Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Give them a call if no response. They are normally quite swift at replying. Definitely doing the right thing in contacting them before you send it.

A good rule of thumb would be if in doubt, stick it down anyway! Rather have too much information than too little which could hold it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Callzo wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone help with a question on the vetting form?

One of the questions asks for information on any member of your family having a business interest followed by any member of your family hold a licence in respect of the sale of alcohol or betting and gaming?

My question is does a family member have to be immediate family like mum, dad, brother and sister or does it include uncles, aunts, grand parents etc?

If it does include uncles and aunts does having rental properties or farms count as a business interest?

Hope someone can help me because I emailed the vetting address and no reply.

Thanks

If in doubt declare it! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Can anyone help me because I think I'm being mental! I read through the vetting forms when I first got them and I could of sworn it said something regarding sick days taken in the last 3 years but I can't find it now! Am I being mental or was it on the application form for the new campaign??

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

WannabePC wrote: »
    Can anyone help me because I think I'm being mental! I read through the vetting forms when I first got them and I could of sworn it said something regarding sick days taken in the last 3 years but I can't find it now! Am I being mental or was it on the application form for the new campaign??

Sick days are in the medical form you get after the PCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew roughly how long it takes the vetting email to get back to you? Sent a query on Monday and still haven't received a response 😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Floral15 wrote: »
    Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew roughly how long it takes the vetting email to get back to you? Sent a query on Monday and still haven't received a response 😕

To be fair to.the vetting team they were always quite prompt when replying to me. Had to contact them.on more than one occasion and they always got back to me within 24hrs. What email address did you use?

To be fair to.the vetting team they were always quite prompt when replying to me. Had to contact them.on more than one occasion and they always got back to me within 24hrs. What email address did you use?

I used my email address that they have to contact me, will have to contact them again today then and hopefully they get back to me before the weekend!

Do we leave pages 27,28 and 29 blank on part 2 of the vetting forms? It looks like it has to be filled in by someone else.

Do we leave pages 27,28 and 29 blank on part 2 of the vetting forms? It looks like it has to be filled in by someone else.

I am unsure of this too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

I left those blank and posted it the other day. Both sections say for 'sponsors' and as much as I'd like to sponsor myself if it meant I'd get in quicker I don't think it's for us to fill in.

Does anyone know what the quickest time frame for vetting to clear could be and do they inform us to say it's cleared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

Sheepsy wrote: »
    I left those blank and posted it the other day. Both sections say for 'sponsors' and as much as I'd like to sponsor myself if it meant I'd get in quicker I don't think it's for us to fill in.

Does anyone know what the quickest time frame for vetting to clear could be and do they inform us to say it's cleared?

Mine cleared in about 5-6 weeks, but that was unusually fast for some reason! Worst case scenario, it can take up to 6 months it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Sheepsy wrote: »

I've been told that the more times your vetted previously the quicker it can be mine cleared in just under 6 weeks as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

I've only got to the vetting stage once and so far it has been with them 3 months and it's still ongoing. Hopefully it doesn't take the full six months. If only there was a site that you could log into and check the status and it would save having to ring and email them etc.

Feels like I'm stuck in a prison and waiting to get parole into the world at this stage with all the waiting. Hopefully it's worth it in the end :)

I've only got to the vetting stage once and so far it has been with them 3 months and it's still ongoing. Hopefully it doesn't take the full six months. If only there was a site that you could log into and check the status and it would save having to ring and email them etc.

Feels like I'm stuck in a prison and waiting to get parole into the world at this stage with all the waiting. Hopefully it's worth it in the end :)

Mate...I've been where you are. It's fairly excruciating, I know. Mine took between 5 n 6 months so I feel your pain. But it'll happen! Try not to overthink it cos it pushes you to your limit. Time is on your side, there are good few intakes left yet...into 2016 from this campaign. It'll happen!

Mate...I've been where you are. It's fairly excruciating, I know. Mine took between 5 n 6 months so I feel your pain. But it'll happen! Try not to overthink it cos it pushes you to your limit. Time is on your side, there are good few intakes left yet...into 2016 from this campaign. It'll happen!

Yea I'm just keeping my fingers and toes crossed and getting on with it. Whatever is meant for you will not pass you as they say :) thanks

Would I be right to assume that they don't do the vetting until it comes near your AC score? I can't imagine them doing all that work for months and then people would drop out etc.

Would I be right to assume that they don't do the vetting until it comes near your AC score? I can't imagine them doing all that work for months and then people would drop out etc.

If they've sent out forms and they've been returned, your undergoing vetting BB.

It's why it can take so long as they've lots of people to vet on various different things

If they've sent out forms and they've been returned, your undergoing vetting BB.

It's why it can take so long as they've lots of people to vet on various different things

Oops I mean I wonder if they can actually do the vetting in say 2 weeks but don't start the process until it's getting closer to the next ac score intake.

I sent my forms back in early July and everything was still ongoing 2/3 weeks ago. I seen someone posted saying their vetting was still up in the air last week but then they got the call so it got me thinking lll

Doubt it mate. I got contacted within 3 weeks of my vetting going back about something and it still took another 4 months on top of that.

They just have so many cases, new ones and ongoing ones, that they prob do different bits in stages rather than doin one persons at a time n moving to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

Oops I mean I wonder if they can actually do the vetting in say 2 weeks but don't start the process until it's getting closer to the next ac score intake.

I sent my forms back in early July and everything was still ongoing 2/3 weeks ago. I seen someone posted saying their vetting was still up in the air last week but then they got the call so it got me thinking lll

Hope so, as mine was "ongoing" last time I checked which was just over 2 weeks ago and I returned mine in June. Needless to say I am trying not to get in touch again, but will do so if I haven't heard anything come Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Done a search but couldn't really find much more info on the subject so here goes...Penalty Points? Anyone had any issues passing with them (just 3) know of anyone who has failed because of them or just any information in general about how they're treated at the vetting stage?

I had 3 mate and I passed my vetting for what it's worth. As long as you were up front and honest on your vetting forms that shouldn't affect the outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Done a search but couldn't really find much more info on the subject so here goes...Penalty Points? Anyone had any issues passing with them (just 3) know of anyone who has failed because of them or just any information in general about how they're treated at the vetting stage?

Honesty is the key mate its better telling them than not its a matter of transparency and integrity

P.S. love the name tag

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

This is probably a very stupid question but wanted to be clear. Received vetting forms and starting to look over them in preparation for completing them. part 2 (hm gov), the guidance for completing your questionnaire at the front says "1. Compete the declaration on pages 20 abd 25." I'm assuming that is along with pages 1-19 (where applicable?) I clearly don't want to leave anything out and hold up vetting but also don't want to unnecessarily duplicate information. Sorry if this seems like a very stupid question

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

No problem in having them as long as you disclose them in vetting

Has anyone who got a progression letter in September and vetting forms in October contacted vetting branch yet to see if it's cleared?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Has anyone who got a progression letter in September and vetting forms in October contacted vetting branch yet to see if it's cleared?

No point contacting until at least a week after your medical because the substance misuse test counts as vetting.

fish2690 wrote: »
    No point contacting until at least a week after your medical because the substance misuse test counts as vetting.

Ahh ok, I'll maybe wait another few weeks until January before I contact them.

Also, has anyone checked their credit score yet to see if it's been checked by the po po?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Also, has anyone checked their credit score yet to see if it's been checked by the po po?

I checked mine a few weeks back there dude, seen there was one done mid November on me take it you have had one?

Advertisement