Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Works in Killeagh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dutchy15

Cycle lanes have red tarmac don't they?

Is it the whole road?

One whole section of road is red. I think it's just for appearance purposes. They have to make it look like a professional well worked job now to hide to u mitigated disaster that the whole project has been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

dutchy15 wrote: »
    One whole section of road is red. I think it's just for appearance purposes. They have to make it look like a professional well worked job now to hide to u mitigated disaster that the whole project has been

How much will the whole project of the 2 towns cost and how much of an impact would that have made on the cost of a bypass.

I don't expect a reply to this tweet from David Stanton.

https://twitter.com/CorkTruckDriver/status/910127916746510336

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

paddyref wrote: »
    Anyone know why the tarmac put down last night is RED!!!

Probably have to dig it all up and start again so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I don't expect a reply to this tweet from David Stanton.

https://twitter.com/CorkTruckDriver/status/910127916746510336

Not a chance of either. M20 is more urgent anyway imo.

• Advertisement

mordeith wrote: »
    Not a chance of either. M20 is more urgent anyway imo.

Jasus, the M50 will get a bypass before the M20 is built. :rolleyes:

Jasus, the M50 will get a bypass before the M20 is built. :rolleyes:

It'll still happen before a bypass for Castlemartyr, Killeagh

mordeith wrote: »
    It'll still happen before a bypass for Castlemartyr, Killeagh

I want to believe that, but this is backwards Ireland.

I want to believe that, but this is backwards Ireland.

That's the truth. They turned off the water in Killeagh yesterday from around four o'clock to midnight. No notification given. They had some private builder from Kildorrery doing some works on the road for some reason as well for that past week or so.

I just had war Tom O Connor Managing Director of MEIC. The main contractors. I asked him he any regrets regarding the project. He went mental. He thinks they have done a great job and says he has got letters from people in Killeagh thanking him but no complaints.

Said I was a bit self appointed and not representing anyone. As if I need to set up a group to voice a message complaint.

It ended up being 15 minute roaring match.

I told him he should be embarrassed

No hint of admitting they could have done things better

My heart is racing in anger

Number deleted mp22

• Advertisement

I just had lengthy argument with Tom O Connor Managing Director of MEIC. The main contractors. I asked him he any regrets regarding the project. He went mental. He thinks they have done a great job and says he has got letters from people in Killeagh thanking him but no complaints.

Said I was a bit self appointed and not representing anyone. As if I need to set up a group to voice a message complaint.

It ended up being 15 minute roaring match.

I told him he should be embarrassed

No hint of admitting they could have done things better

My heart is racing in anger

]

Tom O Connor
    Managing Director

Roanmore wrote: »
    I work with numerous people living in Killeagh and none of them would be thanking him.

What would best way of me getting a questionnaire/petition to people(the people of Killeagh and around) to answer to answer a few. Question about how to they feel the project was managed and it went overall so I can then produce to him To prove he is talking nonsense

What would best way of me getting a questionnaire/petition to people(the people of Killeagh and around) to answer to answer a few. Question about how to they feel the project was managed and it went overall so I can then produce to him To prove he is talking nonsense

You could always do up a Survey Monkey and post the link here. We can spread the link then via our own personal networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

So with Castlemartyr marked up I can only presume that the Killeagh to Mogeely road is going to be heavily congested. Not that I'd blame anyone either as I'll be amongst them..

Is there any word on whether it's the same crowd doing the works in Castlemartyr? If not then maybe they may be far quicker in getting the job done.

Please say it's not the same crowd..!

FGR wrote: »
    So with Castlemartyr marked up I can only presume that the Killeagh to Mogeely road is going to be heavily congested. Not that I'd blame anyone either as I'll be amongst them..

Is there any word on whether it's the same crowd doing the works in Castlemartyr? If not then maybe they may be far quicker in getting the job done.

Please say it's not the same crowd..!

It's very possible. They have an equal right to tender for the project like any other crowed. I asked Ms of MEIC yesterday would they bit bidding for the castlemartyr job as I said I hope to God they weren't. He just went on the defence saying we could do the job as good as anyone. I clearly disputed his point saying it'd clear you are unable to manage such a project. I got the impression they went for it and may or may not have got it. He wouldn't say

Call Cork county Council they can tell you.

Pick up the phone to these people

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭paddyref

Hurray, they finally filled in that hole across from the Thatch pub, talk about tearing the arse out of a job.😕

paddyref wrote: »
    Hurray, they finally filled in that hole across from the Thatch pub, talk about tearing the arse out of a job.😕

They'll dig it up next week if previous work is anything to by!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Work starting next Monday on the Youghal by pass according to the a sign on the bypass.

Work starting next Monday on the Youghal by pass according to the a sign on the bypass.

What have they planned there? The bypass was finished long ago. I swear to God this could drive me mad. Then I hear more infrastructure announced for motorways out of Dublin today. Typical. What about the loons game over due projects like Cork to limerick and off Cork the disastrous of 25 that we all know needs some. Bypasses at the very least. Preferably a motorway

I'm currently trying to find out what it does anybody know what they are actually doing with these planned works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

This is all I could find at the moment, not surprisingly the dates were wrong

http://www.eastcorkjournal.ie/further-traffic-chaos-set-to-continue-in-killeagh-till-august/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there's a new article on that site, expressing concern that the Castlemartyr works might over run. http://www.eastcorkjournal.ie/concern-mounts-for-castlemartyr-road-works-following-killeagh-delays/

deRanged wrote: »
    there's a new article on that site, expressing concern that the Castlemartyr works might over run. http://www.eastcorkjournal.ie/concern-mounts-for-castlemartyr-road-works-following-killeagh-delays/

So we find out today if MEIC got the job., it appears from that article that nobody would be happy if they got it given the disaster that was/is Killeagh.

I spoke to some of those councilors mentioned and to be fair they said they would look into it all and it appears they have particular
    Cllr Michael Hearty. He is a was a pleasure to deal with and appears be very active on these issues now

I think everyone is accepting of the fact the project will go over schedule.

So we find out today if MEIC got the job., it appears from that article that nobody would be happy if they got it given the disaster that was/is Killeagh.

I spoke to some of those councilors mentioned and to be fair they said they would look into it all and it appears they have particular
    Cllr Michael Hearty. He is a was a pleasure to deal with and appears be very active on these issues now

I think everyone is accepting of the fact the project will go over schedule.

Does that mean over budget or is there a tender in place?

Does that mean over budget or is there a tender in place?

Tender has been out. It's been rewarded today. We just hope it's not same contractor as Killeagh cause then we are screwed

Tender has been out. It's been rewarded today. We just hope it's not same contractor as Killeagh cause then we are screwed

If that contractor gets it then i am going via the M8 to Tallow and onto Waterford, i'll be quicker!

If that contractor gets it then i am going via the M8 to Tallow and onto Waterford, i'll be quicker!

True but what about going the other way in morning for the likes of myself. You would end up at dunkettle from Dublin side which is a disaster

True but what about going the other way in morning for the likes of myself. You would end up at dunkettle from Dublin side which is a disaster

Coming the other way is nothing short of a disaster.

Especially heading for the Christmas rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I wonder will the sunken manhole covers on the far side of the bridge of castlemartyr be fixed? The amount of evasive driving you have to do just to protect your shock absorbers.

• Advertisement

Fella from youghal told me earlier today that MEIC won the castlemartyr contract. I might add that's one person. Not confirmed. God help us all to if it's true

Advertisement