Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

Don't really know, maybe be best popping into a police station and asking them to check your record? I'm sure if you explained why you needed it they would help!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Space_Invader

For someone to receive a caution they must admit the offence in an interview. You will also receive a piece of paper will the details of the caution on it. It would sound like you just signed an apology as part of a 'community resolution'. PSNI won't give you your record. Just write down exactly what you have told us.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Do I have to include a 30 FPN I received like 6 years ago for having non legal road plates? ( Small Plates).

Also I had a speeding course to do about 3 years ago, was doing 36 in a 30. Is there anyway police can check the date? as wouldn't want to put in the wrong dates.

Also the question of arrears or any financial Difficulties? Only debt I have is a mortgage but not in difficulties with it lo. Do I still state that?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

I only received one envelope in my forms but I seen someone else saying they have two? what did everyone else get?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

dollasign wrote: »
    I only received one envelope in my forms but I seen someone else saying they have two? what did everyone else get?

Only one for me. Both forms have to be sent together so I would assume it was just an admin error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

For someone to receive a caution they must admit the offence in an interview. You will also receive a piece of paper will the details of the caution on it. It would sound like you just signed an apology as part of a 'community resolution'. PSNI won't give you your record. Just write down exactly what you have told us.
    Add your reply here.

Thanks very much for the reply. Appreciated. It's scary how you begin to let something small like that turn into something big in your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

The section about partner?

It states anyone under 12 months doesn't have to be included. I'm with my girlfriend 10 months and thought the honest policy would be best and include it on the continuation sheet? Any advice on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

mkelly123 wrote: »
    Do I have to include a 30 FPN I received like 6 years ago for having non legal road plates? ( Small Plates).

Also I had a speeding course to do about 3 years ago, was doing 36 in a 30. Is there anyway police can check the date? as wouldn't want to put in the wrong dates.

Also the question of arrears or any financial Difficulties? Only debt I have is a mortgage but not in difficulties with it lo. Do I still state that?

You can call the fixed penalty office in relation to the first, they should be able to advise. However i did this and they had no record of past tickets. I know i had one but no one can tell me anything about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Right my lovelies! Had a few asking questions about these forms.

In my opinion I'd declare EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! Any traffic offences, warnings, cautions etc. PSNI are very big on transparency, integrity and accountability. Declare it all in my opinion. They WILL know and they're wanting to see what you fire down on the sheet.

Part 1 fill out everything. Part 2, anything that's supposed to be filled out by sponsors, ie section 2 on page 1, page 27, 28 and 29 leave blank, it's for the AC&V folk

Fill in EVERYTHING. Use NA in all sections so they know you haven't accidentally left it blank. Last thing you want is vetting hold up cos someone wasn't sure if it's supposed to be filled out or not.

Your photograph will be the one used on your ID card. If you've got a beard it needs to be trim and neat and you have to keep it, if you don't have one on your card, you can't grow one before GV. So much easier being a girl lol

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

PARTNER QUESTION.

I left my very long term partner 2 years ago. So I don't understand what bit (if any) I need to put them on. Do I include on the bits on page 8?? Cuz that looks like it's for current partner? No? And do I need to put their parents' details and prev addresses on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Ahh I'm so confused lol.. So do we put N/A at the parts to be completed by sponsors? Or do we leave this blank for PSNI to fill in?
    Who said AC was the hardest part eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

I had a caution in 2008 but as I was unsure of the dates I applied for a DAT1, it arrived back saying my dates but it said diversions 2

Does anyone know what this means as it was only one caution for one incident, so the 2 is worrying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

At the start of some sections it states "if not move onto question 16" etc.. So I've left all of the sections blank which haven't applied to me.

PARTNER QUESTION.

I left my very long term partner 2 years ago. So I don't understand what bit (if any) I need to put them on. Do I include on the bits on page 8?? Cuz that looks like it's for current partner? No? And do I need to put their parents' details and prev addresses on?

If you've only split up with them 2 years ago and you were with them for longer than a year you need to declare them and their parents addresses. I would use the space at the bottom of page 10 in part 1 booklet. Given the info or as much as possible and dates of when your relationship started and ended.

