Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG4 Irish DTT: BCI & Launch issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭scath

Humax EPG for 3 Rock, I think using channel 56.....etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭roverdublin

My Pinnacle USB stick receives the following stations in best quality.

RTE1,
    Network2,
    TV3,
    TnaG,

I could not make out what this is all about??
    DAB did not change anyway, so what is this in the TV Search mode????

Radio1, ??
    Radio2, ??
    Lyric, ??
    RnaG ??

I have tryed NERO HOME 8.0 as well and it seems to work too with Pinnacle sticks. :)

My Adstech mini-Dual TV shows black screen and won't let me modify, but DVB Viewer shows them fine using Cyberlink. The trial version is up in 2 days after which I don't know will the codec be disabled? Also have problem viewing DVDs other than with Cyberlink and audio doesn't go off once headphone is plugged in. I think I should go back to retailer. Having said that, was sold as Vista but I reverted to XP for the usual reasons ie printer compatibility etc..

They're obviously carrying radio on the DTT following satellite tradition.

What line-up would I like to see: RTE1,RTE2, RTE3,TV3, TV3Today, C6/3Expose, Oireachtas 1, Oireachtas International (EUTV), Irish Film Channel, RTE News Now-timeshare Euronews- 10 TV channels. Have to say would prefer France 24 than Euronews. But RTÉ is a shareholder in Euronews.

My Pinnacle USB stick receives the following stations in best quality.

RTE1,
    Network2,
    TV3,
    TG4,

I could not make out what this is all about??
    DAB did not change anyway, so what is this in the TV Search mode????

Radio1, ??
    2FM ??
    Lyric, ??
    RnaG ??

I have tryed NERO HOME 8.0 as well and it seems to work too with Pinnacle sticks. :)

scath wrote: »
    The trial version is up in 2 days after which I don't know will the codec be disabled?

My friend has the trial version and while the app was disabled after 30 days the H.264 codec still worked in other programs even after that date.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Karsini wrote: »
    My friend has the trial version and while the app was disabled after 30 days the H.264 codec still worked in other programs even after that date.

Just download and install the CCCP codec pack- saves all the licensing hassle (and its opensource freeware- so you're not breaking any rules).

• Advertisement

I see it contains ffdshow, wonder if it uses that for H.264? I could never get its H.264 decoding to work, only got random blocks and no watchable picture.

I see it contains ffdshow, wonder if it uses that for H.264? I could never get its H.264 decoding to work, only got random blocks and no watchable picture.

Ooops- just noticed I have the VLC player installed too- obviously its the classic player thats handling the MPEG 4 playback.......

That means that DVB Viewer will work nice of Cyberlink to leave it with me. But having a working DVD player showing video, dunno why and audio still a problem with the fujitsu siemens amilos with xp regarding my headphone jack ie software not working properly ie not switching off speakers when plug is in. Anyone notice the signal from 3 rock was off for a few hours, but a rescan returned them on changed later ie no added radio stations.

audio still a problem with the fujitsu siemens amilos with xp regarding my headphone jack ie software not working properly ie not switching off speakers when plug is in.

You might have a HD Audio sound chip, these have jack detection features that can be problematic at times. Did you disable any startup items related to the sound card? One of them might be required for the jack detection to work.

it uses HD audio Deck. Can't find where is started or not Karsini, where should I look. Also, the other Media players except Cyberlink show video of my films. Maybe this is related to the DVB-T usb stick

• Advertisement

If you didn't disable it yourself then it's probably not disabled. Check the type of sound card it is, go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices. The name of the card should be listed near the top of the tab beside the speaker icon.

If you didn't disable it yourself then it's probably not disabled. Check the type of sound card it is, go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices. The name of the card should be listed near the top of the tab beside the speaker icon.

Via High Definition Audio (UAA) Via HD ADeck

I had the Sound setting audio playback as HD rear output, so I changed that to front headphone. Maybe that will resolve it. I must try it

When I changed it to Headphone then with headphone works but not speakers. Trying am testing the sound hardware test wizard for seeing if my microphone is working and the playback is greyed out . Instead of rear output am setting in to soundphones. Well at least my headphones are working. The speak on the laptop was never great anyways and if I put in speakers into the headphone jack it'll work grand I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EVOP

Joe Bangle wrote: »
    Yes -- eight channels: four TV and four radio: RTE 1, RTE 2, TG4, TV3, 2FM, LYRIC, RADIO 1, RnaG

Picking up all 8 channels from Three Rock on my Sony W3000 TV.
    I have noticed that the time it takes to change MPEG4 encoded channels is annoyingly slow! :(

Can anyone tell me if EPG information is currently being transmitted. I do not get the 7 day program information anymore for RTE/TV3/TG4. Not sure if it is a problem with my telly or I'm expecting too much too soon. :confused:

This morning there appears to be a syncing problem between audio and visual. Audio appears to be running .2 second faster than pictures on all channels. Its very noticeable. Someone playing with some setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pnag

I could pick up the digital channels no bother pre 31st of July here in Maynooth, but have got nothing at all since!

