Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

I checked mine a few weeks back there dude, seen there was one done mid November on me take it you have had one?

Ah good stuff. I haven't checked mine yet mate because I already used my free trial and with experian and equifax and don't fancy paying for it. I would say it has been done then if yours has bud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Anyone in the latest batch (just finished online learning) had their credit checked yet? Does it show up on Equifax?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

Mop a top wrote: »
    Anyone in the latest batch (just finished online learning) had their credit checked yet? Does it show up on Equifax?

Hey Mop, I am on the Experian free trial for this, no checks have been done thus far on me.

Thanks my lovely, it does show up on the experian free trial, I seen mine in C1 on there. Just curious as I'm using the Equifax free trial. I'm such a tight arse lol. Doesn't show up on noodle though.

Has anyone checked their credit score yet from the batch processed at the end of september? Does anyone know what it shows up as on your report?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

WannabePC wrote: »
    Has anyone checked their credit score yet from the batch processed at the end of september? Does anyone know what it shows up as on your report?

I did the free trial with experian dude, and seen early to mid November a check was done which said an acpo police check if that's any help

I did the free trial with experian dude, and seen early to mid November a check was done which said an acpo police check if that's any help

I tried using that Clear Score which is powered by Equifax and it didnt show up. I've used Equifax itself before as well as experian and definitely find the latter much better. I rejoined experian at a costly premium there and seen that the police vetting check was done in November so only go with experian if you're checking your report folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

can anybody advise me as to the email address you can contact regarding what stage your vetting is at?

Please ignore if this is against the rules :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

can anybody advise me as to the email address you can contact regarding what stage your vetting is at?

Please ignore if this is against the rules :)

Sent it in a PM :)

Floral15 wrote: »
    Sent it in a PM :)

thanks very much appreciate it :)

• Advertisement

just a quick update for people. I have yet to do my medical but after contacting the relevant email address I have been advised my vetting has passed.

So suffice to say contrary to an earlier post, you do not have to wait until after your medical before you contact them :)

they must have missed my murderous past......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

just a quick update for people. I have yet to do my medical but after contacting the relevant email address I have been advised my vetting has passed.

So suffice to say contrary to an earlier post, you do not have to wait until after your medical before you contact them :)

they must have missed my murderous past......

There's me thinking all the medicals had been done lol, I take it you have your medical soon enough?

There's me thinking all the medicals had been done lol, I take it you have your medical soon enough?

pca this month mate.

Bricking it like a baby :)

Also assessment centre for the proceeding recruitment campaign this month.

Also bricking it like a big baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

how long after people have been credit checked has vetting tended to clear? (i know it varies but just wondering- credit checked mid december)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laracroft

Hi guys - haven't posted in a while. Having received a letter back in June (scored 70 in AC) to say my application was not being progressed at this time but I would be placed on merit list, I was thinking about re-starting the whole process.
    Then I suddenly received vetting forms and a short notice date for the PCA sent to my old address in November. I had an important business meeting on the date of the PCA Familiarisation so I phoned HR and they said they will put my name down for next available PCA as the familiarisation is a requisite. I've finished all my vetting forms and sent them off just before Christmas. Haven't heard anything about my Medical yet.
    Does anyone have any idea approx. when the next PCA is due to be? Having been shocked with the timing, I have to get my fitness level back up again! :-)

laracroft wrote: »
    Hi guys - haven't posted in a while. Having received a letter back in June (scored 70 in AC) to say my application was not being progressed at this time but I would be placed on merit list, I was thinking about re-starting the whole process.
    Then I suddenly received vetting forms and a short notice date for the PCA sent to my old address in November. I had an important business meeting on the date of the PCA Familiarisation so I phoned HR and they said they will put my name down for next available PCA as the familiarisation is a requisite. I've finished all my vetting forms and sent them off just before Christmas. Haven't heard anything about my Medical yet.
    Does anyone have any idea approx. when the next PCA is due to be? Having been shocked with the timing, I have to get my fitness level back up again! :-)

You should get a PCA date within 2-3 weeks off getting your vetting forms and you should have around 6 weeks to prepare for it when it comes through. The medical letter comes within a couple of days after passing the PCA and I had around 3 weeks of a gap between the PCA and medical dates. My vetting has been cleared less than a month after the medical and everything is done and dusted now from getting the progression letter approx 12 weeks ago. It flies in!

Currently waiting on vetting after passing medical last month and it's still ongoing, also have done a credit check and it hasn't been searched yet, was wondering if anyone knew if you can ring vetting and query whats happening with it and find out basically if there's a hold up? Feeling really unsettled about the whole vetting process especially when it's taking longer than others :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Some bedtime reading on these long January evenings; ACPO Vetting Policy.

Very interesting reading on what they look for with regards to financial vetting (pg 101).

http://www.northants.police.uk/files/documents/Freedom%20Of%20Information/ac%5EACPO%20National%20Vetting%20Policy.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Quick question, can you pass your vetting but still receive a dear John? Or is your dear John a signal that you've failed the vetting process?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Quick question, can you pass your vetting but still receive a dear John? Or is your dear John a signal that you've failed the vetting process?

There are people on here that have passed everything in previous campaigns but recieved dear johns before getting called for GV. Unfortunately anythings possible and people can be knocked out during vetting.

• Advertisement

Sheepsy wrote: »
    There are people on here that have passed everything in previous campaigns but recieved dear johns before getting called for GV. Unfortunately anythings possible and people can be knocked out during vetting.

How gutting is that! That's my biggest worry now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Sheepsy wrote: »

The thought of that happening after getting so close to the call is horrible :(
    I keep saying it but 5 weeks really can't come quick enough!

Lmfao I know that feeling and I wouldn't wish it on anyone else in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Potsofgold

Would someone mind sending my the vetting email please. I emailed an address I have and didn't hear back so thinking it must be different. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Sent as PM.

Good luck:)

Any of you with everything done but waiting on vetting, checked to see if they have looked at your credit report?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Floral15 wrote: »
    Any of you with everything done but waiting on vetting, checked to see if they have looked at your credit report?

I checked and nothing that I could identify as of yesterday.

Reading these boards is a source of comfort that we are not alone, but it's starting to look like a small group of us are going nowhere fast.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mac91

Delighted for the folks that have been cleared, just wracking my brain trying to figure out what could be holding mine up. Been in since mid/late October.

I'm in the same boat, I rang vetting 2 days ago to try and get info and all they could tell me is that if you have moved a few times throughout the 20 years and your family members have different addresses etc, it takes longer looking into all of that compared to say someone who has lived with both parents in the one house etc.... and they also said that the credit check is one of the last things they do. It was useful info but I'm still to be checked credit wise also, which makes me think I'm way off from getting cleared. Hopefully all of us waiting on vetting will be cleared for the next batch of calls as we are in this together and at least we know we aren't alone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Potsofgold

Thanks so much to everyone that sent the address. I've passed vetting so thats all the more motivation to pass this pca soon. Good luck everyone

Advertisement