Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

I have points on my licence and my vetting went through with no problem. Only have 3 points but if you have anymore I couldn't tell you if it would be a problem or not

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Hi guys

Have recently passed the AC and therefore progressing to the next stage. I was just wondering what sort of information is required for vetting? Someone has said addresses in last 20 years? Tattoos? Just would like to be as prepared as possible in the hope the application is processed quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Quick vetting question for those in the know.

Do you have to list every penalty point you've had? I.e. since they first came out.

I haven't had that many but can't remember the exact dates and details so will involve a call to DVA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chasethedream

Homer01 wrote: »
    Quick vetting question for those in the know.

Do you have to list every penalty point you've had? I.e. since they first came out.

I haven't had that many but can't remember the exact dates and details so will involve a call to DVA.

All points will be printed on the paper part of your license with the date, amount of points and all relating codes used by police and courts for the specific offence

All points will be printed on the paper part of your license with the date, amount of points and all relating codes used by police and courts for the specific offence

Thanks but that only goes back four years as they are removed as they expire and you renew your licence.

• Advertisement

They only need to be submitted if they were still valid on the date of your application

They only need to be submitted if they were still valid on the date of your application

Got ya now. As of now I have no valid points *touch wood*. I thought they asked for EVERY single offence.

Thankfully not If that where the case a lot of us wouldn't be going any further...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

Homer01 wrote: »

Thanks but that only goes back four years as they are removed as they expire and you renew your licence.
    Declare everything. As I understand it, one of the "gotchas" is if they find out something that you haven't declared in the form.

You can make a Subject Access Request to the PSNI to find out the information they have on you regarding convictions (which includes fixed penalties for driving) - do this and you can include the info in your vetting just in case.

Link: https://www.psni.police.uk/advice_information/information-about-yourself/making-a-subject-access-request/

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Declare everything. As I understand it, one of the "gotchas" is if they find out something that you haven't declared in the form.

What this man said. If they catch on to something you don't have noted, there's very little chance of an appeal being accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

Where did you get this from? There is nothing in the guidance notes that states this.

The vetting policy on the joinPSNI site says: "(Fixed Penalty Notices may be taken into consideration when the attendant circumstances indicate a blatant disregard for the law)*" My interpretation is that they want you to declare all fixed penalties so that they can see if you are racking up a lot, but not getting a ban as they expire before you get the next one. If you have a long history of FPNs then that *might* be a concern. Previously, I declared all my points even though they had expired. If you don't declare, that could be an integrity issue.

*Source: https://joinpsni.co.uk/application-process/policies Section c(ii)

Under motoring offences part (f) untill 5 or more years have passed of 2 or more regulatory offences

I have had 2 fpn's, one 4 years ago, another one 3 years ago, declared them on my vetting and it cleared ok! My advice would be to just declare everything, expired or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 UsidoreTheBlue

They won't bin you for a minor expired driving offence, but they will bin you if you appear dishonest.

Declare everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

What is the email adress for vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Got a query regarding recent photo. I've a rather large beard that I've cultivated over some time. I'm loath to lose it but I understand it will have to be kept trimmed if I make it into the job. Do I have to whack it way back now or should I just send a picture as I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

ZeGerman wrote: »
    Got a query regarding recent photo. I've a rather large beard that I've cultivated over some time. I'm loath to lose it but I understand it will have to be kept trimmed if I make it into the job. Do I have to whack it way back now or should I just send a picture as I am?
    photos I sent in for my vetting I had a "rather large beard" also.

I'm surprised they vetted me tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Get it trimmed back before photos. You're supposed to look like your photo. The one you sent in with vetting will be used for your ID card

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vettinghell

Hi, got a quick question about vetting.

On the Counter-Terrorism check, you need two sponsors. These people need to have security clearance. I know many people that have security clearance, but none are any the wise on how to fill it in, since it asks for a sponsors reference number... What is that?

Also, what date do we put in? It says to be specific, but I don't know when we need cleared for!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

On the Counter-Terrorism check, you need two sponsors. These people need to have security clearance. I know many people that have security clearance, but none are any the wise on how to fill it in, since it asks for a sponsors reference number... What is that?

Also, what date do we put in? It says to be specific, but I don't know when we need cleared for!

Is that section not for PSNI to fill in, because do they not act as your sponsor for the CTC?

• Advertisement

Is that section not for PSNI to fill in, because do they not act as your sponsor for the CTC?
    Ahhh for F**k sake! I've been racking my brain the past five days trying to work out what they meant by that! Thank you so so much! I could actually die of happiness now!

However, a girl that has been security cleared signed the form for me but has written nothing else in the sponsor form... will I just erase it?

Ahhh for F**k sake! I've been racking my brain the past five days trying to work out what they meant by that! Thank you so so much! I could actually die of happiness now!

However, a girl that has been security cleared signed the form for me but has written nothing else in the sponsor form... will I just erase it?

I would say so, as long as it is blank I couldn't see a problem.

Hopefully someone who has completed one recently can confirm this as I can't remember 100%, it was a while in ago I filled a CTC form in but as far as I remember the form just needs filled in by the organisation you are applying for.

Brilliant - so just to confirm before I post these - the two booklets filled out to the best of your ability and knowledge, and a colour photograph enclosed. Is there anything else that needs to be sent away, such as a passport? I'm going to Amsterdam at the start of June (yes, I will behave myself!), so if passport does need to be sent, is it returned promptly enough?

Brilliant - so just to confirm before I post these - the two booklets filled out to the best of your ability and knowledge, and a colour photograph enclosed. Is there anything else that needs to be sent away, such as a passport? I'm going to Amsterdam at the start of June (yes, I will behave myself!), so if passport does need to be sent, is it returned promptly enough?

Not entirely sure as it was a while back I last did it, you might be better holding off posting them until someone who has just had the call sees your post as they will definitely know about the sponsor section and about the passport.

There are usually some on here quite early so you shouldn't have long to wait.

You don't need to send off your passport, just the photos so you'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BigEye2016

Stupid question alert. I received two booklets and two envelopes. Do they need posted back separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Guys, few questions...

Around 4/5 years ago I had to go into a police station relating to a prank in which we put flower/eggs etc over a fellow employees car... The individual called the police and we went in the next day to discuss the ongoing prank... I can't recall if I got a caution.. I remember signing an apology to the individual? Do they outright tell you if you have recieved a caution? It's abit hard to explain from the little box they give you.

Guys, few questions...

Around 4/5 years ago I had to go into a police station relating to a prank in which we put flower/eggs etc over a fellow employees car... The individual called the police and we went in the next day to discuss the ongoing prank... I can't recall if I got a caution.. I remember signing an apology to the individual? Do they outright tell you if you have recieved a caution? It's abit hard to explain from the little box they give you.
    You'll know if you got a caution. Sounds like it was a very civil matter, and they resolved it amicably. However, DO include it in your vetting forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

When filling in vetting are you guys putting N/A beside every single question/sub question that doesn't apply?? Even when it says move to question such and such?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

I was wondering that myself...its the approach i took to put N/a on everything, but that doesn't mean it's right.....id rather it be completely fully as opposed missing a question or it being returned...

Advertisement