Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 daisey

angelfire9 wrote: »
    I was given to understand it was only the May leftovers :(
    Wonder do i still need to send that form in by June 5th?
    Going to do it anyway and send an explanatory email with it, better be safe than sorry
    hey angelfire have you booked your test or do you have to wait for the next time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

so whens your aptiudes starting?

soundlad wrote: »
    Just booked my test for the 14th of June. The first three days are booked up already. now to the joins of filling up form b. Its so hard to come up with scenarios :(

best of luck man..hopefully ull get in this time :)

Celtic07 wrote: »
    so whens your aptiudes starting?

ha mine is on friday the 13th :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

Hi guys, rang up wednesday morning first thing and got monday 9th at 10 am. Happy days......hopefully pass it this time!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Hi i rang up this morning. Was told that all places were full up and that i would be put on a stand by priority list. Does that mean if someone cancels or will there be another slot in a few weeks??

LeoGilly wrote: »
    Hi i rang up this morning. Was told that all places were full up and that i would be put on a stand by priority list. Does that mean if someone cancels or will there be another slot in a few weeks??

id imagined that ya if you have put your name down and someone cancels then it would be logical for them to cantact you. you should ring PAS and ask them about this:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

Celtic07 wrote: »
    best of luck man..hopefully ull get in this time :)

cheers celtic . hopefully be lucky this time. how did ur week go. u doing anything excitin down there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I was given to understand it was only the May leftovers :(...

cheers man, thought as much alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

daisey wrote: »
    hey angelfire have you booked your test or do you have to wait for the next time?
    No, i have to wait until July

LeoGilly wrote: »
    I was told they wouldn't do this, but that i'd have first preference for the next sittings! (which are in July)

• Advertisement

No, i have to wait until July

I was told they wouldn't do this, but that i'd have first preference for the next sittings! (which are in July)

Does that mean you dont have to fill in the stage 2 application form till then. Not too worry bout waiting till July. Wasn't exactly prepared!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

From what I gather PAS is a smaller room than the teachers club and they weren't prepared for the large amount of applications so they will be accomadating these in July. Could be wrong but hope this helps!!:confused:

From what I gather PAS is a smaller room than the teachers club and they weren't prepared for the large amount of applications so they will be accomadating these in July. Could be wrong but hope this helps!!:confused:

Does this mean you don;t have to send off the Stage 2 application form till july or still send it off before the June 5th deadline??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Anyone else get 19th of june?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Anyone pick Saturday the 21st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brig_eagan

Hi all.

Hoping someone can give me advice
    I was on a weeks holiday this week.
    Got home yesterday to see i missed booking the aptitude test as the line was open from wed-fri.

Absolutely gutted i cant belive this has happened, ill take it ive got to wait all over again.

the hotel we were staying had no internet
    So fucing pissed off

Question is do i have to wait all over again?????
    Thanks

brig_eagan wrote: »
    Hi all.

Got home yesterday to see i missed booking the aptitude test as the line was open from wed-fri.

Absolutely gutted i cant belive this has happened, ill take it ive got to wait all over again.

So fucing pissed off

Thanks

yeah ull have to wait till next next recuitment drive be good few months away from now though..make sure you check publicjobs regularly

brig_eagan wrote: »
    Hi all.

So fucing pissed off

Thanks

That is unfortunate but their will be 1more recruitment drive open to everyone again toward the end of this year so it means more time to prepare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jdq

I'm the 19th aswell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 SOUTHTIPP

just wondering how the august intake woulb be coming along would it be nearly full up would anyone have any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

SOUTHTIPP wrote: »
    just wondering how the august intake woulb be coming along would it be nearly full up would anyone have any ideas

it wont be full til towards the start date id say, But Places will be competitive with a fair few people defering to finish exams n that.

SOUTHTIPP wrote: »

no one would have a clue very private people in garda hq:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Im hoping it wont be full till July anyway, cos I have another 4 weeks to go till i can submit my eyesight report to HQ. The wait is killin me !

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭RandomPunter82

Hi all,

Looking for some assistance please!

I am booked in for the 14 june at 12.30 for the Aptitude test.
    Does anybody know how long we have to wait to hear if we are succesful at this stage or not? - Is it by post or e-mail?

I will be on holidays for the month of july so i'm afraid i won't be around to fill in the next forms if succesful.

Any help would be great, thanks

Hi all,
    Looking for some assistance please!

I am booked in for the 14 june at 12.30 for the Aptitude test.
    Does anybody know how long we have to wait to hear if we are succesful at this stage or not? - Is it by post or e-mail?

I will be on holidays for the month of july so i'm afraid i won't be around to fill in the next forms if succesful.

Any help would be great, thanks

You wil receive notification of your result by e-mail to your publicjobs message account ... I got my result 12days after sitting my stage1 tests ... not much waiting thankfully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 popsypya

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Im hoping it wont be full till July anyway, cos I have another 4 weeks to go till i can submit my eyesight report to HQ. The wait is killin me !

What do you mean submit your eyesight report? Do they not do that for the medical no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

popsypya wrote: »
    What do you mean submit your eyesight report? Do they not do that for the medical no?

Thats what i thought, i'm supposed to wear glasses but if i go to the medical and pass it but fail on eyesight i still get through, but i will need laser eye surgery before i start...

popsypya wrote: »

Yes they do the eye-test in the medical but after laser surgery you have to wait 6?weeks before you get your eyes tested again and have the optician send in a report saying they now meet the required standard and he only has another 4weeks to wait before he can do that and move into his PCT

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Sent off my stage 2 application form today, anybody got there's sent in yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

paddymc1 wrote: »
    Sent off my stage 2 application form today, anybody got there's sent in yet?

Hi mate, did you just print off the form then scan it or how did you do it?

Advertisement