Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N22 - Macroom to Ballyvourney (Macroom Bypass) [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Mott McDonald appointed for Consultant Employer Role

Absolutely delightful

Roll on the contractor appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Roadrunner99

marno21 wrote: »
    Absolutely delightful

Roll on the contractor appointment

How long does that usually take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Excuse my ignorance but what does the Consultant Employer do in the whole scheme of things in a project?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Limerick74

Benildus wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but what does the Consultant Employer do in the whole scheme of things in a project?

Employer’s Representative is the full title. For scheme’s like the N22 they will help prepare the tender documents for the main contract and then carry out contract administration for the contract and review the Contractor’s detailed design which is prepared by separate designers that work together with the contractor. They will also assess payments and claims. They act for the Employer (Cork County Council).

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

How long does that usually take?

Probably 12 to 18 months. Pre Qualification of Contractors initially and then a Tender Competition involving tender designs

Business Case will have to go to DTTAS and DPER which can hold things up

• Advertisement

Probably 12 to 18 months. Pre Qualification of Contractors initially and then a Tender Competition involving tender designs

Business Case will have to go to DTTAS and DPER which can hold things up

Thanks. All this means it'll definitely be a Q1 2020 start date if it takes up to 18 months with the tender proces.

Drove through macroom yesterday and I see there's still a bit of archaeological work happening on the ground does anyone know when this will be completed or is there no set date? Does this have to be completed before it can be put out to tender?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Drove through macroom yesterday and I see there's still a bit of archaeological work happening on the ground does anyone know when this will be completed or is there no set date? Does this have to be completed before it can be put out to tender?
    It was supposed to be complete in Q1 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed due to weather

It should be complete by the time a tender is issued - I wouldn't expect it to delay the process

It was supposed to be complete in Q1 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed due to weather

It should be complete by the time a tender is issued - I wouldn't expect it to delay the process

If you had a wild guess when do you think this project will be put out to tender? In the next few months?

Hopefully during the summer, depending on if the scheme is accelerated under the new capital allocations from the National Development Plan.

Will be refreshing knowing the replacement is on the way whilst driving through that 7km jokeshop east of Ballyvourney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Truckermal wrote: »

Brilliant stuff, the answer to your question roadrunner is tomorrow!

I would be surprised if this doesn't start in late 2019 if the tender process is starting tomorrow.

Brilliant stuff, the answer to your question roadrunner is tomorrow!

I would be surprised if this doesn't start in late 2019 if the tender process is starting tomorrow.

Great stuff... So this is the official tender for this project?

Very bad accident just west of macroom one man has died at the scene and another person seriously injury being airlifted to hospital

The N22 Ballyvourney-Macroom scheme has now gone to tender: https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase.asp?PID=128180

Applicants to the prequal stage have until June 8th to apply and invitations to tender will be issued on July 13th.

Sadly on the day that the scheme officially goes to tender, we lost another life on this stretch of road. RIP to the man involved and hopefully this gets underway so that a stop is put to these safety issues

The N22 Ballyvourney-Macroom scheme has now gone to tender: https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase.asp?PID=128180

Applicants to the prequal stage have until June 8th to apply and invitations to tender will be issued on July 13th.

Sadly on the day that the scheme officially goes to tender, we lost another life on this stretch of road. RIP to the man involved and hopefully this gets underway so that a stop is put to these safety issues

With this project now out to tender when is a realistic date for construction to start on the route? Is is just a matter of funding becoming available or is the funding there now that it is put out to tender?

With this project now out to tender when is a realistic date for construction to start on the route? Is is just a matter of funding becoming available or is the funding there now that it is put out to tender?
    It *could* start in mid 2019, provided funding will be allocated for 2019 for the project.

We'll find out for sure in the next few weeks but I would be fairly sure this wouldn't be tendered this early unless the plan was to start in 2019.

It *could* start in mid 2019, provided funding will be allocated for 2019 for the project.

We'll find out for sure in the next few weeks but I would be fairly sure this wouldn't be tendered this early unless the plan was to start in 2019.

That's good to know especially after the tragic accident that happened there on friday. When should we hear who won the contract to construct the bypass?

That's good to know especially after the tragic accident that happened there on friday. When should we hear who won the contract to construct the bypass?
    Around this time next year at the earliest. We should get a more concrete date as time goes on, and the Examiner or one of the local papers will likely run an article on how the process is going especially with a potential election around the corner.

TII are quite anxious to get this done quickly as it has considerable safety issues. The existing road especially around Coolavokig and west of it is an embarrassment.

Around this time next year at the earliest. We should get a more concrete date as time goes on, and the Examiner or one of the local papers will likely run an article on how the process is going especially with a potential election around the corner.

TII are quite anxious to get this done quickly as it has considerable safety issues. The existing road especially around Coolavokig and west of it is an embarrassment.

Desperate stretch of road from the mons bar to just outside ballyvourney tbh. Great to see that this project is now nearly at the construction stage been a long time coming hopefully they'll continue on from coolcower to ovens in the not too distant future.

• Advertisement

Article from de paper on the tender process for the scheme:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/tenders-sought-for-macroom-bypass-470179.html

Good to see publicity around the scheme and its benefits as opposed to the different approach the Examiner took to the M28

Article from de paper on the tender process for the scheme:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/tenders-sought-for-macroom-bypass-470179.html

Good to see publicity around the scheme and its benefits as opposed to the different approach the Examiner took to the M28

Marno has the delay in the M28 getting planning been a benefit to the macroom bypass being brought forward to tender a project that was already well advanced in the process?

Marno has the delay in the M28 getting planning been a benefit to the macroom bypass being brought forward to tender a project that was already well advanced in the process?

No effect whatsoever. Macroom bypass was fully funded independently of other schemes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Once this is completed what’s the expected travel time from Cork City - Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I presume, just under 1 hour. Officially maybe a bit over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Water John wrote: »
    So, maybe 15 minutes faster but also much easier and safer driving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Water John wrote: »

I’d imagine once you eliminate Macroom Lissarda and Ballyvorne it would be faster than that!

I’d say the private speed vans company are disgusted. The Cork - Killarney Road was a favorite spot of there’s

That all depends on what time of the day, you get to Macroom ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

I’d say the private speed vans company are disgusted. The Cork - Killarney Road was a favorite spot of there’s

Why would they be disgusted?
    They are paid a fixed fee to record a certain amount of hours per day/week etc.
    They dont collect a percentage of fines paid.

• Advertisement

The speed van is usually on the stretch from Duniskey to Ovens, multiple locations. Only done once, at 5.15am.

Advertisement