Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

QueenP wrote: »
    Things could be worse you could still be waiting to receive the forms lol once youve your medical done you'll be skipping to the finish line

I hope you're right. Got into financial difficulties years ago but it's all good now and my credit score is excellent again but just worried it might fail me. After getting this far I'm still think it'll never actually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Has anyone who has completed everything emailed or phoned vetting for an update? I want to but I'm scared lol!

No, I haven't. I'm hoping no news is good news. Surely if there was a problem with it they wouldn't have progressed us this far or at the very least they've have contacted us about it. That's what I'm hoping anyway lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭panini

If you give them a call or an email you can find out your vetting status. But no news is good news.

Aye all this talk of vetting has got me wondering so I've fired off an email today just to see.

• Advertisement

badi15 wrote: »
    Aye all this talk of vetting has got me wondering so I've fired off an email today just to see.

Let us know if they come back to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

Who is best to email

I emailed Vetting but you could probably just contact HR.

They've got back to me basically saying vetting is still ongoing and can take some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Yea as Mop 'n KevBo said the vetting is the one thing that can sail through or hold the whole thing up so until that call comes don't take anything for granted.

I'm facing the prospect of my PCA potentially expiring because my vetting still isn't cleared yet, as Mop experienced before.

I'm slightly hopeful rather than expectant at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Like I said before. If you get an opportunity to apply for C3 before you get the call please do, you'd be nuts not to. Don't take anything for granted. My vetting took that long my PCA expired then I injured myself whilst training and wasn't able to retake the PCA for 5 months. When I was fit and passed it again there was a new problem with my vetting that didn't get resolved before they closed the merit list. I missed out on 6 intakes cos of those. If you do get the call a quick call or email to Deloitte takes you off their books and youve covered all bases. The last thing you want to be doing is kicking yourself for not taking every available opportunity and precaution.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Quick question for anybody who is using experian to check if they have had a credit check

Where will it show a check has been done on the website?

I think it shows as an alert. You know where you usually see insurance companies etc doing searches?

Thanks CD

but if that's the case dam no check yet

but on the plus side my credit score :)

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    Thanks CD

but if that's the case dam no check yet

but on the plus side my credit score :)

Have you completed everything Ivan?

Has vetting told anyone that's contacted them that their vetting has actually cleared? Seems to be that even if you contact them they just say it's ongoing or something like that

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Have you completed everything Ivan?

Certainly have literally just waiting now

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Has vetting told anyone that's contacted them that their vetting has actually cleared? Seems to be that even if you contact them they just say it's ongoing or something like that

Contacted them recently and they replied same day with not cleared yet. Still hopeful for next week though!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I also made contact recently and got a prompt response, if anyone's thinking about dropping them a line I'd say go for it. I was nervous about getting in touch but it is good to know where you stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

Do you just call 101?

• Advertisement

I emailed the address provided with vetting forms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

Ah ok, I think I'll ride it out a little longer, it's not easy waiting!

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Callzo

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can give me the vetting email address. I forgot the sheet that comes with the forms. Need to ask them a question.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Hi there the address is ac&vppv [at] psni.pnn.police.uk for queries relating to your vetting application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Hi all! First time i have posted but have been following on/off from last year. I received my vetting forms last week and am now wondering when we will hear about the PCA and Medical if anyone knows roughly? Do they wait until vetting forms are recieved and passed? Any info or thoughts would be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Hi there
    You should receive online learning access shortly which takes about 1 month to complete, this will be followed by an appointment for PCA with roughly 3-4 weeks notice, the medical appointment will be approx 3-4 weeks after successfully passing the PCA.
    Then its the waiting game for the vetting to clear and for the long awaited phone call, that is of course dependent on the drugs test being clear, as far as this is concerned no news is good news :-)

I hope this helps, and of course its a pretty rough guide to my journey so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

StingrayGC wrote: »
    Hi there
    You should receive online learning access shortly which takes about 1 month to complete, this will be followed by an appointment for PCA with roughly 3-4 weeks notice, the medical appointment will be approx 3-4 weeks after successfully passing the PCA.
    Then its the waiting game for the vetting to clear and for the long awaited phone call, that is of course dependent on the drugs test being clear, as far as this is concerned no news is good news :-)

I hope this helps, and of course its a pretty rough guide to my journey so far.

Thank you Stingray, gives me a rough idea of what to expect! I recieved the online learning and it seems alot, so going to print a good bit of it today as hate reading too much on screens! Good luck with everything and thanks again!

Thanks StingrayGC! Great help

• Advertisement

Hi,

Can anyone help with a question on the vetting form?

One of the questions asks for information on any member of your family having a business interest followed by any member of your family hold a licence in respect of the sale of alcohol or betting and gaming?

My question is does a family member have to be immediate family like mum, dad, brother and sister or does it include uncles, aunts, grand parents etc?

If it does include uncles and aunts does having rental properties or farms count as a business interest?

Hope someone can help me because I emailed the vetting address and no reply.

Thanks

Advertisement