Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

RonanCFD wrote: »
    My first sighting of a new jersey just before 1:30 by Sutton Dart crossing. Mr Illogical perhaps?

Guilty :) First time on the bike in two weeks.
    How did you know it was me?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Felt more like vintage cdaly as you flitted off into the distance...

Think it must have been you I saw about 18.30 going by westwood gym in fairview, towards clonarf, as I went by overhead in the DART. Longsleeve Navy & orange boards jersey on a hybrid (with tribars .. I think)?

Next time i'll ask Mr. Train Driver to toot!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

Guilty :) First time on the bike in two weeks.
    How did you know it was me?

'cos you were my last jersey sighting as well, and I remember something missing on top of your head that time too :D. I was on the Storck going the other way, not sure if you heard me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Possibly new lime kit at around 5.30pm (ish) on the coast cycle path heading out towards Howth?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

'cos you were my last jersey sighting as well, and I remember something missing on top of your head that time too :D. I was on the Storck going the other way, not sure if you heard me.

Ah yes! The Rapha hat only comes out when the temperature drops under 10 :)

I didn't hear you but could lipread enough to get an idea. Not knowing the standard response (assuming there is one) to "Boardsie", I went with "Hi".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

I think the standard response is to look surprised. Standard response for all surrounding non-boardsies is to look at you like you're weird! My wife thinks we're all crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I think the standard response is to look surprised. Standard response for all surrounding non-boardsies is to look at you like you're weird! My wife thinks we're all crazy...

I think your wife has a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Zyzz wrote: »
    Possibly new lime kit at around 5.30pm (ish) on the coast cycle path heading out towards Howth?

Possibly me again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

The new kit looks good lads well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Full green kit heading from Baldoyle to Portmarnock at 6.30pm this evening. I was in the full green kit going the other way. Apologies for the late salute - only spotted the kit when you were almost past me.

• Advertisement

Hello wishbone Ash.

That's gas. I almost missed you as well. (Head down into the wind)

And just to make it an official spot ......

High speed full green kit headings towards Baldoyle from Portmarrnock at 1830.

Also - possible full green turning right off Alfie Byrne road to East wall road around 1800 or so

And just to make it an official spot ......

High speed Wind assisted full green kit headings towards Baldoyle from Portmarrnock at 1830
    FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

Also - possible full green turning right off Alfie Byrne road to East wall road around 1800 or so

I'll claim that one, wind battered and hungry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Bumped into Dirkvoodoo on the commute home yesterday, decked out in retro orange & navy LS jersey. Nice to meet you sir - always good to put a face to a name. Hope I didn't slow you down on your way to Howth as we chatted!

Also passed a Boardsie sporting new lime jersey (with a VERY bright front light!) on the cycle path between Sutton and Dollymount (heading towards town) at around 6.40ish.

.....Also passed a Boardsie sporting new lime jersey (with a VERY bright front light!) on the cycle path between Sutton and Dollymount (heading towards town) at around 6.40ish.
    :eek: Ah Jesus, I had it on the medium setting on non-flashing mode! :o

I didn't even notice your light when you passed me such was your speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

:eek: Ah Jesus, I had it on the medium setting on non-flashing mode! :o

I'm sure that's the same model they have fitted on the Garda helicopter......!!:p It's a serious lamp - I thought it was a motorbike on the cycle path coming towards us!

You were flying it too (as NMG pointed out), so much so I didn't cop the jersey until you were passed us so apologies for not getting a shout out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Kav0777 wrote: »
    Think it must have been you I saw about 18.30 going by westwood gym in fairview, towards clonarf, as I went by overhead in the DART. Longsleeve Navy & orange boards jersey on a hybrid (with tribars .. I think)?
    T'is a road bike (with tribars for my long solo rides into the headwinds...)
    Next time i'll ask Mr. Train Driver to toot!
    :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Rathfarnham crossroads, we chatted for all of 10 seconds, who were ya?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Rathfarnham crossroads, we chatted for all of 10 seconds, who were ya?!

That was me, heading out for a quick loop through cruagh and glencullen before the sun set :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Pink jersey on a white bike just now on Nutgrove avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

Full green kit bout 1.30 ish coming down clontarf road,mite off seen me wobble after my wheel got stuck in some sort of crack in the road

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

jober wrote: »
    Full green kit bout 1.30 ish coming down clontarf road,mite off seen me wobble after my wheel got stuck in some sort of crack in the road

*waves* Keep your eyes open on that stretch, I blew out the side wall of my tyre a couple months back after I slid into one of the crevasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Old school orange and blue jersey spotted this evening just outside Kinnegad. I was the woman in white jersey and black tights going back to Dublin, I gave a good shout of "Hey Boardsie!".

Your jersey was a welcome diversion from thinking about the last 60km home out of a 274km ride!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Old school orange and blue jersey spotted this evening just outside Kinnegad. I was the woman in white jersey and black tights going back to Dublin, I gave a good shout of "Hey Boardsie!".

Your jersey was a welcome diversion from thinking about the last 60km home out of a 274km ride!

That was me heading from Dublin to Athlone (nearly). Heard the shout but couldn't make it out. Nice to get a hello. It doesn't happen very often on the bike!

Some cycle by you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

godtabh wrote: »
    That was me heading from Dublin to Athlone (nearly)!

I was wondering if it was you alright! I know you cycle that route fairly often.

Your front light was nice and bright and reminded me to switch on my own. The old N4 is a bit of a pig to cycle on, the surface is pretty good but the traffic speed is bit too fast for comfort especially with toll-dodging lorries.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Full green kit spotted around lunchtime on Julianstown to Duleek road. I was going other way in Swords gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That was me, heading for Bellewstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

That was me, heading for Bellewstown.

That was me whimping out on Bellewestown, thought about turning right when I got to the bridge but common sense prevailed ;-) hit the Ardgillan climb on my way home for a little pain.

Advertisement