Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cool. I'll be picking for michael because he's gone away for a few days but he's given me a list of his preferred choices.

Will be interesting to see if you pick his top choice, Minto. :)

Edit: Nice choice, Minto. I was hoping Shane O'Mac would last a bit longer but it wasn't to be.

I've just made michael.etc's pick, which was in line with his wishes, since he's away from his computer for a while.

Anyone who will be away from their computer for a few days can simply PM me their list of preferred choices if they need to do so.

OK Justbringit89 is up next. Hopefully we'll get through a good few picks on Wednesday.

Night all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Strike Force were my next pick. Ah well. I cannot complain at all. 4, the 1. I just know ill be 20 next time, so there will be 38 picks between that and my next. Ah well :p

No! World's Greatest Tag Team were supposed to be my pick! Damn it to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Number 8 for myself this round happy days. i have 5 or 6 picks in mind for this round

I know how you feel :mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Pfft. No need to get worked up. There are better tag teams out there. And taken as individuals they have hardly set the world on fire.

Pfft. No need to get worked up. There are better tag teams out there. And taken as individuals they have hardly set the world on fire.

I would agree with you on Haas but would strongly disagree with you on Shelton Benjamin. I felt he was one of the best IC champions of recent times and I loved his long reign. Fantastic athleticism from the guy. In 2004, 2005 the guy looked destined for stardom and was doing superb stuff in the ring. At his peak he was awesome.

I even found a great vid of Benjamin I was going to use...

Just as gutted about this pick as I was with Justbringit's Lesnar selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

I know , i would loved to see shelton get pushed to uppercard, He is one of the most athletic wrestlers that wwe signed in the past few years, I thought he would fit well with eddie & brock even sabu!!! Charile was Free so i might aswell of got him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

There are definitely better tag teams out there than the World's Greatest Tag Team and London and Kendrick, both as a team and as two good wrestlers as the one pick (I have a good value pick up my sleeve for this round.

Given the lack of progress today and the fact that I can't see it flowing particularly fast tonight looks like I'll have to PM you my next 2 or 3 picks barring a miracle. Last trip fell through but this one looks certain to go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

You cam PM me them if someone wants as well.

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Given the lack of progress today and the fact that I can't see it flowing particularly fast tonight looks like I'll have to PM you my next 2 or 3 picks barring a miracle. Last trip fell through but this one looks certain to go ahead

OK but send on a few picks in case your first preferences get taken.

Edit: Nice choice callaway on Regal. I'd a feeling he'd go this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Made my pick there..:)

You should certainly have taken Eugene though, if only for the day when he was GM

You should certainly have taken Eugene though, if only for the day when he was GM

Could have had Rhyno or Tajiri either, I believe?

Regal's had so many tag partners.

Still a great pick though.

Could have had Rhyno or Tajiri either, I believe?

Regal's had so many tag partners.

Still a great pick though.

Considering Rhyno and Tajiri were both picked already he couldnt :) . Also were only allowed two tag teams so you need to be careful which ones you pick.

Some of you lot seem obsessed with picking two people all the time. Quantity does not always beat quality.

Some of you lot seem obsessed with picking two people all the time. Quantity does not always beat quality.

Yeah but in fairness Eugene was extremely over for a long time and was great comic relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah but in fairness Eugene was extremely over for a long time and was great comic relief.

And also a great wrestler when he was on Velocity

Argh... Im having difficulty remembering who was even picked :(

This is getting confusing.

Anyway, question time.

My next pick is in my head, but i dont know if they qualify as a team or not.

It was a singles wrestler and a manager, but, although one of them spent 70% of his time in a management role, they did have tag matches together a few times. They essentially turned into a tag team before being broke up, but most just remember them as a wrestler and manager it seems. So would that qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick the first woman.

• Advertisement

My next pick is in my head, but i dont know if they qualify as a team or not.

It was a singles wrestler and a manager, but, although one of them spent 70% of his time in a management role, they did have tag matches together a few times. They essentially turned into a tag team before being broke up, but most just remember them as a wrestler and manager it seems. So would that qualify?

You could PM me the team you're thinking of if you're confused as your description is a bit vague.
    jayhaitch2 wrote:
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick the first woman.

Likewise. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Incredibly slow round this. Hopefully it will hurry up more than a tad.

Yeah this rounds lagged a bit but Furious-Red just chose Lashley so hopefully we will see a few more selections soon.

I think Lashley's a good pick. I had him on my list. Very athletic and strong.

Edit: I hate you Danger Dave. HATE YOU!

Ive picked. I was praying Furious-Red would not follow dez_warlock and pick Trish Stratus.

Edit: I hate you Danger Dave. HATE YOU!

:p

I reckon you've got the best women's wrestler of all time, Dave. Top pick.

Being in the bottom half of the draw is going to prove more and more difficult as the rounds go on.

My list is f*cked now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Good pick Dave but I have to disagree with you saying that she was phenominal in the ring. I always thought she was average but it was her looks that her her a lot

My top two women choices are still there and my back up choice should definitely be there for the next round at least. TBH I think people are jumping the gun with the Diva picks ATM. There are still some World Champions and people who were great in the ring left

callaway92 wrote: »
    Good pick Dave but I have to disagree with you saying that she was phenominal in the ring. I always thought she was average but it was her looks that her her a lot

Trish average? :eek: I saw her at the Point against Victoria and the two of them arguably had the best match on the card. Everything was fluid.
    Bubs101 wrote:
    TBH I think people are jumping the gun with the Diva picks ATM. There are still some World Champions and people who were great in the ring left.

Having some of the best women on offer though is surely going to be a big help in having the overall best roster, no?

You need a bit of diversity I think. We'll all need to have one woman anyway so I'm not surprised that some people are snapping up the best ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

My top two women choices are still there and my back up choice should definitely be there for the next round at least. TBH I think people are jumping the gun with the Diva picks ATM. There are still some World Champions and people who were great in the ring left

I'm not sure... a top women's superstar might be better than your average mid carder

Trish/Lita >Carlito/Kennedy/Al Snow in the context of the game...in my opinion

Advertisement