Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Alias B

Sham, if thats true that means the next intake wont be until March at the earliest!!!! I think we were all assuming it would be Febuary because of previous years! Thats terrible news!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunkissed12

Alias B wrote: »
    Sham, if thats true that means the next intake wont be until March at the earliest!!!! I think we were all assuming it would be Febuary because of previous years! Thats terrible news!!!!:mad:

They'd hardly say it if it wasn't true !

Oh no, you took me up wrong or maybe i wasnt clear!!! Im not disputing what they said at all! I was just speculating!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 google08

Yes I do agree that the budget today will have a huge impact on when the next stages of the recruitment will be. That is a shame that there is no medicals before late jan and will push everything out.
    I suppose it is a good thing that nobody has come on to confirm that the nov intake was not cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunkissed12

google08 wrote: »
    Yes I do agree that the budget today will have a huge impact on when the next stages of the recruitment will be. That is a shame that there is no medicals before late jan and will push everything out.
    I suppose it is a good thing that nobody has come on to confirm that the nov intake was not cancelled.

They obviously have the inside track :) At least they gave me a straight answer on the time frame. Personally I'm much happier now knowing i can relax till after Christmas, gives me more time to get fit ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah, i suppose its good we've been given an unofficial time frame to work with now! Still would be nice to know in an official capacity when the next intake is after November! Would love to be a fly on the wall up there!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

The classes were always Feb, May, Aug and Nov and this tied with other phases coming and going to ensure accommodation, lecturers etc were available. There is a calendar in the college with the class names etc KK or whatever.

The least we can expect is a slow down, as is already the case, but I still think that they will stick to those dates but the numbers will be reduced rapidly - this is my opinion based on no facts!

There are people waiting since '07 if not before so nobody can be sure when / if they will be offered a place. The fast tracking of previous years when people applied, interviewed and started in 3 months appears long gone.

4pm will shed a little light but alot of us will still be in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

They obviously have the inside track :) At least they gave me a straight answer on the time frame. Personally I'm much happier now knowing i can relax till after Christmas, gives me more time to get fit ;)

Same here, i'm not in any rush, still a few things i need to sort out so i need the time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

MOG7 wrote: »
    Same here, i'm not in any rush, still a few things i need to sort out so i need the time:)

Suits me fine. There's no rush. Means I've more time to save and get my house in order.

Onkle wrote: »
    Suits me fine. There's no rush. Means I've more time to save and get my house in order.

I'll have to sort out my two cars, i need to sell one but i don't want to:) I think i'll just work on getting fit and get my eyes and teeth all checked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

MOG7 wrote: »
    I'll have to sort out my two cars, i need to sell one but i don't want to:) I think i'll just work on getting fit and get my eyes and teeth all checked.

Well the cars are the important things!! Please don't sell the MR2. It'd be a sin

Onkle wrote: »
    Well the cars are the important things!! Please don't sell the MR2. It'd be a sin

pmsl, i plan on keeping it on i think mate, just finish it when i have time. I'll have a MR2 turbo which i'm picking up in a couple weeks for traveling to Templemore:D

Now back on topic:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

ye are in a good situation though lads people who are waiting to apply could be waiting months/yrs at least ye have the aptitude and interview done. ye will get in just will take longer than when i did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

Celtic07 wrote: »
    ye are in a good situation though lads people who are waiting to apply could be waiting months/yrs at least ye have the aptitude and interview done. ye will get in just will take longer than when i did

Hey celtic, Have pct next week and just wondering is november definitely full or would I be offered a job??

Hey celtic, Have pct next week and just wondering is november definitely full or would I be offered a job??

i dont have a clue on phase 2 at the mo so not in the college. i say it is full or nearly full though just my guess could be wrong due to the numbers decrease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

Celtic07 wrote: »
    i dont have a clue on phase 2 at the mo so not in the college. i say it is full though just my guess could be wrong

Cheers man, how you finding it?

gud craic so far suppossed to be best phase of the training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Tackling Crime – An Absolute Priority

Speaking on the publication of the 2009 Estimates, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Mr. Dermot Ahern T.D., said the major focus and challenge for 2009 will be to maintain frontline services in the Justice area.
    The Minister said: "Tackling crime will be my top priority for 2009 and the Estimates package for my Department and particularly An Garda Síochána reflect the seriousness of our intent – notwithstanding the changed economic circumstances."
    "As a Government we are signalling very clearly that policing, crime prevention and tackling crime are priority items in the Justice area in 2009. Funding follows the priorities; that means of course that some Justice agencies will have significantly reduced budgets in 2009. However they will retain funding for their core activities."

