Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

Am i the only person who puts any effort into a little "draft" video at all? these little ten second intros are nice to do, you know :(

Regardless.. I'll post this as i write about my next pick for the picks thread.

So far my roster hs two gimmick-based wrestlers, who are also great in the ring. For my third pick.. I shall pick my first tag team. A prime example of taking an established wrestler that you really want and getting a nobody for free in the process by seeking out his history... My third pick is...

(Dont worry fozzy you can make your pick in a minute, im just gnna type something nice up for my picks. wont be long :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Despite the fact that that was nicely put together, you put way too much effort in this bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Not a 'bad choice' per se....but with a little more thought you could have got the twin towers of Bossman and Akeem, a tag team which headlined a couple of PPVs against the Mega Powers.

You would have had two legitimate big men single stars as opposed to B-squared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Am i the only person who puts any effort into a little "draft" video at all? these little ten second intros are nice to do, you know :(

I would not have the slightest notion how to do that to be honest. It looks cool though, fair play.

Despite the fact that that was nicely put together, you put way too much effort in this bud.

Honestly, it took about 5 minutes to make. And i've nothing better to do with my life anyway, so why not? :pac:

And I prefer attitude era boss man to be honest. Didnt want to be stuck in the 80's with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

If anybody wants help PM me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

And I prefer attitude era boss man to be honest. Didnt want to be stuck in the 80's with him.
    Hmm. The younger Boss Man was far more agile tho, tho. Personally, I thought he was best before he teamed up with Buchannon. Either way, I wouldn't rate him all that highly. I thought his dog-napping storyline was just silly, even for the time it was in.
    gimmick wrote:
    I would not have the slightest notion how to do that to be honest.
    +1

Plus, I'm in work. They might turn a blind eye if I sneak onto boards for ten minutes (or every ten minutes;)) but I don't think they'd appreciate me putting video montages together!
    Also, no offence, but is it necessary to copy/paste his wikipedia? we know who he is, i'm more interested in knowing why you chose him, to be honest.
    A massive plus one from me. For starters, no one has time to read it. Also, a copy n' paste bio is easy to spot, and lacks personality. If I don't know why the poster thinks his/her wrestler is a great pick, then its less likely that I'll think its a great pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Also, no offence, but is it necessary to copy/paste his wikipedia? we know who he is, i'm more interested in knowing why you chose him, to be honest.
    :(

+1 . Surprised you picked Bossman . I really didn't expect him to go this round. However you've got a solid tag team.

Nice Choice B.ie if he was still available when it came around to myself think id would picked him.

P.S BH may have had excellent first two picks , now that he's at the bottom of the barrel think he's going to find it hard :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I always thought Bossman and Bull buchanan were a bit of an underappreciated tag team. They are one that I think should have been kept together for at least a few more months before being disbanded.

Certainly wasn't as big a fan of Akeem (the african dream). It was a terrible gimmick, would have been much better to have him in his one man gang gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

P.S BH may have had excellent first two picks , now that he's at the bottom of the barrel think he's going to find it hard :)

Cena's not that great of a pick though. He may have been a great draw in his prime, but if you compare it to how other champion's drew it's not as big. Definitely think he has the pick of the game in Hulk though. Can't believe I was only one place behind him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some very good picks made I see. I also like ec18's idea of having Edge and Christian on the same roster which gives him the opportunity to pair them up if he likes.

I hope I get to make my pick today. Itching to do it!

Edit: Fozzy you sonofa...! That was my top tag team choice. :(

On the plus side at least RebelRockChick didn't go for them as she'd have most of the Horsemen on her roster then.

I think that's a brilliant pick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I made a list of some of the decent guys left, there's still a good few. One in particular who seems to have slipped under the radar. Arn and Tully together was a better pick for me at the moment though I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Fozzy wrote: »
    I made a list of some of the decent guys left, there's still a good few. One in particular who seems to have slipped under the radar. Arn and Tully together was a better pick for me at the moment though I think

Damn you! they were next on my list. Excellent pick. I think you're thinking of the same guy as me too, and I'm amazed he's still there. I've got three strong picks in mind still, so hopefully one of them is still there by my turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

pick made
    ellaboration later

JBL's just been chosen. Solid pick. Had him in my thoughts although wasn't sure he'd fit in well with my roster.

orestes is up next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Bugger, thought I'd have a bit more time to make up my mind on what to do in this round to try and salvage myself after my second round screw up.