Even a channel scan this morning yielded nothing. And that's with a Sony Bravia tuner and a seperate Cinergy DVB-T usb stick on a PC.

Analog channels are still coming in fine though?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭alz

Can anyone, who managed to receive the programs, confirm the video resolution of those programs please? Are they HD or SD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

alz wrote: »
    Can anyone, who managed to receive the programs, confirm the video resolution of those programs please? Are they HD or SD?

alz: Mpeg4 H264 SD - the main problem is people who only receive sound are using mpeg2 tuners which are no longer of any use here.

EVOP: RTE have I understand switched to 64QAM which may explain the "delay" in channel switching/flicking.

No EPG. AFAIK RTE developing there own EPG on MHEG5.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Peddyr

Hello all,

Does anybody know where I can get one of these Neotion CAMs? There seem to be a few people using them but nobody has mentioned where or how to get hold of them. Internet search proved fruitless. Hope you can help?

Thanks.

Peddyr

Also a time error of one hour behind on my stb..I presume I have to flash the drive also with a firmware upgrade. Its in one of the threads I think. If you ca refer me. I see the programme info is back with a retune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭BowWow

Also a time error of one hour behind on my stb..I presume I have to flash the drive also with a firmware upgrade. Its in one of the threads I think. If you ca refer me. I see the programme info is back with a retune.

I fixed my time error by just adjusting the time setting in the menu, grand since.

Peddyr wrote: »
    Hello all,

Does anybody know where I can get one of these Neotion CAMs? There seem to be a few people using them but nobody has mentioned where or how to get hold of them. Internet search proved fruitless. Hope you can help?

Thanks.

Peddyr

www.dvbshop.net

Seeing as almost 30 have been sold to Ireland in the past 2 weeks, I'm not surprised they are out of stock. I rang and was told they are expected back within 10 days though- and they are taking orders regardless. Shipping is DHL (2-3 days). Make sure you order the Viaccess CAMs not the Conax ones. If you don't want to wait- Satellite weekly have 4 or 5 different retailers in their ad pages (based in the UK- dvbshop are in Germany). The Viaccess CAM seems to be £15-£20 more expensive than the Conax one from the UK retailers. Maybe they've cottoned onto inherent demand from here? ****.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

NO. Dont do that! The firmware is only for people who's Humax machines where not displaying the picture.

Lip Sync issue: On the Humax control hold down the mute button for 3-5 seconds and you'll get sync bar which you can adjust yourself.

Noticed the sync is slipping myself.

BowWow wrote: »
    I fixed my time error by just adjusting the time setting in the menu, grand since.

I loaned my box to my friend since her pic was terrible with analogue and I have the usb stick anyhow ad good analogue reception. (trial box, not MHEG4 one). She put the settings to European time, ie forward 1 hour. Grand, I don't need to flash the humax box as haven't that problem stb.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

smccarrick wrote: »
    www.dvbshop.net

Make sure you order the Viaccess CAMs not the Conax ones.

Why is that?

It is not encrypted at the moment, but it was Conax before, (see pic)

Mind you I have a conax Viaaccess CAM and it doesn't work with my Panasonic TH37PX80 plasma - I think it is precisely because there is no encryption flag up, so the TV won't route the datastream through the CAM

Very little info about these devices that I can find on the web

Why is that?

Probably because Boxer intend to use Viacesss so it would at least in theory mean you could use it for them if you wish. No guarantees though.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

STB wrote: »
    NO. Dont do that! The firmware is only for people who's Humax machines where not displaying the picture.

Lip Sync issue: On the Humax control hold down the mute button for 3-5 seconds and you'll get sync bar which you can adjust yourself.

Noticed the sync is slipping myself.
    #

Just back from hols and switched on the Humax trial box and no signals so did a retune but now only sound on RTE mux ch 58 so looks like mpeg 4 is being used , can the humax 2000HD box :(or conax cam be flashed to give mpeg 4 guyz?? Ta

John Dough wrote: »
    #

Just back from hols and switched on the Humax trial box and no signals so did a retune but now only sound on RTE mux ch 58 so looks like mpeg 4 is being used , can the humax 2000HD box :(or conax cam be flashed to give mpeg 4 guyz?? Ta
    MPEG-4 firmware here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56859266&postcount=8

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

OK got the firmware but it is not a hdf file just a application so what is needed to flash it?

• Advertisement

You need a DB9 female-female serial null modem cable.

Advertisement