In part 2 page 6 put them in too and there's a box at the top saying if you don't know full details, tick it and fill out with data too

JD2020 wrote: »
    Ahh I'm so confused lol.. So do we put N/A at the parts to be completed by sponsors? Or do we leave this blank for PSNI to fill in?
    Who said AC was the hardest part eh?

The bit for sponsors leave blank. That's for who ever does the snopping into your life lol

D4z wrote: »
    I had a caution in 2008 but as I was unsure of the dates I applied for a DAT1, it arrived back saying my dates but it said diversions 2

Does anyone know what this means as it was only one caution for one incident, so the 2 is worrying me.

Whatever it's saying declare!

At the start of some sections it states "if not move onto question 16" etc.. So I've left all of the sections blank which haven't applied to me.

Entirely up to you. We were just told at GV leave nothing blank, if it doesn't apply then NA it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Autumn sunset

Hey all, jeeze these forms are in depth lol. Was just wondering, my boyfriend had a colourful past when he was younger, way before I met him, would that jeopardise my progression?? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Ok so in part one I've just written N/A for partner, partner's addresses for last 10 years, and partner's parents.. then I just put their name, DOB, parent's home address, and the dates that we lived together... think that's ok?

What if one suspects that said ex's parent was involved in a very serious organisation.. will that impact me?

What if you can't get your ex partners parents details??? Eughhh

• Advertisement

What if you can't get your ex partners parents details??? Eughhh. Not very straight forward because I had a relationship with someone for a year and half that I can't stand now and we don't speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

In relation to people's details

The fact is if you cannot get them, you cannot write them down.

Use the continuation pages and provide an explanation for it.
    Perhaps write down anything you do know iron the continuation pages.
    There will be people with family issues and as such they will not have all of the information.
    Just do your best and in the event they have any queries just be forthcoming with what you know

In relation to people's details

The fact is if you cannot get them, you cannot write them down.

Use the continuation pages and provide an explanation for it.
    Perhaps write down anything you do know iron the continuation pages.
    There will be people with family issues and as such they will not have all of the information.
    Just do your best and in the event they have any queries just be forthcoming with what you know

EXACTLY WHAT THIS BOARDIE SAID!!!!!!! Put it in the box or use the extra sheets. You can also use NK for Not Known.

Hey all, jeeze these forms are in depth lol. Was just wondering, my boyfriend had a colourful past when he was younger, way before I met him, would that jeopardise my progression?? :/

Possibly depending on the type of colourful. If it was linked to either side of the "divide" I'd say there's more of a possibility than if it was drunken stupidity.

If you've been dating him less than a year you won't have to dec!are it. However if it is longer then you will. If you don't disclose the info they won't be happy and you'll get nowhere. Like I said integrity and openesss are key here.

[QUOTE=wannabe2010;99563914

What if one suspects that said ex's parent was involved in a very serious organisation.. will that impact me?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's a possibility but you don't know for sure so I'd stay positive, fill out the forms as best you can and fingers crossed x

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Autumn sunset

Mop a top wrote: »
    Possibly depending on the type of colourful. If it was linked to either side of the "divide" I'd say there's more of a possibility than if it was drunken stupidity.

If you've been dating him less than a year you won't have to dec!are it. However if it is longer then you will. If you don't disclose the info they won't be happy and you'll get nowhere. Like I said integrity and openesss are key here.

Thankfully he was just a bit of a bin lid during his late teens, so hopefully I'll be alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 resp5

Anyone got any tattoos they need to send in photos of? I have 1 rather large one I'm worried about now, obviously nothing offensive about it, and it would be covered with a long sleeve shirt

resp5 wrote: »
    Anyone got any tattoos they need to send in photos of? I have 1 rather large one I'm worried about now, obviously nothing offensive about it, and it would be covered with a long sleeve shirt

I sent in photos of two. One was rather large but is on my shoulder.
    What is the worry if not offensive? Pm me if you'd rather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 resp5

Just because I know they can be funny about them sometimes, but I suppose they have to justify failing you on that!

• Advertisement

resp5 wrote: »
    Just because I know they can be funny about them sometimes, but I suppose they have to justify failing you on that!

Funny about them? They won't be. As long as it's not offensive or shows any poor group association it should be fine.
    They know people have tattoos and generally speaking if it's not in your hands, neck face etc there should be no issues.

Advertisement