Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Applying to join An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

shakin, you in college? I have exams till thursday aswell but getting the interview quickly isn't the problem if I pass the Aptitude test! Im going away at the end of June till the 15th August....will this screw up my application if they call me for an interview when I'm away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    Interviews are done i think on were you place in the appy tests. Be it in Batch 1.2 ect.

did you look into any prep course's or anything like that?

i did one last year, with a crowd from cork,in sligo.i dont think it was that great it was useful as familiarisation though(not blaming it for my failure btw!)
    i went down in the skills experience but i dont want to take the chance of failing again for the sake of a €100 or so euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

karlokarl wrote: »
    shakin, you in college? I have exams till thursday aswell but getting the interview quickly isn't the problem if I pass the Aptitude test! Im going away at the end of June till the 15th August....will this screw up my application if they call me for an interview when I'm away?

they do interviews through a certain time frame i think, 3-4 week bursts.

ya i sure am. not sure what the story is there,i think its possible you could get an interview in that time period, not sure though.it may delay your application as a whole though.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Hi,long time reader but first time poster.Can someone definitely confirm that you need to have a passing grade in Irish?.At the moment I only have a passing grade in English and a fail in Irish.Looks like I might have to go back to school again :(.

• Advertisement

Hi,long time reader but first time poster.Can someone definitely confirm that you need to have a passing grade in Irish?.At the moment I only have a passing grade in English and a fail in Irish.Looks like I might have to go back to school again :(.

No u need ' a qualifying grade in two languages one of which must be irish or english'

But you will need higher than a D3 in another language. Otherwise you will need to resit the irish exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    No u need ' a qualifying grade in two languages one of which must be irish or english'

But you will need higher than a D3 in another language. Otherwise you will need to resit the irish exam.

Thanks for the quick response there Dr_MaSoN,although not the answer I wanted.I knew I should'nt have done Art instead of Freach :D .Leaving cert Irish here I come.

Thanks for the quick response there Dr_MaSoN,although not the answer I wanted.I knew I should'nt have done Art instead of Freach :D .Leaving cert Irish here I come.

hehe ye sorry about that.

But its fairly easy to organise and to achieve. Pick up some of the irish leaveing cert study books. Remember all you need is a D3 or higher in Ordinary Irish. Self study along with a few hours of grinds will get you this no problem.

Just remember it will all be worth it in the end.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

i have b2 in foundation irish and c2 in ordinary english is that good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dottie

Is it in Dublin the Aptitudes are held, or various parts of the country?

• Advertisement

andrew1985 wrote: »
    i have b2 in foundation irish and c2 in ordinary english is that good enough
    Think you should be fine with those results:

All held in Dublin!

All

Thanks Karlo - thought that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

All held in Dublin!

Will really feel like the process is back going when get the date for aptitude test and back to filling up form b . ah well just really want to get back into it and hopefully get further this time . will there be two tests daily say a morning session and afternoon one does anyone know i cant remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

soundlad wrote: »
    Will really feel like the process is back going when get the date for aptitude test and back to filling up form b . ah well just really want to get back into it and hopefully get further this time . will there be two tests daily say a morning session and afternoon one does anyone know i cant remember

Ya i think your right 9 clock and 2 clock start i think.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

soundlad wrote: »
    ... will there be two tests daily say a morning session and afternoon one does anyone know i cant remember

Last Feb they opened the doors for the 2pm slot at 1:50 ... You queue up and sign in at the desk inside the hall and you are told where you'll be sitting then (you are assigned your seat) ... They hand out the question books and they outline what's involved in the sections really thoroughly and give you a sample question and answer (to refresh your memory if it's needed) as to the type for that section ... so that all takes about 15-20mins before you start your tests (ah the memories :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

the exams are at 9.30am and 12.30pm. thats what i was told when i rang this mornin

i think week days its 930,230 and weekends its 930,1230, and 330

open to correction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

oh ok. ya, cos im on at 12.30pm on a saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mark37

horse1 wrote: »
    oh ok. ya, cos im on at 12.30pm on a saturday.

Hi all, i booked my test for a friday at 2.00pm, has anyone else booked tests at 2.00pm??? Hope i took the right time down:confused:

I have done stage 2 (two times) now, so its 3rd time lucky!! The best of luck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Are you sure about 9.30 & 2.30?? i was told 10am & 2.00pm this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 daisey

my test is for friday the 13th of all dates at 10am :eek:

Are you sure about 9.30 & 2.30?? i was told 10am & 2.00pm this morning

ya it could be ten alright, i could hardly hear her on the phone!

daisey wrote: »
    my test is for friday the 13th of all dates at 10am :eek:

as long as there are no ladders,black cats or magpies youll probably be alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

TO THOSE that have done stage 1 before are ye going to use the same scenarios as you used in stage ii form, i have passesd the interview in the past so i was thinking of just using the same again any advice?????

goouch wrote: »
    TO THOSE that have done stage 1 before are ye going to use the same scenarios as you used in stage ii form, i have passesd the interview in the past so i was thinking of just using the same again any advice?????

i was going to seeing as i failed they hardly looked at them,still i might spruce them up a bit and make them lokk different,i wonder do they have he ones i sent in last year on file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

goouch wrote: »

They don't keep your form b after you've failed, so you can safely re-use your scenarios. I used the same ones every time, and passed the intervie every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 daisey

shakin wrote: »
    as long as there are no ladders,black cats or magpies youll probably be alright!
    ha il probably get hit by a bus :eek:

• Advertisement

daisey wrote: »
    ha il probably get hit by a bus :eek:

as long as you get the tests done first how bad!
    oh and your not hurt:D

Advertisement