Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

I am aware that for some people the vetting process can take up to 6 months, but could anyone provide me with an average time-span estimation? Because this seems to be a deciding factor as to how quickly you proceed. Any input appreciated!

I've no idea. I don't know why some peoples takes longer than others or what could hold it up. I had always assumed if you heard nothing about it then you're good but it would seem that's not always the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

I am aware that for some people the vetting process can take up to 6 months, but could anyone provide me with an average time-span estimation? Because this seems to be a deciding factor as to how quickly you proceed. Any input appreciated!

Captain Truth, do you mind me asking...are you from the first batch of people (ie got progression letter in January?)

I'm probably overthinking absolutely everything but vetting definitely seems to be the longest process. Obviously the guys that got calls last month got their vetting way back in January which is basically 6 months. I got my vetting forms in June and within two weeks my PCA date had arrived and now I'm waiting on my medical. If it takes as long as 6 months to clear vetting that would basically take me up to December. Given that PCA only lasts 6 months as well it's all cutting a bit fine for everyone at the same stage as me?

Catdog33 wrote: »
    I'm probably overthinking absolutely everything but vetting definitely seems to be the longest process. Obviously the guys that got calls last month got their vetting way back in January which is basically 6 months. I got my vetting forms in June and within two weeks my PCA date had arrived and now I'm waiting on my medical. If it takes as long as 6 months to clear vetting that would basically take me up to December. Given that PCA only lasts 6 months as well it's all cutting a bit fine for everyone at the same stage as me?

Hey Catdog :-)

Well, I spoke with the vetting team a month ago and everyone takes a different length of time. Some peoples can go through in a couple of months, some 3 months and unfortunately some can take longer.

I'm no expert but it's down to a multitude of things. Previous addresses, any information relating to you on the Police National Database, family etc...

All I'd say to you though is keen the faith! My vetting is a month or so behind everyone from batch one cos of a mix up in forms so I know what your goin through!

Hey Catdog :-)

Well, I spoke with the vetting team a month ago and everyone takes a different length of time. Some peoples can go through in a couple of months, some 3 months and unfortunately some can take longer.

I'm no expert but it's down to a multitude of things. Previous addresses, any information relating to you on the Police National Database, family etc...

All I'd say to you though is keen the faith! My vetting is a month or so behind everyone from batch one cos of a mix up in forms so I know what your goin through!

Cheers midget! Did you only find out that your vetting was behind when you contacted them? I didn't realise you could follow it up!

• Advertisement

Cheers midget! Did you only find out that your vetting was behind when you contacted them? I didn't realise you could follow it up!

Vetting actually emailed me to see why I hadn't sent my vetting forms back to them...I never received them! This was before I discovered this site so I had no clue that everyone else had received theirs!

So I'm very much in limbo...High AC score, first batch but due to the vetting issue I'm hanging on until....who knows I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

All clear now which is good and lets hope you get a call this coming week! Fingers crossed.

No way that's crazy! You should defo be at the top of the list for calls this week/next then!

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    All clear now which is good and lets hope you get a call this coming week! Fingers crossed.

Hope so KB, last I heard was a month ago n it still wasn't cleared. Gotta see what the week brings I guess!

The nerves must really be settling in for you now! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

Do they contact you regarding vetting to let you know if or when it's through?

• Advertisement

jaylu wrote: »
    Do they contact you regarding vetting to let you know if or when it's through?

Apparently not! What stage are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Apparently not! What stage are you at?

Guys check experian the credit reporting site it'll show you when they've checked out your financial bit :) but remember to cancel your subscription within the 30 days or you'll get charged £14.99 a month

Haha neat idea with the experian check! I'm just waiting now, I have my pca, online learning and recently my medical all done and dusted.

Oh brilliant! I wish I was in your position. I'm hoping for vetting forms soon. Im sure you'll hear soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

QueenP wrote: »
    Guys check experian the credit reporting site it'll show you when they've checked out your financial bit :) but remember to cancel your subscription within the 30 days or you'll get charged £14.99 a month

Hey! Do you happen to know when in the vetting process they do the credit check, like the start or end? Although knowing this process there is no rhyme or reason to it!

820sox wrote: »
    Hey! Do you happen to know when in the vetting process they do the credit check, like the start or end? Although knowing this process there is no rhyme or reason to it!

Mine was a few weeks after I had sent my forms in, I think between my familiarisation session and PCA. I suppose it just depends how many forms they have to process ahead of yours if u get me.

I'll not get excited just yet, there's so much uncertainty with the whole process! Best to remain a bit detached until the call comes, for me anyway, I'd go mad thinking it over and over ha

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

Captain Truth, do you mind me asking...are you from the first batch of people (ie got progression letter in January?)

Hi Midgetgem, no I am in the most recent batch, and got my forms sent off about 4 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Hi Midgetgem, no I am in the most recent batch, and got my forms sent off about 4 weeks ago.

Hi Captain, maybe you already mentioned. But have you went through your PCA yet? Or is your date coming up soon?

I submitted my vetting forms about 6 weeks ago and they still haven't done the credit check. What takes them so long? I'm getting impatient lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

I submitted my vetting forms about 6 weeks ago and they still haven't done the credit check. What takes them so long? I'm getting impatient lol!

In the same boat here Catdog. No checks have came through yet.
    Hard to grin and bear current employment. Need to try and forget about it for a while which is easier said than done

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

I'd submitted vetting forms start of July and they had credit check done 3 days later, seems to be up in air on timescales with everyone :(

I'd submitted vetting forms start of July and they had credit check done 3 days later, seems to be up in air on timescales with everyone :(

Same here Derob, I took advise of one of the posters on here and signed up to experian. Vetting was posted at the beginning of July, and my credit check was done second week of July. So its all over the place really.
    Try not to get too stressed with all of this guys.
    I know it's tormenting, but just keep the patience going :)

I'm just so anxious because I got my online learning, vetting and PCA date all within two/three weeks of each other when the previous two batches had a good gap between vetting and PCA. By my calculation and the usual timescale if I pass medical it would be a potential end oct/start nov start but vetting would need to be cleared by September to receive a call. Sept seems too close when the form was only submitted mid June. Aah! I hate this lol!!

I'm just so anxious because I got my online learning, vetting and PCA date all within two/three weeks of each other when the previous two batches had a good gap between vetting and PCA. By my calculation and the usual timescale if I pass medical it would be a potential end oct/start nov start but vetting would need to be cleared by September to receive a call. Sept seems too close when the form was only submitted mid June. Aah! I hate this lol!!
    It's all a test of patience, think the best thing is to relax and not try and think about it too much, I know easier said than done as I think about it 24/7 too, but always believe in 'if it's meant to be it will happen' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

Any one else still not have a credit search showing after sending off their vetting forms? I've had no contact from them whatsoever. I would've expected something by now. I've done online learning, PCA, and have my medical in the next few weeks.

badi15 wrote: »
    Any one else still not have a credit search showing after sending off their vetting forms? I've had no contact from them whatsoever. I would've expected something by now. I've done online learning, PCA, and have my medical in the next few weeks.

Things could be worse you could still be waiting to receive the forms lol once youve your medical done you'll be skipping to the finish line

• Advertisement

badi15 wrote: »

Hi there, it seems the Vetting is a bit random.
    I checked on experian, and I've had my credit check carried out. But I'm still waiting on my PCA, although I have my date for it in a few weeks with all being well the medical to follow. So it seems some applicants vetting is maybe just a bit more straightforward than others.
    Who knows.

Advertisement