Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sabu didn't come into my head. I'm annoyed that he didn't actually!

I'm like you Fozzy. I've been compiling a list of names and crossing them out when they've been picked. It's getting shorter all the time.

Here's hoping Vince pops on in a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I thought of Sabu briefly but had him in mind for later, didn't think he would go this early.

I keep on writing out a list of about five people and then they all end up going so I have to write another list. Tis getting very hard to keep up, the next couple of rounds should be very interesting I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Yes is starting to get very hard. I think the people who didn't pick to Top Card wrestlers for there first two picks are regretting it . Good pick BH was hoping to get him in the later rounds when everyone forgot about him. Sadly was not forgotten.

P.S I think the weirdest pick of the whole draw so far is lance storm in second round in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just looking at who I wrote down earlier as my candidates, there's five guys left (who I could think of at the time) who I'd be happy with getting as my first, second or third picks. There's still some big talent out there!

Yep, my picking Storm in the second round is looking pretty stupid now alright (although admittedly it did look pretty stupid at the time too)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

orestes wrote: »
    Yep, my picking Storm in the second round is looking pretty stupid now alright (although admittedly it did look pretty stupid at the time too)

If you had have picked Christian as well i think it could have been hailed as a masterful pick in the long term though. Was just unlucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

orestes wrote: »

You blaming Alcohol ? :)

You blaming Alcohol ? :)

A mixture of alcohol, stupidity, and being stuck for time cos I was only online for a bit before heading out and didn't want to miss the time limit.

Mainly it was the stupidity :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Bubs101 wrote: »
    If you had have picked Christian as well i think it could have been hailed as a masterful pick in the long term though.
    Or William Regal.
    Fozzy wrote:
    I thought about Sabu for a later pick.
    Yeah, he was on my new list. The problem with Sabu, though, is that he only has a very niche appeal, which is ever-diminishing. Lets face it, there are many spot-monkeys out there, and there are many who can actually get through a match without ****ing up. I could never see him going mainstream.

Happy Birthday Bounty Hunter.

Man.. did my heart sink when i seen Kane was chose, or what :(

I didn't expect anyone would want him or thought he may have been forgotten about. Ah well... I'm happy with my roster so far.

Some nice picks being made, but yes, i am also having to double-check everyone else's roster before making a pick :(

Great progress made in round three so far. I imagine most rounds will drag on for a few days, but yesterday was awesome. Picks were being made literally within minutes of each other. It was the kind of excitement a man can only dream of :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm wondering if I should send Vince a message about the draft. I don't know if he's aware his pick is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Probably a good idea, given his time will be up by 10pm ish?

I have 3 in mind for the next round, and will be very surprised if they are still there if I am in the latter half of the draw.

Yeah I'll send him a text just in case.

Damn you, Vince! Damn you all to Heck!

I was absolutely certain Lawlor would escape unnoticed. Now I'll have to rack my brains to think of another top heel.

Jerry was in my plans too and I was hoping he'd go unnoticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Jerry was in my plans too and I was hoping he'd go unnoticed.

+1. Really wanted him as my 4th round heel

Looks like we sould be getting into the fourth round today.

Must admit, he's on my screen every week, but i completely forgot about Jerry Lawler :(

I really wanted Lawler. I would have picked him this round if I hadn't spotted Anderson and Blanchard. I think the two of them were better for me than just Lawler. But he was the biggest name who hadn't been picked I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Time for the Rd4 draw, Furious Red just added Londrick to his roster of great but flawed stars (Benoit & Jeff Hardy)

Nice one. I've some stuff to do at the moment but I'll try and get the draw up by around ten o'clock and we can get round 4 under way.

• Advertisement

Great progress made on Round 3 everybody and I'm very pleased to be able to kick off Round 4. Before I get to the draw I'd like to remind participants that we have placed a limit on the number of tag teams allowed to 2 teams to make it easier on everybody.

Also a question put to me by PM centred on whether or not celebrities were eligible. They are NOT available for selection. We want to keep it to wrestlers who have been on WWE books at some stage so the likes of Trump, Mayweather, Federline etc are out of the question. OK that's the boring stuff taken care of. Let's get down to the draw...

* FOURTH ROUND DRAFT ORDER *

1. gimmick...Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat, Matt Hardy & MVP,
    2. Minto...Triple H, Randy Orton, Bobby Heenan,
    3. michael.etc...Andre the Giant, Goldberg, Rick Rude,
    4. Justbringit89...Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Sabu,
    5. callaway92...The Road Warriors, Rey Mysterio, Booker T,
    6. dez_warlock...Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam, Rhino & Tajiri,
    7. Furious-Red...Chris Benoit, Jeff Hardy, Paul London & Brian Kendrick,
    8. Danger Dave...Chris Jericho, Batista, Dudley Boyz,
    9. RebelRockChick...Ric Flair, The Fabulous Freebirds, Dusty Rhodes,
    10. orestes...Mick Foley, Lance Storm, Vince McMahon,
    11. Bounty Hunter...Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Yokozuna,
    12. KKV...The Undertaker, Curt Hennig, Big Boss Man and Bull Buchanan,
    13. Vince135792003...The British Bulldogs, Vader, Jerry Lawler,
    14. Bubs101...Randy Savage, Bruno Sammartino, Steiner Brothers,
    15. Jayhaitch2...Kurt Angle, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, JBL,
    16. Mr.Nice Guy...Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Kane,
    17. Fozzy...Kerry Von Erich, Terry Funk, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard,
    18. Spongey1975...Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, New Age Outlaws,
    19. ec18...The Rock, Edge, Christian,
    20. b.ie curious...Jake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show,

Fozzy please do the usual cut-and-paste job with the above. Cheers.

So then folks let the anguish and heartache unfold once again. gimmick and the ever jammy Minto will kick things off in Round 4.

HAPPY PICKINGS. :cool:

Cheers mng

Number 10, not bad. I'm gonna need something good to get myself back into competition for this thing, fingers crossed at least one of the picks I have in mind lasts that long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

gimmick get out of my head, another one on my list gone :(

Had Harley on my list too. Think a good few of us would have wanted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

+1 :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wow last round I pointed out that the average for me in the first 3 rounds was to be 11th pick, so what do i get in Rd4 but 11th.

good pick Gimmick, Harley completley slipped my mind

No.20, eh.

Well fiddle-dee-dee. Looks like I'll be getting Funaki this time around.

Harley's one of the few big picks left

Number 12?

You suck MNG... Now how am i supposed to get my amazing pick that everyone forgot about?

just incase anyones curious:

Did you really expect a wrestlers name to be written here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

MNG, how much am I paying you for these great numbers? Seriously! I'll make my pick in a few mins, just back from work, so need a second to relax!

But trust me, my next pick will be money!

Advertisement