Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Since we're on the topic of the ladies, let's introduce a rule like Fozzy suggested for the tag teams where we can't have more than two women on the roster. This will help ensure fairness I think.

I don't think many of us will be picking more than that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure... a top women's superstar might be better than your average mid carder

Trish/Lita >Carlito/Kennedy/Al Snow in the context of the game...in my opinion

Yeah but none of the above are World Champions and none of the above (bar Al Snow who i have always loved) are great in the ring

Having some of the best women on offer though is surely going to be a big help in having the overall best roster, no?

Well, Lita was a great manager and Trish was a good one so I could see what use they'd be to an all male roster but if you take the best female wrestler (in my opinion) to have ever wrestled in the WWE that I've seen, Gail Kim, what is she going to do on an all male roster? Only one woman has ever held her own against the men and I can't believe that Lita and Trish were picked before her

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Yeah but none of the above are World Champions and none of the above (bar Al Snow who i have always loved) are great in the ring

Ok then...just for arguements sake...and this just a possibility...and I really shouldn't give away a champion in case people have forgotten him...but

If you're building a roster is it possible

Trish > The Iron Sheik????

I'm just throwing it out there as an idea.

I mean if you have to have a woman, surely its better to have possibly the top womens wrestler ever than a World Champion so forgettable that he hasn't been pick in over 60 attempts by such knowledgable people as the entrants of the Boards WWE Draft Spectacular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Ok then...just for arguements sake...and this just a possibility...and I really shouldn't give away a champion in case people have forgotten him...but

I mean if you have to have a woman, surely its better to have possibly the top womens wrestler ever than a World Champion so forgettable that he hasn't been pick in over 60 attempts by such knowledgable people as the entrants of the Boards WWE Draft Spectacular?

Thanks for fight my corner Jay :) . The wrestler that bubs is referring to in his post, well i just don't want her on my brand. The horror ! . On Trish , i have eye candy , perhaps one of the best , i have a great manager, and great in ring performer. The people who have yet to pick may go down a different route with there female star. From just Eye Candy, to a good wrestler, to a good talker , but my pick covers all the bases as does Lita.

• Advertisement

I see what you are saying but the Iron Sheik certainly isn't a forgettable champ at all (especially if you have seen some of his unforgettable Youtube rants), he was (I think) the first person to beat Hogan for the belt and he is of far more useful on an all male roster than Trish. Regardless, there is a female wrestler who is bigger than the two of you picked who isn't Chyna and who I'd be pretty sure Fozzy will pick off

I'd like to make a point in relation to picks made whilst people are away. Obviously this is the time of year when people go away so it's going to happen and if needs be you can PM me a list of your top preferences and I'll pick in your absence.

Some people though have given me pretty short lists which could present a bit of a problem!

If someone's turn is up next and their last preferred pick has already been taken then obviously I cannot pick for you. We've no option but to declare it a missed pick, HOWEVER since there was at least an effort to make the pick I don't think it should go down as a missed turn and furthermore I'd be willing to allow this unfortunate individual a pick at the end of the game. (Not the end of the round as we did that in Round 1 and it slowed things up.)

What I'm saying is in such circumstances where your top choices have been taken, your go will be skipped but it won't be deemed a missed turn and after Round 10's completetion we'll offer you a pick to level up the numbers.

Is everyone alright with this suggestion?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sounds good to me, either that or their next one could maybe be a double pick.

edit: good pick RRC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Made my pick, orestes is up next.

Damn you RebelRockChick! I was shocked they lasted this long though. It's tough seeing possible choices get picked off so ruthlessly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I see what you are saying but the Iron Sheik certainly isn't a forgettable champ at all (especially if you have seen some of his unforgettable Youtube rants), he was (I think) the first person to beat Hogan for the belt and he is of far more useful on an all male roster than Trish. Regardless, there is a female wrestler who is bigger than the two of you picked who isn't Chyna and who I'd be pretty sure Fozzy will pick off

I haven't thought about the women at all yet! I figured that even if there's a load picked then I can just try to dig deep and find a decent one. Although 20 women is a lot...
    Is everyone alright with this suggestion?

It's fine, I think after seeing that people will send longer lists anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Damn you RebelRockChick! I was shocked they lasted this long though. It's tough seeing possible choices get picked off so ruthlessly.

:D....about time, I've seen so many of my list get picked :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Wow, didn't expect to be up again so soon. Give me a bit to go get my videos and stuff, should have my pick up in a minute or two.

good stuff was just looking over ATH, but will hang on now as im after Orestes and make my pick too.

have two in mind so should be fine, unless the weirdest ever tag-team once existed that i didnt know about but Orestes did.

Mine is up now, sorry about the delay BH

Another one off my list. Pillman had the whole package. Would have looked good on my roster. I hope Bounty Hunter doesn't shorten my choices further. :o

Pillman completley slipped my mind also.. nice choice & dont worry didnt keep me waiting

sorry if i did MNG... Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka is mine

still dont have a woman, tag-team or Manager though

Yep you did! No Piper/Snuka feud for me now. I knew he'd be taken though.

Well we made some good progress there in the last few hours. With a bit of luck we'll get through half of the rest by tomorrow and maybe get to start Round 5 by Friday night.

actually I really dont think a female wrestler is a major worry for anyone as its in the rules everyone has to have one, so thats all the decent women gone to different rosters and nobody really having a womens division especially now that you can only have 2 at most per roster. So if they arent going to have anyone to feud with why worry till a much later round to get your rosters eye-candy.

Pillman was on my radar, thought he'd have been picked before now

• Advertisement

actually I really dont think a female wrestler is a major worry for anyone as its in the rules everyone has to have one, so thats all the decent women gone to different rosters and nobody really having a womens division especially now that you can only have 2 at most per roster. So if they arent going to have anyone to feud with why worry till a much later round to get your rosters eye-candy.

Well that's true if you only want a female to be eye-candy, but there's still some very talented female performers out there and if those who have already picked women decide to go for one more in order to form a feud, that's something they'd have over everybody else and might make their roster that bit more interesting!

It's still early days in the game so it's hard to know but I think it's added a whole new dimension to things and might present a few headaches for people. Has for me anyway!

Ah my pick. Well im tired, so i'll just post this video here and in the picks thread to kep things moving, cos i'm going to bed. When i get online tomorrow i'll edit my picks thread post and add info etc. etc.

Im surprised my pick is still there.

'Night all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

At the moment ... from a spectators point of view, I'd have to say I'd be most excited about RebelRockChick's, Gimmicks, and KKV's rosters.

Nice pick KKV. I was thinking he'd go soon enough. Like your vids too. :cool:

Hopefully Vince will make his pick soon.

Tiger Mask and Dynamite Kid back together, that'd be somethin to watch

Bubs wanted Sid so that's him gone. Think Jayhaitch2 is next.

Great pick by Jayhaitch2, the greatest world champion that never was

orestes wrote: »
    Great pick by Jayhaitch2, the greatest world champion that never was

Nah, that'd be Rodney the Piper!

I'd prepare my post about my next pick now, only I don't trust MNG to not pick him. He more than likely won't pick him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If either of the two I have in mind for my next pick is still available, I will be both shoked and delighted. However, I reckon MNG, Fozzy, RRC, or Michael etc will take at least one of them.

Fun game this. I can't remember, what happens when we all have our 10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

gimmick wrote: »
    If either of the two I have in mind for my next pick is still available, I will be both shoked and delighted. However, I reckon MNG, Fozzy, RRC, or Michael etc will take at least one of them.

Fun game this. I can't remember, what happens when we all have our 10?

The world ends unfortunately

Advertisement