Headline Points

Garda Recruitment to continue in 2009
    • The attested strength of An Garda Síochána to increase to almost 14,900 by the end of 2009 from its current attested strength of 14,267. In addition to the almost 1,100 recruits currently in training, four hundred new recruits will be taken on during 2009.

"In circumstances where numbers are being significantly reduced throughout the public sector, maintaining Garda strength is a key indicator of the government resolve to make our country a safer place", the Minister stated. The Minister went on to say that the easy option would have been to maintain overtime spending at a very high level and to cease recruiting. The Minister said that the Gardaí will have a substantial overtime budget of €80m which is down from this year’s budget of €108m. However, the increase in the number of Gardaí, together with the flexibility that overtime gives to the Force, will ensure delivery of a sustainable and real increase in visible policing for all our communities. The increase in Garda numbers in 2009 will more than offset the planned reduction in overtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wispa

new user.was wondering is that good news for us in the budget?in same situation as most people.passed interview waiting on medical and pct.hopefully in before next summer all going well.thanks.

I am in same siutation as you wispa. That seems positive to me. Hopefully that will mean we may make the feb or may intake. What do other people thing of what is mentioned above ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wispa

well thats good anyway seems to be good news google08.have heard a rumour that there will still be intakes next year but with just smaller class sizes??????

• Registered Users Posts: 33 chesera

Hi folks, does anyone, anyone at all have MEDICAl scheduled around the 22nd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jimmyshoe

horse1 wrote: »
    hey all. had the medical last week. got deferred. i had an operation on my leg about ten years ago and the doctor in hq said that she wants all the results from scans and doctor reports before she passes me. anyone ever heard of this happening. i mean my leg is grand. i play football and am quite fit.

hey horse1, i had my medical too and also got deferred as i had an X-Ray before. the doc in the HQ wants to see the result of it and my GP's report. i am so devastated now over it :(. did you get everything that she wanted from your GP/hospital and have you heard anything back from them yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

chesera wrote: »
    Hi folks, does anyone, anyone at all have MEDICAl scheduled around the 22nd?

I have a medical that week

I have a medical that week

Hi Murphy, When did you do your interview ? I am in batch 2 and done my interview on the 23/09/08 so just trying to get an idea how far i maybe away

google08 wrote: »
    Hi Murphy, When did you do your interview ? I am in batch 2 and done my interview on the 23/09/08 so just trying to get an idea how far i maybe away

Back in July, Rumour is, if you haven't been called for a medical, you won't be called till at least the new year. For the next intake after November, otherwise there would just be a build up of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

jimmyshoe wrote: »
    hey horse1, i had my medical too and also got deferred as i had an X-Ray before. the doc in the HQ wants to see the result of it and my GP's report. i am so devastated now over it :(. did you get everything that she wanted from your GP/hospital and have you heard anything back from them yet?

hey jimmyshoe, the doctor in hq wrote a letter for me to give to my G.P. i gave it to him and he sent what he had. i rang hq on tue and they said that they recieved it but it could be next week or the week after before they get a chance to review it. more waiting now so. itl be next year for the pct so if i get the all clear. did you hear anything from then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jimmyshoe

horse1 wrote: »
    hey jimmyshoe, the doctor in hq wrote a letter for me to give to my G.P. i gave it to him and he sent what he had. i rang hq on tue and they said that they recieved it but it could be next week or the week after before they get a chance to review it. more waiting now so. itl be next year for the pct so if i get the all clear. did you hear anything from then

hey horse1, I have not heard anything yet. i got a letter from my GP and the result of the X-Ray from the hospital, so sent this in to the doctor in HQ, i will give them a ring in a few days, but i will probably be in the same boat as you for the PCT. fingers crossed we are not waiting too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cork spunker

i passed interview in may and handed in form b to local in june,got a call from HQ last week saying they never received form b !!!! evvn though i stamped receipt. this ever happen to anyone else ?:confused:

• Advertisement

i passed interview in may and handed in form b to local in june,got a call from HQ last week saying they never received form b !!!! evvn though i stamped receipt. this ever happen to anyone else ?:confused:

Didn't happen to me, but it happens to a good few people

Advertisement