Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

MOG7 wrote: »
    Hi mate, did you just print off the form then scan it or how did you do it?

your stage2 application form is sent in via e-mail to the e-mail address given on the publicjobs website ... save a copy onto your computer and e-mail it on while keeping the saved copy for yourself for preparation purposes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 popsypya

paddymc1 wrote: »
    Sent off my stage 2 application form today, anybody got there's sent in yet?

Just sent mine off today to get it edited before submitting it, am all nerves, found it very hard to come up with some stuff to write about, but hopefully it will all be good:)

Also sent my leaving cert off to get it translated as I took it in Denmark, costing me 70 euros to get it translated, crazy.. but am very excited, have my test on the 11th, can't wait:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    your stage2 application form is sent in via e-mail to the e-mail address given on the publicjobs website ... save a copy onto your computer and e-mail it on while keeping the saved copy for yourself for preparation purposes

Cheers ye but i was just wondering do you write it out or do you just write it in Word if you know what i mean?

Best of Luck Popsypya, i thankfully know a Sergant so i'm gonna show him mine tonight just to check over it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Cheers ye but i was just wondering do you write it out or do you just write it in Word if you know what i mean?

Just open it as a Word Doc, and type it in in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Best of Luck Popsypya, i thankfully know a Sergant so i'm gonna show him mine tonight just to check over it...

Hi MOG7,
    When you download the application form just fill in the areas required and E-mail it off. Save a copy as Kerry said so you can go over what you put on it for the interview stage.

• Advertisement

ojewriej wrote: »
    Just open it as a Word Doc, and type it in in there.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

well , is sent off the interview form there, forgot to attch it the first time, DOH! doin a course on sunday and test on the 21st, moving along nicely now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

tryin fo fill out the form. in the employment section, in a few jobs i had. i walked out of them for one reason or another. i can hardly put that down on the form as it wont look good at all. anyone else got the same problem and what reason did they give for leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I hope you have good reasons for walking out on them or they'll grill you on it in the interview.

And I would advise you to put them down, as it'll look 10 times worse if they catch you out and find out you left out information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

one of them was in a bar. after 3 weeks i was the longest member of staff in the bar. tells you what kind of owners it had. it was a family owned pub and they were really hard to work for. nothing was good enough. i lasted a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

horse1 wrote: »
    one of them was in a bar. after 3 weeks i was the longest member of staff in the bar. tells you what kind of owners it had. it was a family owned pub and they were really hard to work for. nothing was good enough. i lasted a month.

Worked in a place like that myself and walked out. Still put it in my Jobs section last time I did the interview that i worked there. The reason i put for leaving was for better Employment. Explained in more detail at inteview as to the reason why I left.
    It's all about life experiences and shows you can make good decisions when in a situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Hey everyone, i'm looking for some advice, I passed stage 2 last year but failed the medical, just want to ask would it be a good idea to use the same scenarios again on the application form or will they think I'm just too lazy to change them, is anyone else in the same situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

i dont think they keep a record of your previous applications.

well the finer details of it, ie what scenario's you used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Surely the scenarios explain your life experiences and actions in a certain situation which would qualify you to be a guard? Surely they would be equally valid this time around if you didn't fail based on them last time?

kojack wrote: »
    Hey everyone, i'm looking for some advice, I passed stage 2 last year but failed the medical, just want to ask would it be a good idea to use the same scenarios again on the application form or will they think I'm just too lazy to change them, is anyone else in the same situation?

I'm betting you came out of the interview thinking you could've added more info in at least 1scenario and if you kept your notes from last time it would work to your advantage...

I'd say it would be grand to use the same again for 3 of them at most seen as they worked for you last time but i would change at least 1 of them to include a more recent scenario though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

For the aptitute test, what do people normally wear? Is it formal or casual?

For the aptitute test, what do people normally wear? Is it formal or casual?

Because of the thousands attending the aptitude tests, all candidates would be seen as a number so anything goes (within reason) really for stage1 ... Never saw one person last feb during my tests who was dressed in formal attire...It's obviously different then for stage2 when they put a face to the name etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tevezrooney

Just wondering about the stage 2 application form. I left my first college course after a year and a half. i am just finished the first year of a new course. I was wondering where or if i should put these down on the form, as it says i have to account for time.

Ye i'm the same, i did a course for a year and a half but then left college, i presume i can just put down the course but obviously not put down anything for qualification recieved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Ye i'm the same, i did a course for a year and a half but then left college, i presume i can just put down the course but obviously not put down anything for qualification recieved.

yeah, its what i did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Yeah I'm in college now so I just put down where and what I was doing and thats it.

Just wondering about the stage 2 application form. I left my first college course after a year and a half. i am just finished the first year of a new course. I was wondering where or if i should put these down on the form, as it says i have to account for time.

Same with me ... Just expect to answer a few questions in the interview on why you left the course ; be prepared to explain your decision for leaving at the time you did. They really scrutinised my answer in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tevezrooney

Thanks for the answers, big help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bexlee666

Working like a maniac recently and by the time i went to book my test first thing on the Friday they were all booked up... I thought there would be enough times available to balance with the number of applicants as absolutely any time at all within those dates I would be able to make myself available...absolutely gutted! :( Was told I was on the prority list, does anyone know what the chances are that I may get called, is it likely? And also is it worth my while doing a precourse now? ....I have no idea as to when the next tests are going to be held...or even if I have to wait for the next recruitment drive...its my first time applying...help!!!!!! Also any recommendations on books on the analytical patterns section?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 bruno_12345

how long after applying on public jobs where you waiting for an email. i applied only last week & i know that they are doing stage 1 from the 09/06/08 to 27/06/08. cant wait to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

bexlee666 wrote: »
    Working like a maniac recently and by the time i went to book my test first thing on the Friday they were all booked up... I thought there would be enough times available to balance with the number of applicants as absolutely any time at all within those dates I would be able to make myself available...absolutely gutted! :( Was told I was on the prority list, does anyone know what the chances are that I may get called, is it likely? And also is it worth my while doing a precourse now? ....I have no idea as to when the next tests are going to be held...or even if I have to wait for the next recruitment drive...its my first time applying...help!!!!!! Also any recommendations on books on the analytical patterns section?!

I'm in the same boat, i don't know what's going to happen all i can do is wait & hope!
    I sent off the Stage II Interview Application Form this evening anyway, just in case :confused:
    After all its not our fault the tests are overbooked and i didn't want to f**k up by not having it in by June 5th!
    Anyway, its been a long day & i've a early start tommorrow so i'd better get some sleep, starting a nice handy 4 month contract position tommorrow so i don't want to be late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bexlee666

I applied to Publicjobs over a month ago and went to the open day in Templemore and all. So I took it I had done thE research and followed all the correct procedures. Got the email last week, but I understood their 'first come first served' theory only applied to people applying and that booking their test was a given! I literally applied for the recruitment a few minutes after it was posted!!!!! I think if you manage to apply within the three days that the garda trainee is posted you should at least be given your first test!!! So now I don't know what to do!! Its more frustrating not knowing than anything else. All I can do now I suppose is send off the stage II form anyway like yourself Angelfire and see and study analytical patterns in the meantime!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

What's the number in HQ that you ring when you have a general question regarding the application process??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

What's the number in HQ that you ring when you have a general question regarding the application process??

Thanks

Garda HR is 016661644

But Public Appointments Service is looking after the process up untill you pass your interview, so you are better off ringinf them - 1890-449999 or 01 858-7400

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

just wondering i emailed my application form yesterday, but have had no confirmation to say it was received! should i send it again?

Advertisement