
    I probably did need that baselayer after all-arms started to turn purple in that cold rain shower after!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Cool.cool.

@OldBean I'm taking that "like" to confirm the boards 410 underwear theory.

The question is...which design?

410 budgie smugglers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Pink kit spotted in the wild on the Taney Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Spotted one yesterday somewhere on the road to Dunlavin. I was coming from Rathcoole and they were heading in the opposite direction, from Dunlavin?

It looked like another Sportive or Charity cycle? I was on the IVCA West Wicklow one.

It was the Black one? With a few vertical stripes?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

Looks like I got spotted.
    On a red Olmo, yes we were out for Cancer Research Ireland Cycle For Life on 100k. Met a lot of cyclists coming in the other direction we were going Stratford-Dunlavin-Kilcullen-Castledermot-Tullow-Rathvilly-Baltinglass-Stratford. Turn out was down on last year but there was a lot of sports/cycling events on at the weekend.
    Sharp eyes!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Grassey wrote: »
    Pink kit spotted in the wild on the Taney Road.

Looks like someone has a stalker! Not just a spotting but a photo too :eek: :D

Pink jersey on a black bike hitting up some of the trails in Phoenix Park about 30 minutes ago. Was deep in conversation and only noticed you when you flew past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

traprunner wrote: »
    Looks like someone has a stalker! Not just a spotting but a photo too :eek: :D

Waiting in bushes for a Boardsie to appear is the cross I have to bear

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭dreamerb

Boards jersey and facemask coming off the Grand Canal path at Portobello shortly before 10 this morning. I'm guessing it's Wizardej from previous reported sightings. My first proper boardsie sighting so I just ended up making a weird face and not saying anything :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Pink jersey spotted heading towards Glenageary roundabout at about 16:30 this evening , I gave a small beep but don't think you heard .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Grassey wrote: »
    Waiting in bushes for a Boardsie to appear is the cross I have to bear

Apt username for that activity :pac:

• Advertisement

dreamerb wrote: »
    Boards jersey and facemask coming off the Grand Canal path at Portobello shortly before 10 this morning. I'm guessing it's Wizardej from previous reported sightings. My first proper boardsie sighting so I just ended up making a weird face and not saying anything :o

Yep think that was me! Was speeding off to work. Were you at the bridge where the path ends?

Advertisement