Gimme a few minutes and I'll make my pick

Really thought I could have gotten JBL, dissapointing. Have three of my top 5 choices left but I'm confident at least one will be picked

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Damn Fozzy after my first choice tag team of Owen & Double J were picked, youve taken my 2nd choice the Brain busters> Now with such a big gap between my last draft pick and next one I fear everyone from my list will be gone. Think there are 2 left I wouldent mind as a 3rd draft pick but not sure they will last till then cos so many of my list have been crossed off between picks thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

On the plus side at least RebelRockChick didn't go for them as she'd have most of the Horsemen on her roster then.

They were next on my list :o

Just made my pick, that's my main event sorted I think

• Advertisement

Surprised you picked Bossman . I really didn't expect him to go this round. However you've got a solid tag team.

To be honest, i was always a huge Boss Man fan. I dunno why. As i said in my picks post, he as never the best pure wrestler or anything, but im just drawn to him. There's just something about his presence. Plus, as JR once said:

"He's a ring veteran. He knows every trick in the book, practically wrote the book!".

That was at the royal rumble 2000. I can't remember what JR said when The Rock pinned Boss Man in 5 seconds, but i doubt it was anything quite as glorious :o

I didnt only pick him cos im such a fan, but now that we're breaking into the mid-carder area, i thought he may get picked soon :(

As for Buchanan, Seen as we can split our teams up (ala Matt/MVP) at least i have a strong mid-carder who can job to the stars. :)

Brain Busters are an excellent pick. I never thought of them at all. JBL was on my 'to pick' list, so im sad to see him go. :(

***EDIT***

Orestes pick is surprising. I never thought he'd go that soon to be totally honest. I thought he'd last til the much later rounds, but a good pick nonetheless. Don't really know what use he'd be on a roster though, aside from getting beat up.:confused:

Damn you orestes! How brilliant would Vince have been on my roster! Was hoping he'd last a few rounds.

Oh well now I can make my pick at last. :cool:

Im loving the speed that picks are taking place today!

I have to ehad out now and probably wont be near a puter for a while, but i reckon we may get a decent distance into round today (hopefully) :)

Orestes pick is surprising. I never thought he'd go that soon to be totally honest. I thought he'd last til the much later rounds, but a good pick nonetheless. Don't really know what use he'd be on a roster though, aside from getting beat up.:confused:

Getting beaten up is exactly what he's there for, cos with the right build in a long feud a hell of a lot of people pay to see Vince get beaten up. He's probably the biggest drawing jobber in history :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Just a quick Question . Will trades between promotions be allowed? , like the NFL football draft? ( Obviously a limit of trades and no more trades by a certain round . Say round 6 ?) just a thought.

Just a quick Question . Will trades between promotions be allowed? , like the NFL football draft? ( Obviously a limit of trades and no more trades by a certain round . Say round 6 ?) just a thought.

It was agreed earlier that we wouldnt be doing that, i believe :confused:

I'm off guys, MNG's taking forever :(:P

See you all tomorrow when we return to...

... "the draft"!!:D

Vince is one of the best in the business at getting over faces and he was great on the mic in his prime. He got Lashley over for crying out loud aged 70+ or something

No there's no trades. You get what you pick. I just made mine. Sorry I took forever KKV. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Damn, Fozzy! You took my round 4 pick! It seems a lot of people were thinking that way, either that or VR has been in a lot of people's ear of late, lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Minto wrote: »
    Damn, Fozzy! You took my round 4 pick! It seems a lot of people were thinking that way, either that or VR has been in a lot of people's ear of late, lol!

I f*cking told you they'd go quick enough pal, you snooze, you lose.
    Hope Orton was worth it! :D

VR!

Advertisement